Oceania cruises cancelled for April

GICNJC

Sorry everyone, my opinion was of sailing from the USA.  Europe, China, Japan, Singapore will probably start up months before we will.  I'm just curious.  When we embark from the USA for a r/t cruise and the ship is registered in, say, Panama, do all the rules and laws of Panama applies to our ship when we are on the high seas?   If not, what does?

On 1/19/2021 at 5:59 AM, GICNJC said:

According to filing this morning with SEC Oceania has cancelled cruises for April.   I now am near 99% there will be no cruises before July and 80% before December. 

I think that July will be the new start date   because you have t0 wait 4-6 weeks for the vaccine  to take  full effect....    Thats my best guess  based on what is happening and the incompetent management or lack of it giving the shots...  I dont see people getting shots before the end of MAY.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:15 AM, pinotlover said:

Our November Nautica cruise is entirely waitlisted. Full payment date is due in June. If they’re not sailing by then, we’re canceling. I’m guessing most will do the same before forking out more money.

How much money, for how long, do they have left?

I have to agree with your time line    

On 1/19/2021 at 8:15 AM, pinotlover said:

Our November Nautica cruise is entirely waitlisted. Full payment date is due in June. If they’re not sailing by then, we’re canceling. I’m guessing most will do the same before forking out more money.

How much money, for how long, do they have left?

They have plenty of money so do not worry about NCL..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

@Flatbush Flyer The Travel Advisory is a bit unclear this time. I have checked with Oceania and it should be:

Paid by cash (deposit only) >>> refund the deposit by cash

Paid by cash (full payment) >>> refund full amount by cash

Paid by FCC >>> FCC will be reissued

Paid by a combination of cash & FCC >>> cash will be refunded, FCC will be reissued

Therefore guests do not need to make a cash refund request this time. The refund will be processed automatically.

You may refer to the Travel Advisory of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Their policy is the same but it is written more clearly.

Which is exactly what I said in post #18.

One of my pet peeves about O is attention to website text in a variety of areas whenever a policy changes.  Often, the website ends up contradicting itself by lack of thorough editing or it omits language in one place that appears in another. 

• Like 1

I would not count out Med cruises in June just yet. Example; Riviera is currently in Genoa and unlikely to come back to the US just to do a TA. EU is already allowing 7 day cruises and even back to back 7 day cruises. June is 4 months away and vaccine distribution will be widespread by then. O has limited cabins and separated crew to one per berth. All must test negative before boarding. I remain optimistic .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I think that July will be the new start date   because you have t0 wait 4-6 weeks for the vaccine  to take  full effect....    Thats my best guess  based on what is happening and the incompetent management or lack of it giving the shots...  I dont see people getting shots before the end of MAY.

Dan; many of us are already getting our shots. Get out of the People's Republic of California.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Dan; many of us are already getting our shots. Get out of the People's Republic of California.

You are so right.  Florida is doing a pretty good job of giving the shots.  If we could get more vaccine it would be still better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RJB said:

You are so right.  Florida is doing a pretty good job of giving the shots.  If we could get more vaccine it would be still better. 

KY doesn’t have an issue administering the shots, it’s purely an issue of getting the vaccines from the producers via the federal government. It’s all on allocations established by the government. 

We need to get more vaccines CDC approved as quickly as possible. Hope the J&J Phase 3 trials goes smoothly! 

It is not only vacinated individuals in US that have to be considered, as passengers from other countries especially Canadians,  Australians, UK, which account for the most of Oceania's  passengers.  The target for 60% of Canadians vaccinated  is Sepember.  Then we have to consider the country ports rules we are to visit.  Then, with the exception of Nautica, (which normally does not enter US waters), the rest of the fleet has to follow CDC directives which will take a minimum of 75 days to receive  a green pass. Just Information from my view point to help you plan.

• Like 1

Just saw on the Celebrity forum that the CDC has extended their no-sail order until end of September.

