Star Breeze 11/27/21

Petoonya

Had a balcony and to move up to a Star balcony was just $100pp more for 17 days. Now have stretched part of the ship and bed by the window. Don't know if they were just being nice because of meager bookings, or if this was the regular pricing. But didn't ask in case it was an error. 😉

Now all I have to do is hope it's a go and lose 10 lbs.

• Like 1

Oh that’s awesome!! Take it and run! 🙂 

I think we may push out Tahiti to 2022. Not ideal but with the CDC new requirements for a Covid test no older than 3-days in order to fly back to the states, we may just wait a bit unless Windstar can perform this testing for us on-board before we fly home. 

@minidonuts85

Sounds like a plan. The only thing is that you have to wait until August is canceled to rebook at the same price we both got last spring. WS wouldn't do it for us otherwise. If the COVID timing makes all of our criteria acceptable, we might do August. None of that "ship's tours only" stuff though.

Would still rather do Spirit. These COVID variants complicate the future too.😩

I've probably told you but we have the November cruise booked on Breeze, and Spirit booked as a back May 22. If your switch to '22, would you consider that one?

@minidonuts85

Well aw shucks.

Our 5/22 cruise on Spirit is out the window tonight. Chartered. The good news is between two canceled cruises due to COVID, two canceled to charters, and the generosity of WS, we're accumulating FCC fast. The next 18 day cruise after 5/22 is 8/22.

My husband and I are at odds about all this. He'd really prefer the 11/21, but I worry that will be canceled or limited to ship's tours. I'd rather put all our credit towards 8/22 but he feels he's not getting any younger and rather take chances on 11/21.

As if this is a real "problem" in the midst of all the turmoil and pain the world is suffering through!

😧

Hi Nancy, So many moving targets haha! I totally forgot about the CDC conditional sailing order requiring ship only tours. Although it points to US sailings, I think WS has likely taken to applying the requirements to all of the fleet; I know Crystal has.

If its ship tours only in Aug 2021 then that is a dealbreaker for sure. I dont have any issues with the mask wearing, social distancing, etc. on the ship but we value our experiences on-shore and want flexibility. Right now we are looking at the 10/11 night August 11, 2022 as it includes our anniversary. I sure wish one day we can do the 17-day when we arent worker bees!

@minidonuts85

Hi back at you Deb,

Our May 2022 Tahiti was cancelled for a charter yesterday, but as usual WS was generous in what they gave us. At first was going to do a June 2022 17 day Tahiti, but another CC cruiser easily talked me into the 18 day August 4 2022. (It's so far off that I hope I'm not dead then.) But if you book August too maybe we can do some tours together.  🙂

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:18 PM, Petoonya said:

@minidonuts85

Hi back at you Deb,

Our May 2022 Tahiti was cancelled for a charter yesterday, but as usual WS was generous in what they gave us. At first was going to do a June 2022 17 day Tahiti, but another CC cruiser easily talked me into the 18 day August 4 2022. (It's so far off that I hope I'm not dead then.) But if you book August too maybe we can do some tours together.  🙂

Joining on tours sounds like a plan! I didn’t realize you were just notified about May...ugh. 

4 hours ago, amandas friend said:

We are due to go in late September On Star Breeze. I think things will be fine by then but would be concerned about testing negative within 3 days returning to US. I hope either WS or airline would do testing. 

The Tahiti tourism website states that for flights going to the US there is testing at the airport for about $58 with results within 15 minutes beginning January 26.

Who knows what will be required or in place by September.

52 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

Joining on tours sounds like a plan! I didn’t realize you were just notified about May...ugh. 

Deb,

There are two other couples I know from CC who are on the 8/4/22 cruise. We'll have small tours filled up and then some. Wish it were this summer. As I told another cruiser, that with the number of charters we've been canceled for, we are like poison to cruise with though. Hope this works out for you!