Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

This will be a bit of a trial balloon, but I've been posting daily sunrise photos from my past travels on several other forums (HAL, Crystal, and Maryland cruisers) and wonder if that would be of interest here.  Most will not be from Cunard ships, although it just happens that today's photo is.  I sailed the Crystal Symphony to Antarctica in 2016, and rather than fly from Baltimore in winter,  I chose to do a pair of Cunard transatlantics and fly from Miami instead (and do we really need an excuse for another transatlantic or two).  It turned out to be a very wise decision as Baltimore was hit by 2 feet of snow   July 15 on Queen Victoria was a sea day between Porto Delgada and Port Canaveral:

dawn0115.jpg

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise (actually sunset) is from land and my very first from 2020.  It was taken from Amtrak's Southwest Chief on the way from Chicago to Los Angeles and original Queen Mary, Crystal Serenity, and an all too brief stay on Queen Mary 2:

dusk0116.jpg

Roy

QV arriving in Sydney at dawn on 29 February 2016.  We were boarding later that day for an 8-night domestic Australia trip, and had treated ourselves to a night at the Hyatt adjacent to the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

image.thumb.png.4ef7f85f79445dc4803b7c640edd2848.png

• Like 5

image.thumb.jpeg.fd78089b420fc3df9fef01b3784fa98f.jpegThis sunrise is from Islander Resort Islamorada in the Florida Keyes January 20, 2017. Inauguration Day. 
We had just gotten off a 14 day Celebrity Caribbean cruise. The black clouds offset by the brilliant orange really says it all. 
As we, in America, prepare for our next inauguration I couldn’t help but reflect. 

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 2-ship world cruise.  On January 18 the Crystal Serenity was at sea from Acapulco to Puerto Vallarta.

dawn0118.jpg

The morning of January 18. 2016 was quite stormy at Queen Victoria's location west of Port Canaveral and I could not even get out on the back lido deck with the lousy weather.  It improved during the day and there was a fairly decent sunset:

dusk1118.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

My contribution today is QE arriving in Auckland, 27 February 2015.  The wife and I were boarding later that day for a short 4-night trip back to Sydney.  Photo taken from the Hilton adjacent to the shipping piers.

image.thumb.png.a17294bc7aba0f24a5f03381735ee3ea.png

• Like 3

Another photo from me today approaching sunset rather than a sunrise, but at least this one is from a Cunard ship. This was taken November 3rd 2010 during an eastbound crossing on QM2, looking back in the general direction of New York where we had departed a couple days earlier.

668041553_QM2Sunset2010.thumb.jpg.cb798cb5b99b3b505702565bcce4fe0c.jpg

• Like 3