My cruise is not until November on the Sirena.  I wonder if Oceania will use Bridgetown as a home base for some of their Caribbean cruises like Royal Caribbean.  

I didn’t miss it by much. I predicted that Fauci would work with the CDC to shut down the cruise industry in the US by the 21st. He waited until the 22nd.

The cruise industry can now effectively ignore the CDC and work with other nations, that want tourism dollars, to develop successful protocols so to bring back the cruise industry. 

Oceania is wasting money parking the Regatta in OR. If contractually possible they should look to move it somewhere less expensive for cold storage.

Remember, Fauci doesn’t care about economic consequences, not his purview. Biden just drove the stake through the heart of thousands of Americans this coming summer whose livelihood depends upon the cruise industry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deadzone1003 said:

Just saw on the Celebrity forum that the CDC has extended their no-sail order until end of September.

My cruise is not until November on the Sirena.  I wonder if Oceania will use Bridgetown as a home base for some of their Caribbean cruises like Royal Caribbean.  

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I didn’t miss it by much. I predicted that Fauci would work with the CDC to shut down the cruise industry in the US by the 21st. He waited until the 22nd.

The cruise industry can now effectively ignore the CDC and work with other nations, that want tourism dollars, to develop successful protocols so to bring back the cruise industry. 

Oceania is wasting money parking the Regatta in OR. If contractually possible they should look to move it somewhere less expensive for cold storage.

Remember, Fauci doesn’t care about economic consequences, not his purview. Biden just drove the stake through the heart of thousands of Americans this coming summer whose livelihood depends upon the cruise industry.

No! The poster on the Celebrity board is mistaken . They took information from the State Department website about the new testing and quarantine requirements for those entering the US and the web page also had a link to the CDC No Sail Order that extended the order through September 2020. False alarm caused by poor web page design and a person who didn't read the link to see  what it actually said.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

No! The poster on the Celebrity board is mistaken . They took information from the State Department website about the new testing and quarantine requirements for those entering the US and the web page also had a link to the CDC No Sail Order that extended the order through September 2020. False alarm caused by poor web page design and a person who didn't read the link to see  what it actually said.

My apologies for my error.  

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Biden said today that nothing can change the trajectory for 2 months? What the heck, I thought he was going to be the savior for all 😉.  C'mon man

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Actually if you look at the seven day average of new cases it has been coming down rather quickly for a little while now.  With over 1,000,000 vaccinations a day and post holiday surge past its peak; time for the good news to actually be reported.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Actually if you look at the seven day average of new cases it has been coming down rather quickly for a little while now.  With over 1,000,000 vaccinations a day and post holiday surge past its peak; time for the good news to actually be reported.

1,000,000 vaccinations a day.... where and when does this start? 

1 hour ago, deadzone1003 said:

I know I deserve it.  Gee, you do have a sense of humor.  

My wife used  call me "Mr. Entertainment" because I always had  funny things to say. But I've always had more than a little touch of curmudgeon in me, and I don't suffer fools gladly.

6 hours ago, njhorseman said:

My wife used  call me "Mr. Entertainment" because I always had  funny things to say. But I've always had more than a little touch of curmudgeon in me, and I don't suffer fools gladly.

Not that any of us have noticed......🤣

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

1,000,000 vaccinations a day.... where and when does this start? 

Is this intended as a political comment? Apparently it has already started here.

This week the trend is continuing to increase. If you ignore the holiday weekend, the trailing 3 day number for the USA is 1,130,000/day as of today. 

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/cumulative-covid-vaccinations?tab=chart&stackMode=absolute&country=~USA&region=World

If you take an optimistic view, the trend will continue to climb especially with additional vaccines being approved as well as the structure to deliver vaccine being improved over time.

If you take a pessimistic view, you can believe that the supply is not going to be adequate. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Biden said today that nothing can change the trajectory for 2 months? What the heck, I thought he was going to be the savior for all 😉.  C'mon man

+ 1

• Like 1