X cancels Europe and Transatlantic sailings departing May - October 2021

Eloise4Ever

We are on Silhouette 5/8/21 Norwegian Fjords... of course final payment is coming up in the next few weeks.  No doubt May cancellations will not be announced before then.  This cruise has been changed twice due to Covid and was booked onboard with $100 deposit.  

Rep (phone) tells me that if we cancel we would lose $100 deposit we paid and possibly $150 MORE each unless she can get revenue dept to waive that.  I realize that we agreed to that onboard with reduced deposit, but it seems silly to make final payment just to wait and see if they cancel and have to refund our $100 deposit.

We have already moved 3 cruises to 2022 so really need to move to 2023, which isn’t available yet.  

What else should we be thinking about?  Am I missing something?

17 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

We are on Silhouette 5/8/21 Norwegian Fjords... of course final payment is coming up in the next few weeks.  No doubt May cancellations will not be announced before then.  This cruise has been changed twice due to Covid and was booked onboard with $100 deposit.  

Rep (phone) tells me that if we cancel we would lose $100 deposit we paid and possibly $150 MORE each unless she can get revenue dept to waive that.  I realize that we agreed to that onboard with reduced deposit, but it seems silly to make final payment just to wait and see if they cancel and have to refund our $100 deposit.

We have already moved 3 cruises to 2022 so really need to move to 2023, which isn’t available yet.  

What else should we be thinking about?  Am I missing something?

The rep is wrong.  Your booking is covered by Cruise With Confidence.  If you cancel and it's a NRD you are entitled to FCC for your $100 pp deposit.   If it's refundable you will get $100 pp back to your original form of payment.  You can even submit the request online.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

• For cancelation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  
  • In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.
  • For cancelation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment.
  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.
Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, zitsky said:

This is only specific ships, right?

• Celebrity Cruises:
    • Suspending sailings through April 30, including the May 1 transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Apex
    • May through October 2021 Europe and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edgeand Celebrity Constellation will also be suspended

I tried to switch my edge cruise to the infinity and ,well, X said (their in their words of  some dumbass employee) "The Infinity is not the same class of ship(as the edge) ( in fact two generations lower) so they are not offering the same compensation as the other ships I offered yesterday(apex)."  LOL basically I told my TA to screw them and book regent.  I will NEVER cruise with X or any of their affiliates again.  Horrible customer service.  They lost a customer forever.  I will be rebooking my trip on regent this next trip and the two others I have in the future worth(80+K of revenue)  Can't fix stupid!

Edited by Lonedaddy

I am baffled as to why "Celebrity Cruises will be suspending global operations for Europe . . .  departing May through October 2021" for just the Constellation and the Edge.   Why aren't all of Celebrity's ships with European itineraires affected by the "ongoing travel limitations through the summer."  Because my husband and I are booked on the Silhouette's 29 May 2021 Iceland/Ireland cruise, I am interested in what Celebrity's plans are for the rest of its fleet with European itineraries for 2021.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

I am baffled as to why "Celebrity Cruises will be suspending global operations for Europe . . .  departing May through October 2021" for just the Constellation and the Edge.   Why aren't all of Celebrity's ships with European itineraires affected by the "ongoing travel limitations through the summer."  Because my husband and I are booked on the Silhouette's 29 May 2021 Iceland/Ireland cruise, I am interested in what Celebrity's plans are for the rest of its fleet with European itineraries for 2021.

Anyone's guess.  Maybe they will cancel others.  I'd like to know. 

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Anyone's guess.  Maybe they will cancel others.  I'd like to know. 

greed, instead of looking at the long term picture they are very shortsighted.  I had flights booked already as we are almost 4 months out with great deals on mileage, yet they expect me to change to Spain from Italy ?  I could have mde the switch to the infinity without having to alter my flights, but they don't care a damn bit.  again stupid decisions, not eill thought ought or communicated down the ranks the CEO ought to be fired for such a culture.  they made the decision and their call staff was clueless and unempowered to do what is right.  

4 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

We are also booked on the same Silhouette cruise. Because of Covid conditions and the relatively slow pace of vaccination in Canada, we just decided that we will not sail on this cruise. Too much uncertainty between February and May.

Unfortunately, our beautiful 14 nights itinerary touching to England, Scotland, Ireland and Iceland, is not available in 2022. The closest I found in the region,  are 12 nights itineraries. In addition, it would involve, for us, a change of ship class from S to E.

So, because the 2022, two-nights shorter, cruise costs about $2000 more for a similar cabin, the Lift and Shift from 2021 to 2022 would be so nice, but, I will feel like I won the lottery, if it is made available to us. (I normally am not that lucky).

In short, we’re waiting until final payment (end of February) to see if X will sweeten  the deal for our next cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed! and suggestions welcome, if you have any! 

P.s. Despite our many disappointments in relation to 3 cancelled cruises and the associated pains, I would be so thrilled to have the chance to « sail » through Covid with my wife, while remaining healthy, and to renew with the cruising fun in 2022! Hoping to see you then! 

