Millennium to the West Coast - Sept 2021

Jeremiah1212

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Just posted were 7 and 8 night routes alongs the Mexican Riviera with East and West bound Panama Canal routes from fall 2021 into 2022. 

Thanks. Saw that on Celebrity's website this morning. We'll be on the Millennium for 10 nights out of Vancouver to LA 9 September 2021. 

50 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Looked at it but almost ALL balconies are "booked".  Thinking that cabins have not been released yet.  Looking forward to being able to sail from L.A. again

Looks like its still being uploaded. The 2021 sailings were completely gone for a little bit, among a few other quirks I noticed. I imagine by tomorrow they are available as usual. 

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

I am thinking about booking AQ class cabin. I was in 1122 a while back and did not like being able to hear the movies above. What would be the best AQ cabin on deck 9 or 11 , if noise is a issue for me ? 

I liked 1106 right by the rear elevators.  Nice open area outside the room.   Very quiet.

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Just posted were 7 and 8 night routes alongs the Mexican Riviera with East and West bound Panama Canal routes from fall 2021 into 2022. 

Now waiting for RCI to do the same....fingers have been crossed for years !!!

• Like 1

"The Mexican Riviera itineraries will call in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán, and Ensenada."

P.V. and Cabo  were, nice but overall not  the best itinetaries but for the cruise deprived, they will book quickly,  Anyone know the Mex Covid ruLes for pirts, etc?

Just got notice for the Millennium on the Mexican Riviera for Fall 2022 and booked a December 2020 cruise for us and our kids and grandkids.  Was able to get rooms together although most balconies are otherwise not available (likey not yet released).  Cruising should be back to more normal operations by then I hope.  Should be a fun cruise!

17 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I am thinking about booking AQ class cabin. I was in 1122 a while back and did not like being able to hear the movies above. What would be the best AQ cabin on deck 9 or 11 , if noise is a issue for me ? 

Pretty much all the Deck 11 cabins are similar as far as noise from the movies.  Have you experienced this multiple times?  We've sailed on Deck 11 near the elevators several times and never really had an issue with noise.  Sometimes if we were on the balcony we could hear some movie sound, but it was really muted, background type noise, and not bothersome at all.  I'm just wondering if perhaps you had one bad experience but wouldn't notice it on most cruises.

And just an FYI, we were looking into these cruises yesterday and all the Deck 11 cabins were unavailable.  Not sure why - wondering if maybe a travel agent grabbed the group of them or something.  Very frustrating - and unfair if they are actually not truly booked already - as that is actually our preferred location for AQ cabins on M class.

13 hours ago, hcat said:

"The Mexican Riviera itineraries will call in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán, and Ensenada."

P.V. and Cabo  were, nice but overall not  the best itinetaries but for the cruise deprived, they will book quickly,  Anyone know the Mex Covid ruLes for pirts, etc?

Interesting the 7 night itineraries  in 2022 have  the 4 stops you mention.  The 8 night sailing have an overnight in Cabo and no stop in Ensenada. I like that option better.

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Pretty much all the Deck 11 cabins are similar as far as noise from the movies.  Have you experienced this multiple times?  We've sailed on Deck 11 near the elevators several times and never really had an issue with noise.  Sometimes if we were on the balcony we could hear some movie sound, but it was really muted, background type noise, and not bothersome at all.  I'm just wondering if perhaps you had one bad experience but wouldn't notice it on most cruises.

And just an FYI, we were looking into these cruises yesterday and all the Deck 11 cabins were unavailable.  Not sure why - wondering if maybe a travel agent grabbed the group of them or something.  Very frustrating - and unfair if they are actually not truly booked already - as that is actually our preferred location for AQ cabins on M class.

I put a hold on a deck 11  cabin about 6 last night for the 12/3/22 sailing and every AQ 1 cabin showed available.  However the aft C1s  and all but 1 sweet 16 were not available.

Edited by jelayne

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting the 7 night itineraries  in 2022 have  the 4 stops you mention.  The 8 night sailing have an overnight in Cabo and no stop in Ensenada. I like that option better.

Cabo is definitely a better option than Ensenada, my question is will it be a "true overnight" where the ship stays anchored all night running tenders or will it leave and come back the next day?

3 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Cabo is definitely a better option than Ensenada, my question is will it be a "true overnight" where the ship stays anchored all night running tenders or will it leave and come back the next day?

I've never heard of an overnight where they leave and come back the next morning. Is this something that Celebrity does that I am simply unaware of? 

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've never heard of an overnight where they leave and come back the next morning. Is this something that Celebrity does that I am simply unaware of? 

Carnival is notorious for this. But Princess does a true overnight where the ships stays anchored all night and runs tenders off/on shore. 

We have had many overnights on Celebrity and the ship has alway stayed at the port all night with tenders running all night.  The new 8 Mexican Rivera has arrival in Cabo at 2pm on Day 3 and leaving on day 4 at 6pm - so true overnight.

16 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Still wondering how they plan to sail those PC and other longer cruises before Nov 1 when the CDC is saying thing over 7 days before then.  Curious minds with PC deposits would really like to know.

Once they have it figured out, they will post modifications. I'm sure they are avoiding the situation where multiple itinerary changes need announced, adding more confusion and headache. It's also very likely they will try to sail something, but sorting out port logistics is not done completed. 

36 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Once they have it figured out, they will post modifications. I'm sure they are avoiding the situation where multiple itinerary changes need announced, adding more confusion and headache. It's also very likely they will try to sail something, but sorting out port logistics is not done completed. 

I wish I shared your faith in them.  Their actions through this whole pandemic have left me wondering if I will ever get on a ship again and if I do will be a Celebrity ship?  Keep in mind that we are Elite members now but taking the time now to look at other options for 2022.

They will stay anchored.....too much liability to have them leave port and not be able to get back in...stranding passengers. 

As far as tenders...they might have a late night cut off so best to check this once onboard.

they just want the money. in my opinion i will not sail until this whole thing is over. i respect that many are thirsty to sail but i’ve been blessed to see the world.   no bucket list.  i’ll wait if ever