Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Today's sunrise is land based but it's from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctica cruise (Buenos Aires to Miami) that started with a round trip pair of Cunard Transatlantics.  I boarded the Symphony January 27 and took a morning walk on Avenue Libertador.

dawn0127.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Apologies for this repeat photo from the "Where in the world" thread, but I just wanted to complete the series of sunrise pictures on our 2018 QM2 Perth to Sydney voyage.  This is sunrise reflections on the city buildings of Melbourne, 18 February 2018.

image.thumb.png.872281aa1fd43652b55135cb1e3a010b.png

• Like 1

Here's another sunset photo from my webcam archives which I had posted at the time on a "QV Exotic Voyage" thread. This shows QV departing Fort Lauderdale on January 18th 2018 as seen from PTZtv's Port Everglades webcam found at portevergladeswebcam.com.

1861138389_QVPortEverglades2018-01-18.jpg.06ef243d8a4f660e7e425905cf8d4696.jpg

• Like 2

Unfortunately I'm starting to run low on sunrise photos.  I have only two remaining, and they are not technically "at-sea" sunrises, although they are Cunard sea-related.

Today's is sunrise over the city of Tokyo, 5 May 2019, taken from our hotel room window.  The wife and I would be departing in a few hours for the train down to Yokohama, to board QE for the transpacific to Alaska.

image.thumb.png.35ff4d6a3b85641097a8baf1383f053f.png

• Like 2

Here's another sunset webcam image of QV at Fort Lauderdale from the PTZtv webcam found at ftlauderdalewebcam.com which I posted at the time on a "Queen Victoria in Port Canaveral" thread. This one is prior to her departure just over a year ago now on January 21st 2020. This was her last normal port call at Fort Lauderdale with a late afternoon/evening departure. Her next call there was that sad perfunctory final call of her 2020 world voyage with a noon departure prior to her return to Southampton.

image.png.34a8258758947ad075bc4397ea36ac

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from one year ago, on what should have been a 2-ship (plus Amtrak) circumnavigation of the globe.  On January 29, Crystal Serenity was still on the way to her first port of call:

dawn0129.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Unfortunately this is the last sunrise picture I have (unless some are lurking hidden in my archive folders).

I saved it for last because it has sentimental value for the wife and me.  It is sunrise over Portman Square, London, on 1 September 2013.  We were leaving in a few hours for the train down to Southampton, for our first ever Cunard voyage, a QM2 westbound transatlantic to NY.  We had just finished walking Hadrian's Wall from Newcastle to Carlisle, and after several days of very scenic and wonderful 20+ miles of walking each day, we were ready to put our feet up for a little relaxation.  We thought that QM2 would be a different way of starting our return voyage to Australia.

We stepped aboard that day in 2013, and were instantly hooked forever after.

image.thumb.png.72cc85e13dd5d2a65c33d8a7a4947af9.png

• Like 3

I trust you'll continue to indulge me posting more sunset photos rather than sunrise photos since I have few if any sunrise photos left. This one is a sunset photo taken from Brilliance of the Seas on November 8th 2011 in the Mediterranean approaching Port Said.

1875795065_PortSaidSunset.thumb.jpg.678dcb4d4c5fd6711d56427800f26e9f.jpg

• Like 2

Today's sunrise demonstrate that there can be color in the sky even on a cloudy day.  It is from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America Voyage.  On January 31 we were near Cape Horn:

dawn0131.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

My sunset (alas once again not a sunrise) photo today is a bit different from my others in that it wasn't taken while on board the ship. It's showing an approaching sunset over the hills of Jordan while we were on an overnight shore excursion to Petra from Aqaba during a cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. This was taken November 10th 2011.

1327998568_JordanSunset.thumb.jpg.80c3b3b502e823cd5087ca7e1bac6746.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise demonstrate that there can be color in the sky even on a cloudy day.  It is from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America Voyage.  On January 31 we were near Cape Horn:

dawn0131.jpg

Roy

Thanks @rafinmd.  Looks like you were lucky - that's about the best weather you could hope for at Cape Horn.  Our February 2020 rounding of the Cape on QV had relatively steady seas (a rarity), but a solid overcast and steady rain.  I've posted some photos of the Cape Horn lighthouse in the "Where in the world" thread.  Our QV voyage was wonderful - hope you had a similarly good time on Prinsendam.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LEESRE said:

Sorry not a sunrise but a sunset in the Caribbean in November 2019

I indicated sunrise because I'm an early bird and most likely in either the dining room or the theater at sunset.

Roy