Quick Question re changing a queue and TA

Dinglebert

I can't find the answer to this.  Have decided to move July cruise to next April.  Have found the one we want and its filling up quickly.  I booked via a travel agent.  Am I able to do the change via P&O or do I have to contact TA?   The reason I ask is the queue on the phone for TA is very, very long and they have failed to answer it twice already.

I suspect I know the answer.

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

You’ll almost certainly find that P&O will refuse to do anything with a TA booking. Might be worth trying, nothing to lose if you’ve got the TA on another line perhaps, but probably not going to be successful.

Thought that.  I'm getting nowhere contacting TA.  After 10 minutes of sorry to keep you waitig a man playing the stylophone it disconnects.  I have tried a message on facebook but thats being ignored as well.

3 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Thought that.  I'm getting nowhere contacting TA.  After 10 minutes of sorry to keep you waitig a man playing the stylophone it disconnects.  I have tried a message on facebook but thats being ignored as well.

I could be wrong though - maybe try them and ask whether they could put a hold on what you want for the agent to pick up?  Nothing to lose.

17 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Drop P&O a message on Facebook - explain the situation and who your agent is. I'm not guaranteeing they can help but you may get a better response than the P&O call centre where they are not allowed to.

Sound advice from someone in a far better position than I am to advise.  👍

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Glad you’re sorted.

So am I!   When I did get a human it was painless.  Cruise was switched within a couple of minutes as all the details were basically the same down to the exact cabin.  I was just fortunate to get a handler who could do rebooking.   Not many of them apparently.  I did also manage to get her direct line for future reference if needed.

• Like 2