Tell me about the SPA

Lonedaddy

Sorry for the newbie questions, but without cruising going on it can provide a discussion topic.  I have 3 cruises booked on the mariner voyager and explorer.  DW likes to go to the SPA.  So how does the spa compare to other lines like Celebrity?  Do they have "thermal" type areas or a steam room?  DW has been disappointed by some of the massages on cruises and finds one in hotels better.  Is this the same on Regent or are their personnel more experience.

thank you for your thoughts 

Explorer (and Splendor) have a hydrothermal area, described below. I don't believe there is anything like that on Mariner and Voyager, and know there is not on Navigator.

I haven't been on since they switched vendors from Canyon Ranch to Serene, but I was never impressed with the massages given by Canyon Ranch. But then, I'm accustomed to therapeutic massages, which really can't be expected on a cruise ship.

"REGENT HYDROTHERMAL EXPERIENCE Enjoy full access to the hydrothermal suite available on Seven Seas Splendor™ and Seven Seas Explorer®. Cool and warm temperatures are the core of this experience, which includes a collection of thermal chambers, including Infrared Sauna, Cold Room, Experiential Shower, and Aromatic Steam Room."

1 hour ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Explorer (and Splendor) have a hydrothermal area, described below. I don't believe there is anything like that on Mariner and Voyager, and know there is not on Navigator.

I haven't been on since they switched vendors from Canyon Ranch to Serene, but I was never impressed with the massages given by Canyon Ranch. But then, I'm accustomed to therapeutic massages, which really can't be expected on a cruise ship.

"REGENT HYDROTHERMAL EXPERIENCE Enjoy full access to the hydrothermal suite available on Seven Seas Splendor™ and Seven Seas Explorer®. Cool and warm temperatures are the core of this experience, which includes a collection of thermal chambers, including Infrared Sauna, Cold Room, Experiential Shower, and Aromatic Steam Room."

Thanks at least she will have that on the 32 day cruise

• 7 months later...

Sometimes I forget how many features other than these boards are right here on CC. Here's some good photos of the spa area on CC. They're from when Canyon Ranch ran it, but I'm sure none of the thermal features have changed. And it does look like Explorer has the same features as Splendor. It starts getting into the thermal features around slide 15.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/seven-seas-explorer-998/canyon-ranch-spaclub-298972/canyon-ranch-spaclub--v13637977

Edited by wishIweretravelling
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was wondering the same thing.  We are finding that none of the excursions on our Mexico port of call really suit us (mostly because none, except for one, the Dolphin Experience, are wheelchair friendly, and we just don't want to do the Dolphin Experience).  So we were thinking of staying on board that day, relaxing a bit and exploring the ship.  I was thinking of maybe going to the beauty salon, especially if they have a Brazilian Blowout treatment for my curly hair.  That would be terrific.  I have done this on NCL spas.  Of course, RSSC are different, so I have no idea.  Anyone know whether this is an available treatment?  The website does not really tell me a whole lot on hair treatments, so I just don't know . . . 

Yes, the spa is usually an attraction for us.  Since this is our first time on Regent, are there any tips?  For example, on NCL, if you go to the spa when you board, they usually have specials like 10%/20%/30% for 3 services.  We often will book three and save the most expensive for last!  They have port day specials, too.

Or is it better to go ahead and book spa treatments as soon as they open up on line?  I think that's at 60 days out.  (The hedonist in me says book ASAP, but the frugal part of me says maybe I should wait!)  We're splurging on this cruise, so would like to save where I can.....:)

1 hour ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Yes, the spa is usually an attraction for us.  Since this is our first time on Regent, are there any tips?  For example, on NCL, if you go to the spa when you board, they usually have specials like 10%/20%/30% for 3 services.  We often will book three and save the most expensive for last!  They have port day specials, too.

Or is it better to go ahead and book spa treatments as soon as they open up on line?  I think that's at 60 days out.  (The hedonist in me says book ASAP, but the frugal part of me says maybe I should wait!)  We're splurging on this cruise, so would like to save where I can.....:)

They will definitely have special on port days as well as specials if you have multiple treatments.  The tip is extra but they automatically add it to your bill.  I have always been able to book spa treatments when I get onboard.  Often I wait until they advertise the special I want.  Since many of Regent's cruises are port intensive, and most people want to visit the spa on sea days, there are more slots available.

6 hours ago, ysolde said:

Was wondering the same thing.  We are finding that none of the excursions on our Mexico port of call really suit us (mostly because none, except for one, the Dolphin Experience, are wheelchair friendly, and we just don't want to do the Dolphin Experience).  So we were thinking of staying on board that day, relaxing a bit and exploring the ship.  I was thinking of maybe going to the beauty salon, especially if they have a Brazilian Blowout treatment for my curly hair.  That would be terrific.  I have done this on NCL spas.  Of course, RSSC are different, so I have no idea.  Anyone know whether this is an available treatment?  The website does not really tell me a whole lot on hair treatments, so I just don't know . . . 

Oh, did a little more digging around the website, and it looks like they do have the Kerastase blowout treatment.  I will book that for the day the ship is in Mexico.  Or will I do better waiting until we are on board, since there might be discounts then?