All my booked cruises are now showing this?

Topdog52

On 1/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, Topdog52 said:

1108484975_CRUISEISONHOLD.thumb.png.06dfa026b115d1dd8d873883209a647f.png

Have you got anything more? This means that your payment has been removed from the reservation prior to NCL cancelling and deleting the reservation. 

I had one. And got the cancellation letter about 5 days later. 
29D2A7F0-32E3-4D5D-AC24-F11927E7CB03.thumb.jpeg.e1275e0ee74832ea789f74fedfd138ea.jpeg

15 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Alaska getting canceled?

image.thumb.png.26902de74e98213589aa2b9231743eb6.png

Royal cancelled their Alaska season for the Quantum of the Seas yesterday (we got the sad cancellation letter in email). Fortunately, RCCL allows you to lift and shift to the same week in 2022,,, so we did to avoid the grossly inflated 2022 prices. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Have you got anything more? This means that your payment has been removed from the reservation prior to NCL cancelling and deleting the reservation. 

29D2A7F0-32E3-4D5D-AC24-F11927E7CB03.thumb.jpeg.e1275e0ee74832ea789f74fedfd138ea.jpeg

It CAN mean that but in this case there is a system issue causing numerous cruises to go to this status.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

That is what I am afraid of because this has also happened to me before. Although I have the same message for a cruise in May or 2022. After 3 days with this message I am thinking it is not a IT glitch anymore and something is about to happen. One thing for sure is it is not just cruises going to Canada and Alaska as many have the same message and they are going to many different places.

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Not any more (“make a payment”). Usually means money has been transferred off reservation so they can cancel it. 

Thanks Bird for all your great advice and knowledge, let’s hope all is well for cruises in the future.

I've had this message for a few days now. I'll wait to see if its just a glitch or a more ominous sign of things to come (cruise is Europe in July 2022). However, if cancelled I'll take the refund and end cruising for quite some time (until they can show they can re-establish a schedule that actually is working). Last cruise was in 2018 and a 4 year wait is long enough. A cruise with a different line and different itinerary was cancelled in 2020. If cancelled I'll use my money for a land vacation. Hoping its a go for 2022 as this was going to be my first time on NCL. 

Edited by Bramcruiser

Since all four of my booked cruises (Oct 2021 to Dec 2022) now show that banner, I have to hope this is just a computer glitch.  

I noticed this message 2 days ago for our Jan 2022 cruise.  On the same day we received an email from NCL saying they were changing one of our ports from GSC to Nassau. 

It would be strange if they were notifying us of this port change one year out for a cruise they were going to cancel....wouldn't it🤔

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Since all four of my booked cruises (Oct 2021 to Dec 2022) now show that banner, I have to hope this is just a computer glitch.  

🤔

I have to assume that it is.  Unless they're closing up shop and want to be able to sell their assets unencumbered by customers and bookings, there's no advantage to them cancelling cruises two years ahead of sailing.  (And not just one or two cruises either, but seemingly all of them.  They've put these signs on a variety of 2022 cruises in multiple regions and for multiple ships).

And if they were trying to do that?  They wouldn't still be open for booking - that's just going to cause more paperwork and headaches.

All signs are pointing to a computer error, I feel.

My wife and I have had a total of 12 cruises cancelled this year because of the pandemic, so I have seen this same message several times since last Spring.  Each time it came as a prelude to a formal announcement that the cruise was being cancelled.  It could be "just a computer glitch," but don't count on that.  It seems to occur when the cruise is suspended by NCL and they are in the process of transferring your payments into refunds or FCC.  During that time their billing system sees the reservation as requiring payment, but since the cruise has been cancelled, no further payment can be applied.  It can come up either if you have paid in full or have just put down a deposit.  Sorry to say, but it looks like you won't be sailing on that cruise.  Keep checking for an email announcement from NCL of the cruise cancellation.

41 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

My wife and I have had a total of 12 cruises cancelled this year because of the pandemic, so I have seen this same message several times since last Spring.  Each time it came as a prelude to a formal announcement that the cruise was being cancelled.  It could be "just a computer glitch," but don't count on that.  It seems to occur when the cruise is suspended by NCL and they are in the process of transferring your payments into refunds or FCC.  During that time their billing system sees the reservation as requiring payment, but since the cruise has been cancelled, no further payment can be applied.  It can come up either if you have paid in full or have just put down a deposit.  Sorry to say, but it looks like you won't be sailing on that cruise.  Keep checking for an email announcement from NCL of the cruise cancellation.

Ok.....let's look at this in reverse.   Dozens of us are reporting seeing this banner on  our booked cruises for multiple dates and ships.

Is there anybody reading this thread that has a NCL cruise booked and does not have the 'your cruise is on hold banner? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Is there anybody reading this thread that has a NCL cruise booked and does not have the 'your cruise is on hold banner? 

I don't have it on our Feb. 2022 Bliss Panama Canal Cruise.  

We have it on 2 others, May 2021 and Eastern Caribbean 1/22.  Ironically, both of these do  go to GSC.

The message is on our November 2022 cruise in Japan but not on our Dubai to Singapore cruise in November 2021. Also the balance for our November 2022 cruise has changed looks like the cruise next certificate payments we used have been removed . 

1 hour ago, pbenjamin said:

I don't see that banner on our 10/1/21 Canada/New England cruise on the Gem.  

1 hour ago, nhtravels said:

We have it on 2 others, May 2021 and Eastern Caribbean 1/22.  Ironically, both of these do  go to GSC.

23 minutes ago, Phildel said:

The message is on our November 2022 cruise in Japan but not on our Dubai to Singapore cruise in November 2021. Also the balance for our November 2022 cruise has changed looks like the cruise next certificate payments we used have been removed . 

Have you looked at the other screens on the scrolling banner? It appears on the second screen on two of my cruises and the first page on the other two

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Have you looked at the other screens on the scrolling banner? It appears on the second screen on two of my cruises and the first page on the other two

Just checked and it does show on the second screen . The balance is also wrong looks like the deposit we paid has been removed 

I also noticed the same notification when I logged into myncl yesterday and am still seeing the message this morning.

My cruise is a run-of-the-mill Caribbean 7 nights on the Joy for early December 2021.

As we are a family of six, we have two cabins booked under two different latitudes profiles and they are both showing the same message.

Wondering if payment method made a difference to seeing this message or not?

In our case, both cabins were booked with CruiseNext certificates. 

Edited by JillK

10 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

I don't see it anywhere.  The only thing that superimposes itself is the "you deserve an upgrade" sales pitch.

13 hours ago, nhtravels said:

Are you on the Feb. 4th sailing Bliss Panama Canal Cruise?  I am on this cruise and my reservation is showing this banner notice. I did contact my PCC on Friday to inquiry, he stated that it is a system glitch that happened when NCL cancelled all sailings thru April but instead of showing just on the April sailings the system kicked the message to most sailings fleet wide.