9 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

...  I will NEVER cruise with X or any of their affiliates again.  Horrible customer service.  They lost a customer forever.  I will be rebooking my trip on regent this next trip and the two others I have in the future worth(80+K of revenue)  Can't fix stupid!

Bye.  Sorry we'll never meet.

Enjoy your other cruises

7 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

We are also booked on the same Silhouette cruise. Because of Covid conditions and the relatively slow pace of vaccination in Canada, we just decided that we will not sail on this cruise. Too much uncertainty between February and May.

Unfortunately, our beautiful 14 nights itinerary touching to England, Scotland, Ireland and Iceland, is not available in 2022. The closest I found in the region,  are 12 nights itineraries. In addition, it would involve, for us, a change of ship class from S to E.

So, because the 2022, two-nights shorter, cruise costs about $2000 more for a similar cabin, the Lift and Shift from 2021 to 2022 would be so nice, but, I will feel like I won the lottery, if it is made available to us. (I normally am not that lucky).

In short, we’re waiting until final payment (end of February) to see if X will sweeten  the deal for our next cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed! and suggestions welcome, if you have any! 

P.s. Despite our many disappointments in relation to 3 cancelled cruises and the associated pains, I would be so thrilled to have the chance to « sail » through Covid with my wife, while remaining healthy, and to renew with the cruising fun in 2022! Hoping to see you then! 

You may be interested to know that last week Celebrity dropped a 14 night Iceland/Ireland cruise departing 11 June 2022.  The itinerary is the same with the except for the port of Dublin has been changed out to Liverpool.  If Celebrity extends the LS program, we will switch to that cruise.

• Haha 1

Anyone else still waiting for an official "you are canceled" email?  The notice is on Celebrity's web site, the cruise is gone from my future cruises. My TA says they will be sending me a deposit refund but I have nothing "official" that I can send to my insurer to get a premium refund.  I have emailed the normal contact points but so far it is just crickets....

14 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Anyone else still waiting for an official "you are canceled" email?  The notice is on Celebrity's web site, the cruise is gone from my future cruises. My TA says they will be sending me a deposit refund but I have nothing "official" that I can send to my insurer to get a premium refund.  I have emailed the normal contact points but so far it is just crickets....

Me, too.  Our transatlantic on the Edge (April 18) has been cancelled, but I have not received any official notice of this by email or otherwise.  We do have a travel agent at the big box store, if that makes a difference.

Tom & Judy

52 minutes ago, TFree said:

Me, too.  Our transatlantic on the Edge (April 18) has been cancelled, but I have not received any official notice of this by email or otherwise.  We do have a travel agent at the big box store, if that makes a difference.

Tom & Judy

At least I know it is not just me. We have a TA at one of the big onlines who first told me use the link she provided to request a refund rather than an FCC but that link ended with them telling me I could not get a refund because the res had been L&S'd... with that in hand she called Celebrity and got the refund going. My issue now is getting the much larger insurance premium refunded because they need an "official" notice.....I am going to write a book someday. How I Spent The Pandemic Chasing Refunds.....

2 hours ago, OUBaylor1 said:

You may be interested to know that last week Celebrity dropped a 14 night Iceland/Ireland cruise departing 11 June 2022.  The itinerary is the same with the except for the port of Dublin has been changed out to Liverpool.  If Celebrity extends the LS program, we will switch to that cruise.

Thank-you very much OUBaylor! This is very very interesting! When I made my search, this June 11 cruise did not show up! Wow! Now I am excited! Thanks! 

6 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Thank-you very much OUBaylor! This is very very interesting! When I made my search, this June 11 cruise did not show up! Wow! Now I am excited! Thanks! 

Believing that our 29 May 2021 Iceland/Ireland cruise will be canceled, today we booked the 11 June 2022 Iceland/Ireland cruise.

I understand that X needed to make some changes due to COVID-19.

We booked our Connie TA from Rome to Tampa very early and got a great deal.   When I found that only Reflection was available for a TA out of Rome to the USA, I focused on transferring to that cruise.

Para. 3 of the letter allows a transfer within the same class for a European cruise or TA.  Guess what, only Infinity was available during that same period.   Also, no TA for Infinity was available.  

When I called X to seek the transfer, the nice lady really did try to help me, but she brought up that Reflection was not the same class as Connie.  I responded that if I was stuck only going with Infinity, that the longest cruise for that ship during that time period was 10 days, as opposed to the cancelled Connie 15 day cruise.  Also, there was no Infinity TA available.    I said, this is not a viable benefit and para. 3 was useless.

After an hour on the phone, she bumped it up to higher management and called back in two hours.  X agreed to transfer me to Reflection substantially at my Connie fare.  I was pleased, since I was not going to pay the outrageous fare for Reflection, that would have been over two thousand dollars more that Connie.

Yes, I was denied trying to transfer from edge to infinity.  Then they asked if I want a fcc of 125 % or refund on the deposit.  Adios X, I booked on regent.  Never going back to X, though I enjoyed all the cruises I went on, but not going to be treated like that.