Azamara sold

We are going to cancel but had plans to before this happened. We are due to do the Black Sea cruise in June and we are sure we can’t travel from here. We cancelled our flights only yesterday before this announcement. So sad as booked onboard at a great price for a suite. 

11 minutes ago, benjoon said:

We are going to cancel but had plans to before this happened. We are due to do the Black Sea cruise in June and we are sure we can’t travel from here. We cancelled our flights only yesterday before this announcement. So sad as booked onboard at a great price for a suite. 

I agree that there is no way you will be able to go on a European cruise in June 2021.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

If I had a booking I would cancel,you don’t know what the new company will be like.

No way will the new Azamara owners survive, they have a history of financial problems.

We cruised with Azamara but preferred Oceania mainly because we preferred the larger rooms and bathrooms and thought the food was better.

Both are/were popular with loyal followings.

No doubt there will be new products being offered with all the lines to meet a post Covid world.

People find unpack once an attractive option, cruising will change as all travel products do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Perhaps they're looking for a tax write off?

Perhaps, I just perused the Azamara board on CC. Quite a few people with future Azamara bookings have cancelled or are about to, they are not happy with ownership changes and nervous re their booking dollars.  That would put the new owners in a precarious position.

Edited by NSWP

Really sympathise with everyone with future cruise credits on any cruise line.

For some they may never get the opportunity to travel because of many factors, age, health and the indefinite mandatory travel bans. 

The uncertainty means loss of confidence in booking future travel .

We are getting emails with travel offers for future cruises which must be annoying for people who have paid thousands and still cannot travel and no end in sight.

Some may have a lot of loyalty points too that may now be worthless as happened when Ansett and other airlines went bust. 

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Read the CC article on line yesterday, I suppose our future cruise may be cancelled. So far it is only a deposit.

Is that Azamara Journey - West Africa, Nov 22?   I thought the new owner was maintaining the future schedules?  Is the new owner of the Azamara trio keeping the Azamara brand name?

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is that Azamara Journey - West Africa, Nov 22?   I thought the new owner was maintaining the future schedules?  Is the new owner of the Azamara trio keeping the Azamara brand name?

Yes, that is the cruise.

I don't know what will happen with future cruises or brand names, I am not that worried about it, not yet anyway.

The word is that Pacific Princess has been purchased by Sycamore Group, the mob that purchased the Azamara trio and the Line.

Azamra Pacific sounds good for PP.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Pretty sure she won't be named that, with ships already named Quest, Journey and Pursuit, it is more likely to be  Azamara Voyage, Adventure, Trek or Crusade

Azamara Marathon, Azamara Sprint.

with the number of pax cancelling their cruises, in particular, the Americans, they need to  market their product solidly and offer deals or they will  be down the gurgler.

Azamara was never a cheap product anyway.

Edited by NSWP

Azamara is not a cheap line, as has been mentioned, however their refurbished ships are lovely, and if you can find a reasonably priced deal, you will probably find the on board experience, including all the things that you usually have to pay extra for, quite good value for money.

I enjoy other cruise lines such as Holland America and Princess, however on the few occasions I have taken an Azamara cruise, I have really enjoyed the special attention and the great atmosphere and personalised  service on board. 

Royal Caribbean have neglected the line in recent years, concentrating on newbuilds for RCL and Celebrity, so perhaps the new owners will concentrate on improving the Azamara product, and adding value to the line before they pass it on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

If they send 2 ships to Australia they would be be leaving port full every cruise .They are the perfect size for East Coast and Top End  cruising.

I loved my cruises with Azamara and Ocean Princess, so would love to cruise in Australia on new line.

What happens to Captains and

Staff who were brilliant?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I loved my cruises with Azamara and Ocean Princess, so would love to cruise in Australia on new line.

What happens to Captains and

Staff who were brilliant?

Dole queue or ferry captains.