Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Today's sunrise is land based but the first from another set of cruises. On February 19, 2017 I boarded MS Koningsdam to get me out of flying from Maryland to Buenos Aires and continued to Crystal Serenity, Zaandam, Carnival Inspiration, and Crystal Symphony.  I watched the sun rise in Fort Lauderdale on February 18.

dawn0218.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

I'm cheating a bit on this sunrise.  It is February 22 but it is on the opposite side of the dateline so I'll call it February 21.  On this day 3 years ago the Crystal Symphony visited Stewart Island,  pretty much New Zealand's southernmost Island.

dawn0222.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2017 Koningsdam Caribbean voyage that got me out of the northeast well before continuing with a crazy combination of Crystal  Serenity, Iguazu, Zaandam, Carnival Inspiration, and Crystal Symphony.  On February 22 we visited Amber Cove:

dawn0222.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Very nice, @rafinmd.  Looks like orange sunrises occur often in Rio.  I posted one previously, taken a year later to yours on 9 February 2020 from our hotel in Copacabana, prior to boarding QV the next day.  The two islands in your photo can be seen here also, with a different angle to the sun coming up from the horizon.

image.thumb.png.540b02658169712b0109ab5d1189fa40.png

Today's sunrise is from the Crystal Serenity.  On February 25 we visited Akaroa,  New Zealand.  The photo worked best in vertical mode but we shared the port with the Maasdam, and I got my first view of that ship just as the sun was rising:

dawn0225.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise appears land based but comes from the deck of MS Koningsdam as we were tying up in Aruba February  26, 2017:

dawn0226.jpg

My next step is a visit with the doctors and a CAT scan on March 9.

Roy

Today's sunrise is from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctica cruise that started with a pair of Cunard transatlantics.  As February 17 started we were approaching the Miraflores locks on the Panama Canal:

dawn0227.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is the first of yet another string of cruises.  In 2014 The Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony were meeting in Singapore and I made the switch starting on Symphony in Bali and leaving Serenity in Cape Town.  I was dreading the long flight home when I discovered Amsterdam had a World Cruise segment leaving Cape Town for Ft. Lauderdale just 3 days after I arrived.  On March 1 the Symphony left Bali:

dawn0301.jpg

Roy

Today's sunrise is from yet another string of cruises, I believe my first time cobbling cruises together (although in 2008 and 2009 I mixed QM2 crossings into land trips).  I had booked a 2010 Queen Victoria World Cruise segment (Bangkok to Dubai), and at least slightly shortened my flying time by booking Crystal Symphony Los Angeles to Sydney.  On March 2 the Symphony was crossing the Pacific towards Hilo.

IMG_1626.thumb.JPG.be2b89c0a3969806632dd

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my off the wall 2017 combination (Koningsdam, Crystal Serenity, Iguazu by land, Zaandam, Carnival Inspiration, and Crystal Symphony).  On March 4 the Serenity had overnighted in Buenos Aires and left that evening:

dawn0304.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

IMG_0645.thumb.jpeg.8801f079d0df0a517fe52427bcec22ff.jpegA couple of sunrise and one sunset.      Which port?    The seagull sunrise 8 December 2020 Anthem may be visible just_DSC3723.thumb.JPG.3dfb07f4de1c1bfadb6f4f750825d3cb.JPGIMG_0680.thumb.jpeg.f6a8eaaba8eb5dc0ce8fac6d01e45cae.jpegIMG_0645.thumb.jpeg.8801f079d0df0a517fe52427bcec22ff.jpegtaken a short walk from my home, you may just be able to see the ship at anchor (Anthem of the Seas) 1st of December 2020, sunset.   Sorry I changed the photo of the sunset however two have appeared. 

Edited by Redrobo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last time I embarked on a cruise was March 6 last year, QM2 in Sydney.  March 7 was a sea day and I caught my first sunrise then; It is now March 7 in Australia.

dawn07.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is the last from my 2016 Crystal Symphony Antarctic cruise that began with a pair of Cunard transatlantics.  On March 7 Amtrak's Silver Meteor was in Northern Virginia approaching Washington DC.

dawn0307.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is actually a sunset, from my last cruise, Queen Mary 2 from Sydney to Perth instead of New York. On March 8 we visited Melbourne and it was the 10th time I saw "Come From Away"

dusk08.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal Symphony/Crystal Serenity/Amsterdam series, Bali-Singapore-Cape Town-Ft. Lauderdale.  On March 9 Crystal Symphony was in Brunei:

dawn0309.jpg

Roy

• Like 2