April 2021 Cancellations

mrlevin

They take the balance from the cancelled cruise, convert it to a FCC and apply it to the new cruise.

Please call your TA or Regent and get a reply via email...don't take my word for it....although I just verified this twice this week myself.

1 minute ago, Carol From California said:

I don't understand why it becomes a FCC.  Cash is cash, no?  What difference does it make? 

It's not cash after it hits the account - then it is a credit balance. It can go back to cash if returned to you.....or it can go to a new cruise as a FCC. The is the ONLY way a new FCC can be created for a cancelled cruise effective this week.

2 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

Please explain how it converts your cash payment into FCC. 

Hi Carol - 

I’m not sure how it works for deposits, but in our case it was paid in full when it was cancelled.  We got rebooked on a later cruise, and instead of what we had before (a paid in cash booking that could be cancelled and refunded), the booking we were transferred to became “paid in FCC” and therefore not refundable as cash.  Hope that clarifies. 

12 hours ago, Carol From California said:

Please explain how it converts your cash payment into FCC.  My April, 2021 cruise was cancelled. I had paid the deposit on that cruise only (in 2018 when we booked it).  Is there a reason why we would not want to roll it over to a similar cruise in April, 2023? How does it convert our cash payment to FCC?  

You should check.  Since it's a deposit, and you want to just roll it over, it may be still refundable.  But definitely ask the question.