April 2021 Cancellations

mrlevin

MIAMI, Jan. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. ( NCLH ) (“Norwegian” or “the Company”) , a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line ( NCLH ), Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands, today announces an extension of its previously announced suspension of global cruise voyages as the Company continues to work through its return to service plan to meet the requirements of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). The suspension now includes all voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises embarking through April 30, 2021. The Company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited.

Guests who are currently booked on cancelled voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line ( NCLH ), Oceania Cruises or Regent Seven Seas Cruises are asked to contact their travel advisor or the cruise line for more information.

----------------

No mention of USA sailings that still exist on the books of longer than seven days; looks like I am going to have to wait another month before they cancel Navigator Grand Arctic.  😒

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Unless you transfer your cancelled cruise funds to a new cruise - then a FCC will be created. Just verified with Regent.

But you always have the option of receiving credit and then putting those funds against new cruise(s) thus retaining the cash aspect of the payment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Our April cruise to Amazon//Caribbean has been cancelled; no surprise there. Although we are tempted by the same cruise in 2022 we  are taking the refund and will decide what to do at a later date; too many unknowns right now. 

When they offered you 2022 Amazon, did they indicate if it could still be cancelled for cash prior to NEW penalty period?

I have not yet spoken to my travel advisor; just received an e-mail; here is what it says in full:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: JANUARY 19, 2021

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor*,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming cruise. 

For All Reservations:

For all active reservations, Regent will provide a 100% Refund on the amounts paid** as of January 19, 2021. Refunds will be processed automatically within 60 days — no action is required by guests or travel advisors to request refunds.

Exclusive Price Match Offer

If you book Caribbean & Amazon Exploration on Seven Seas Navigator on April 18, 2022, which is similar to your original cruise, we’ll honor the lower price you paid for your suite on your current booking, pending space availability. Please contact your Travel Advisor or our Reservations team at the phone numbers below for this exclusive price match offer by February 2, 2021.

Upgrade Your Horizon Offer

Plus, with our Upgrade Your Horizon offer, you can enjoy a FREE 2-Category Suite Upgrade and Reduced Deposits on any† Regent voyage when booked by February 28, 2021. Our Upgrade Your Horizon offer is combinable with the Price Match offer above. Click here for more details.

Regent Reassurance

Additionally, we have extended our Regent Reassurance policy for bookings made by February 28, 2021 on voyages departing through October 31, 2021. Guests who have paid in full may cancel up to 15 days prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. Click here for more details.

**Government taxes and fees, trip insurance purchased through Regent, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded.  If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. We continue to partner with global and domestic authorities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to chart a path forward. 

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty as we manage through this evolving situation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

29 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

we’ll honor the lower price you paid for your suite on your current booking, pending space availability.

This is the same wording as what I was offered for moving a cancelled cruise to a later date; be aware that this converts your cash payment into FCC.  

Doesn't it bode well that only one month was cancelled as opposed to the last round of cancellations, which were January, February and March?  I'm choosing to be optimistic about our December 2021 cruise, if only because I need a cruise to look forward to.

• Like 1

Knew it was inevitable that April 6, 2021 Tokyo cruise was going to be cancelled.  Still, it's disappointing. We booked this cruise in 2018 when it first went on sale. After all the waiting, pre-cruise plans, preparation, choosing excursions, booking flights, and now having to do it all over again....but we want to do this cruise so are moving to an almost identical itineary in 2023.  Luckily was able to redeposit the "miles" back in Frequent Flyer Accounts so miles will be there when we are ready to book air again.  Next Regent cruise is in September, 2021. I hope that one is a go. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Carol From California said:

Knew it was inevitable that April 6, 2021 Tokyo cruise was going to be cancelled.  Still, it's disappointing. We booked this cruise in 2018 when it first went on sale. After all the waiting, pre-cruise plans, preparation, choosing excursions, booking flights, and now having to do it all over again....but we want to do this cruise so are moving to an almost identical itineary in 2023.  Luckily was able to redeposit the "miles" back in Frequent Flyer Accounts so miles will be there when we are ready to book air again.  Next Regent cruise is in September, 2021. I hope that one is a go. 

Join the club - we also booked this cruise back in early 2018 (was surprised it sold out within the 1st month), so as an insurance policy I booked the identical cruise for March/April 2023.

• Like 1

Well, I have a back to back May 31 - June 20 - Greek Isles, and I fear these are history. If they are, I wish they would go ahead and let me know so I can look ahead to move the money and get what I want. I had originally requested a refund from the 2020 cancellations but then changed my mind to a FCC (looks like a big mistake). Thought with the 25% , it was a great deal, and if Regent stays viable, it is good. I hate the worry and seeing all these new gray hairs. 🤭

Please Regent and Oceania, stay viable. 

On 1/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, ShropshireCritic said:

Agreed, just taken this approach with our Japan 2021 cruise just cancelled. 

Then another two more cruises just booked taking advantage of the 2 suite upgrade options

Which Japan cruise has been cancelled?  We're scheduled to take the one in September, 2021 from Vancouver to Tokyo.  I don't think it will happen; but I also don't think it has been cancelled.  Thanks

(Oops - I didn't see the post that says the April, 2021 cruise was cancelled.  Keep your fingers crossed regarding the September cruise.)

Edited by Joanandjoe

44 minutes ago, spindrift said:

Well, I have a back to back May 31 - June 20 - Greek Isles, and I fear these are history. If they are, I wish they would go ahead and let me know so I can look ahead to move the money and get what I want. I had originally requested a refund from the 2020 cancellations but then changed my mind to a FCC (looks like a big mistake). Thought with the 25% , it was a great deal, and if Regent stays viable, it is good. I hate the worry and seeing all these new gray hairs. 🤭

Please Regent and Oceania, stay viable. 

I think you will (just) be Ok with these dates Europe is considerable advanced with it's Vaccination

rollouts than the USA. Once we get into the warmer Easter period by which most of the +50's & vulnerable folk have been vaccinated in Europe then I think the positivity effect will change most peoples attitudes.🤔

11 hours ago, ShropshireCritic said:

Once we get into the warmer Easter period by which most of the +50's & vulnerable folk have been vaccinated in Europe

I love your optimism but don’t. believe that vaccinations will be that far advanced across Europe until the summer,

It is also unlikely that international  travel restrictions will start to be lifted or that ports will be open to passenger carrying cruise ships until well after Easter.

• Like 1

Hi All!  New to CC Boards but have 2 Regent cruises under our belts. The first was Explorer, Sept 2016 Barcelona to Rome (I know, right? Baptism by fire? Totally spoiled now!!)  the second was January 2020, Voyager, Sydney to Auckland.        Living in Asia, we see more than most with regard to Covid and the impact it has had on air travel and the cruise industry. Not optimistic for 2021, we just rebooked this July's Splendor cruise to next year.  Hoping for the best for all of us! 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 9:17 AM, johng75370 said:

This is the same wording as what I was offered for moving a cancelled cruise to a later date; be aware that this converts your cash payment into FCC.  

Please explain how it converts your cash payment into FCC.  My April, 2021 cruise was cancelled. I had paid the deposit on that cruise only (in 2018 when we booked it).  Is there a reason why we would not want to roll it over to a similar cruise in April, 2023? How does it convert our cash payment to FCC?