Pacific Princess Sold - One less cruise line sailing from Tahiti

Mercruiser

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

I just got a cancellation notice from my TA indicating that Princess has cancelled my Jan 2022 cruise from Tahiti. The reason is that they sold Pacific Princess, one of the R-Class ships.

The unfortunate part of this is that Princess was one of the most budget-friendly options for a FP cruise. It looks like Ponant and Windstar are charging $500 to $700 per person per night. That's too rich for my budget.

3 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

I just got a cancellation notice from my TA indicating that Princess has cancelled my Jan 2022 cruise from Tahiti. The reason is that they sold Pacific Princess, one of the R-Class ships.

The unfortunate part of this is that Princess was one of the most budget-friendly options for a FP cruise. It looks like Ponant and Windstar are charging $500 to $700 per person per night. That's too rich for my budget.

$550 per night including transfers, airfare from LAX, tips, bar tab is a great price 😉

Available most of January/February 2022

Example

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

@Mercruiser

You've just had rotten luck with Tahiti cruising! I'm so sorry about PP 😞

A few thoughts....this one's still pricey but for what it offers it's pretty good. A 12 day Oceania Tahiti in a concierge veranda guarantee (all that's left) for $5549pp 3/25/22. $462pp/nite. Still pricey but you have a chance of being upgraded to a suite. March is a little preferable to January too as far as chances for good weather. You could waitlist an inside for $2999 but very doubtful it would clear.

Then there are two with much better pricing on Windstar. One for $2599 7 day 12/30/21. $371pp/nite. It's not on Spirit but Star Breeze which has just been stretched and retrofitted- 300 passengers.

Then a humdinger a 20 day Tahiti-San Diego cruise on Star Breeze 3/31/22 for $3699. It does all the usual WS ports, Moorea, Raiatea, Motu Mahaea (Tahaa), 2 days Bora Bora, Huahine,  and transpacific San Diego. I really like this one especially the price of $185pp/nite! Transpacifics are the perfect combo of activity and relaxation.

You deserve a break for all you've been through with trying to get there. You are so helpful on this forum with all the info you provide. I hope one of these rings your chimes and is a friendly price point.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mercruiser

One more idea. Norwegian Spirit does a 12 day Hawaii and Tahiti from May 19, 2022- Nov. 26, 2022. Does Papeete, Bora Bora, Moorea, Raiatea....and the Big Island, Kauai, Maui and Honolulu. Not a fan of the big ships and you're probably not either but it gets you there. And is so cheap. An inside $1374pp ($114/day!) or a balcony $2865 pp($238/day) including port charges. You can pay about $300pp extra and get their-"freebies" the 3 specialty dinners, beverage package and a shore excursion.

The itinerary is great- no overnite in BB but there from 8am-8pm, equally long in Moorea and even an overnite in Kauai. We're already booked on two other Tahiti cruises or I might jump at this it's so cheap. It's not Wind Spirit, PG or Pacific Princess but 12 days Hawaii-Tahiti at these prices is hard to turn away from.

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/12-day-south-pacific-from-papeete-to-honolulu-bora-bora-kauai-and-maui-SPIRIT12PPTMOZBRBRAIITONWKOGGHNL?destinations=4294960042&embarkationport=4294953411,4294940523&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=SPIRIT12PPTMOZBRBRAIITONWKOGGHNL