Carnival Splendor when in Australia Fahrenheit 555

I have tried on the Carnival thread but of course USA rules may not be duplicated here.

Has anyone actually booked this steak house on the Splendor and if so  do you know if they offer a complimentary bottle of wine (probably only on the first night)  but a USA person said the first Elegant night)  and someone else posted the following (which would be great)

I would double check in case things are different on the Splendor down under, but with the US based ships, besides getting the free bottle of house wine on night one, you have the option of buying any other bottles at a 50% discount.  You can buy as many bottles as you would like and then drink them over the course of your cruise throughout the ship with dinner.  

30 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I have tried on the Carnival thread but of course USA rules may not be duplicated here.

Has anyone actually booked this steak house on the Splendor and if so  do you know if they offer a complimentary bottle of wine (probably only on the first night)  but a USA person said the first Elegant night)  and someone else posted the following (which would be great)

I would double check in case things are different on the Splendor down under, but with the US based ships, besides getting the free bottle of house wine on night one, you have the option of buying any other bottles at a 50% discount.  You can buy as many bottles as you would like and then drink them over the course of your cruise throughout the ship with dinner.  

It would be great if that would be the same here in OZ.

Ohhhhh   I didn't know it was a Steak house on Carnival

I wonder what Fahrenheit 555. was. besides  290 C   ( I have learnt something today )

All I could think of is Fahrenheit 451 the film   ( ignition point of paper ) 

Right it is a shame.... we don't get the same deal as the US

But I think it is people in US do a lot of last minute booking, unlike here where we book about 12 months in advance

Cheers Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Ohhhhh   I didn't know it was a Steak house on Carnival

I wonder what Fahrenheit 555. was. besides  290 C   ( I have learnt something today )

Right it is a shame.... we don't get the same deal as the US

But I think it is people in US do a lot of last minute booking, unlike here where we book about 12 months in advance

Cheers Don

Time for a G and T Don. You would fit in well on P and O Uk, G and T is the drink for the poms, lol.

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Time for a G and T Don. You would fit in well on P and O Uk, G and T is the drink for the poms, lol.

Funny you should say that  I have just today had to purchase some Gin  and brandy for DH as I have completely  run out of all the duty free bought over the years   I have 5 months to go before i  can buy some on the June cruise (hopefully)  it breaks my heart to pay the Australian prices......

17 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

And all I could think of was the Ray Bradbury novel which, a million years ago, I studied in English Lit for my Leaving / Matriculation.  It was a toss up for me, which was worse Fahrenheit 451 or D H Lawrence's Sons and Lovers.  These days, I believe they get much better books to review.