Oceania cruises cancelled for April

GICNJC

17 hours ago, njhorseman said:

No, Biden was the first to arrive at the party . He made the 100 million vaccinations in 100 days promise at a press conference on December 8, 2020, three days before the first vaccine (Pfizer's) was even approved:

https://khn.org/news/article/bidens-covid-challenge-100-million-vaccinations-in-the-first-100-days-it-wont-be-easy/

“This team will help get … at least 100 million covid vaccine shots into the arms of the American people in the first 100 days,” Biden said during a Dec. 8 news conference introducing key members of his health team."

Nope. Biden made a campaign statement that he would "do better". Meanwhile, shots were already ramping up and we have now hit 1MM per day given. Biden had nothing to do with it as he was not President on December 8.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Nope. Biden made a campaign statement that he would "do better". Meanwhile, shots were already ramping up and we have now hit 1MM per day given. Biden had nothing to do with it as he was not President on December 8.

Well...can you produce a link to this "campaign statement"? Remember that the campaign ended on Nov. 2 as the election took place on Nov 3. I was able to produce a link to the Dec. 8 statement.

And...better than what??? The Pfizer vaccine wasn't even submitted to the FDA until Nov. 20, over two weeks after the election.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Well...can you produce a link to this "campaign statement"? Remember that the campaign ended on Nov. 2 as the election took place on Nov 3. I was able to produce a link to the Dec. 8 statement.

And...better than what??? The Pfizer vaccine wasn't even submitted to the FDA until Nov. 20, over two weeks after the election.

I think you have confused the issue.You were the one that stated Biden made the statement on December 8. I pointed out that he was not President then nor were any of his staff or designated appointees officially in a position of power. I believe you were attempting to state that it was Biden who got us to 1MM shots per day and that is simply not possible. All the work previously done under Operation  Warp Speed got us to this goal. It is now up Biden to make sure it continues. Your "better than what" comment makes no sense to me. I made no such statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1