Are April Cruise Cancellations Imminent?

desherry

As of today January 15, the booking systems are down for maintenance until Monday. Is this a sign that cancellations are imminent?

Also, if I try to do a mock booking for the April TA on the Jade, I get the message that all cabins are sold out which usually indicates that a cancellation is imminent.

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Sorry for those of you who still had hopes for April😕

I try to be 'glass half-full' but we have to be realistic.  We  proactively cancelled our May 9 Day and moved that deposit to a later 9 day cruise.    

There is no such thing as a half full or half empty glass.  The glass is always 100% full.  It may be partially full of your drink of choice and partially full of air but it is always 100% full! 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, desherry said:

April TA on the Jade,

In answer to the question re cancellation of April cruises: will they be cancelled, my crystal ball indicates, YES; however, only time will tell.

I was booked on the Jade, TPA > NYC followed by the TA to Amsterdam.  I cancelled both a while ago suspected both would be cancelled by NCL. 

Sounds like such a wonderful cruise and I really hope it will be available in the future. 

This forum is great for getting early information. Just looked at me April 23 9 day cruise booking on the Breakaway and it is still there but NCL listed everything sold out. Looks like I won't have to cancel the cruise which I was planning to do before final payment and may also get a future cruise credit.

Looking at how poorly this vaccine rollout is going it looks to be May or June before my wife and I will get vaccinated and I am 70, my wife 59. Luckily we both had covid in November and the cases were mild. I hope whatever immunity we gained lasts till we can get our shots.

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. All of the April cruises have been removed from sales inventory. That usually happens 24-72 hours before the cancellation notifications. 

Only 2 cruises come up for April, Hawaii and I'm sure they will also vanish soon

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

All of April now do not appear in search results. And all of the money has been drained from our April reservation. 

5500685E-E28C-4D22-AA9E-9E16AE753F4A.jpeg

The NCL website information on our April 23 cruise started this morning with all the booking info. A couple of hours later there was another message with no info on the booking and then a few minutes ago one just like the one above was there. Weird

3 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

The NCL website information on our April 23 cruise started this morning with all the booking info. A couple of hours later there was another message with no info on the booking and then a few minutes ago one just like the one above was there. Weird

Yea unfortunately that is the message that means the cruise is canceled and your money has been moved to holding accounts for refunds.  Cancellation email should arrive shortly.

I think April is in danger but we are looking better for some types of limiting cruising in the late spring-summer.  I know more people now that have received their first vaccination than I know people who got the virus, so we are definitely moving in the right direction.

• Like 2