Did Suite benefits change or is my memory bad??

jelayne

I thought I read  that  complimentary specialty dining was included for suites.  In checking on the website complementary specialty dining is only listed for Spa Suites and above.  Is this a change or is my memory bad?

Interesting.   Last week I was looking at switching to a Continental Suite on my booking.   I am positive that the booking site said that the CS had complimentary specialty dining ( but for 7 nights only, even on a longer cruise).  I look today  and the booking site has taken that off. No complimentary dining at all. True, though, as Host Jazzbeau cites, the main page states that Continental Suites include complimentary dining.   Hopefully Azamara can give a correct answer and correct the two areas to show the same information. 

Yes but since Saturday I have realised it is saying complimentary seating - I am sure it used to say complimentary dining.  OK pedantry does that mean you can have the reservation at no charge but pay a reduced price to eat over those not in a suite?  I just find it strange it is now using this clumsy wording when it used to say complimentary dining.  Anyway best thing is lets see what Sandra responds with.

• Like 1

I can empathize with Jelayne.  It seems whenever I look for inclusion with club continent suites, I see something different and often something confusing.  It seems to me, to understand exactly what you get, you need to visit a couple of different Azamara web sites.  I have taken one Azamara and it is because of the great itinerary that I am taking another Azamara cruise and upgrading to a club continent suit.  (The previous comment that the specialty dining inclusion is only for 7 nights is a new one to me)

To answer the original question - excluding the dining question, yes - some suite benefits have gone away.  Suites used to get priority tenders in tender ports. On our last cruise which had a large number of tender ports, it was first come - first serve. I had thought it would not be an issue because of being a smaller ship - but when we arrived inports at 10:00 am or 11:00 am - it was an issue.   And, Suites used to get priority disembakation for Azamazing Evenings. On the last few cruises, it changed to all of deck 8 - not just suites.  Then of course there was the long running laundry bag (which got much smaller over the years) battle to reinstate the combinability of Loyalty and Suite benefits.   

6 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

To answer the original question - excluding the dining question, yes - some suite benefits have gone away.  Suites used to get priority tenders in tender ports. On our last cruise which had a large number of tender ports, it was first come - first serve. I had thought it would not be an issue because of being a smaller ship - but when we arrived inports at 10:00 am or 11:00 am - it was an issue.   And, Suites used to get priority disembakation for Azamazing Evenings. On the last few cruises, it changed to all of deck 8 - not just suites.  

Don't ever recall suites getting tender priority going back to 2011.  Same with Azamazing Evening, except for corner suites, top few cruisers, and designated VIPs (e.g., top execs of large cruise agencies).

• Like 1

No there were priority tenders even last year - you went to a different tender assembly point, usually Spirits.  But suites certainly did not get Azamazing priority other than the big suites and VIPs.  If for any reason you are in the accessible suites on Deck 6 by virtue of them not being required by a person needing an accessible suite, you have to wait for the Deck 6 buses.

I would not worry too much about Azamazing Evening perks, it looks highly unlikely they will be happening off ship in the near future.  It is being shown as on ship for our July cruise

8 hours ago, wrtmlt said:

Uktog sorry to jump a thread but a quick question for you. Is the Tattoo always in Aug?Look at 2022 cruise. Thank you

Bill

Yes absolutely it’s always first three weeks in August, usually starting around the first Thursday in August. We so hope we get both the 2021 and 2022 events. Tickets go on sale the previous December so register on the tattoo site for emails and you will get a warning of the date.  
https://www.edintattoo.co.uk

If it’s Azamara you are looking at, docking in Leith means diy instead of going through the cruiseline for tickets is so easy and of course much less expensive. 

21 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

To answer the original question - excluding the dining question, yes - some suite benefits have gone away.  Suites used to get priority tenders in tender ports. On our last cruise which had a large number of tender ports, it was first come - first serve. I had thought it would not be an issue because of being a smaller ship - but when we arrived inports at 10:00 am or 11:00 am - it was an issue.   And, Suites used to get priority disembakation for Azamazing Evenings. On the last few cruises, it changed to all of deck 8 - not just suites.  Then of course there was the long running laundry bag (which got much smaller over the years) battle to reinstate the combinability of Loyalty and Suite benefits.   

Laundry! Tell me more! We're in a 'corner' for suite 21 nights this coming November. We're also Discovery Plus. 

What laundry perks can we expect?

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

2 bags of laundry per week (1 is for Discoverer Plus &  1 for booking a suite).

Thank you. 

Hope you're surviving the awful floods in the Midlands and 'Up North' --- looks awful on the news.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:54 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Hopefully Joan (jelayne) will get a response to her email to Captain's Circle. I've lost count of the website inaccuracies, so hopefully this is just another. Unless it's in response to covid and social distancing protocols onboard I can't see any reason for them to change it. 

Phil 

Update, I sent an email a few days ago and waiting for a response.