Riviera Vista Suites - any preference?

chloemonkey

We keep rescheduling these cruises....and are now working on 2022 options.  Do you experts have opinions on which Vista Suites on the Riviera are better and if so, why?  This is our first Oceania cruise....although we had THREE booked before Covid....trying to get back to cruising....fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

We keep rescheduling these cruises....and are now working on 2022 options.  Do you experts have opinions on which Vista Suites on the Riviera are better and if so, why?  This is our first Oceania cruise....although we had THREE booked before Covid....trying to get back to cruising....fingers crossed!

No Vista suites are good.  Book an Oceania suite.  Vista's on front of ship are no good on sea days.  Too windy.   Love the Oceania suites. 

1 hour ago, RJB said:

No Vista suites are good.  Book an Oceania suite.  Vista's on front of ship are no good on sea days.  Too windy.   Love the Oceania suites. 

I appreciate your input....but this is 12 days in the Caribbean with 10 of them in port.....and we have enjoyed many forward facing suites in the past on other lines.  My question was just with regards to any particular Vista Suites that may be better in terms of particular Deck, etc.....

The Oceania Suites DO look nice.....but I am trying to convince myself that I WILL take advantage of that private workout room! lol.....

Still would love opinions on Vista Suites on the Riviera....

We have been in 9001 and 10001 and liked them both.  (I too tend to prefer the Oceania Suites but that doesn't mean I am averse to the Vista Suites -- unlike many others here, we were never bothered by wind on the deck.)

I visited 8003 (I think that was the number) and didn't care for the layout.  You enter from the side of the aisle rather than the front, which may be the reason.

One problem that we encountered (especially in 10001 because it's directly under the bridge) was making sure no light comes out of the stateroom at night.  We got a call from the bridge one night asking us to turn off the lights on the deck.  Actually, none were on out there ... but when the cabin steward turned down the bed while we were at dinner that night, somehow the curtains were left with a small opening.  But that was enough to bother visibility from the bridge.

Mura

• Like 1

Deck 12 all the way - a truly massive veranda, and one of the larger Vistas in terms of interior space.  I'm not keen on Oceania suites as I find them dark, the media room is too narrow & the bathroom is a little dull compared to the Vista.  I only ever book deck 12 Vistas or PHs...  Each to their own!

Edited by LaCroisiereS'amuse

On 1/23/2021 at 6:40 PM, kitty9 said:

We’ve been in Vista Suites on every deck and we really, really like the ones on Deck 12.  

Thanks so much!  I am being told that there are none available on Deck 12 at the moment.....but who knows?  Very hard to get accurate info these days.....but I too feel that #12 would be our "best" bet!  Thankfully we have time to cancel before penalties, etc.....

Again, I would still love to hear from any of you with varying opinions!  

The only time we ever had an Owner's Suite (on Regatta) it was a very last minute cancellation which our TA jumped on since I'd let him know we were interested.  So you never know ...

Another vote for deck 12.  I have been in 9001, 10001, and 12001.  12001 was my favorite.  Another point to consider for the lower deck vista's is the window washing for the bridge.  When they clean their windows, you get drenched if you are on the balcony.  It happened to us twice in February 2020. 

Deck 12 is above the bridge.  You actually get an extension of your balcony over the portion of the bridge that extends out.  It's really cool. 

And we never had problems with the wind.  We used the balcony on sea days every cruise.  I think we were outside more than inside if you take out time for actual sleeping.

If there was a day we couldn't use the balcony due to high winds, the entire ship couldn't use their balconies either.  This was just my experience, but that has been consistent for all of the cruises where we have enjoyed a vista suite. 

We have been in the Oceania suites as well.  They are amazing too, but nothing beats being up front with the full view coming into port.  It was especially cool on island itineraries - we had 12001 in French Polynesia.  I would say that 12000 and 12001 are the best suites on the entire ship for that itinerary. 

Ask to be put on the waitlist for deck 12. 

And if I want a particular cabin, I go into the website and do a fake booking everyday until I see the cabin I want pop up.  There are only two vista suites on deck 12, but chances are that one of those groups will cancel.  You just have to be there to see it when it happens - and jump in it immediately. 

We loved the Vista suite on deck 12, 12001, in the Caribbean.  Being above the bridge was great.  It was so convenient to get to the pool, Waves and the Terrace Cafe.  I loved it!  It was huge! The wind was not a problem in the Caribbean. 

You all are amazing!  I will continue to "stalk" the site and hope that one of the Vista Suites open on Deck 12.  And I considered the Owner's Suite....but think that the salon/piano area is a waste for us.,...as we do NOT entertain OR play the piano....and I didn't like the fact that the living room was so disconnected to the bedroom....also LOVE the idea of our own workout room which is part of the Vista option.....(NOT that we ever have worked out much at ALL on cruises!...but maybe if it is in our own stateroom?  One can only hope.....lol!)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/29/2021 at 8:56 AM, delee78 said:

Another vote for deck 12.  I have been in 9001, 10001, and 12001.  12001 was my favorite.  Another point to consider for the lower deck vista's is the window washing for the bridge.  When they clean their windows, you get drenched if you are on the balcony.  It happened to us twice in February 2020. 

Deck 12 is above the bridge.  You actually get an extension of your balcony over the portion of the bridge that extends out.  It's really cool. 

And we never had problems with the wind.  We used the balcony on sea days every cruise.  I think we were outside more than inside if you take out time for actual sleeping.

If there was a day we couldn't use the balcony due to high winds, the entire ship couldn't use their balconies either.  This was just my experience, but that has been consistent for all of the cruises where we have enjoyed a vista suite. 

We have been in the Oceania suites as well.  They are amazing too, but nothing beats being up front with the full view coming into port.  It was especially cool on island itineraries - we had 12001 in French Polynesia.  I would say that 12000 and 12001 are the best suites on the entire ship for that itinerary. 

@delee78 I know you wrote this a long time ago.  I am THRILL to be on the Oceania Riviera November 2023 10-day Mediterranean voyage in Vista Suite 12001.  Your information was very helpful.  My I assume you where in the Vista Suite after they renovated it back then?  Also, and this is a long shot, do you know if during the recent dry dock and renovations, if the Vista Suites were renovated again?

Any information would be helpful and great post above.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

4 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@delee78 I know you wrote this a long time ago.  I am THRILL to be on the Oceania Riviera November 2023 10-day Mediterranean voyage in Vista Suite 12001.  Your information was very helpful.  My I assume you where in the Vista Suite after they renovated it back then?  Also, and this is a long shot, do you know if during the recent dry dock and renovations, if the Vista Suites were renovated again?

Any information would be helpful and great post above.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

They were....but we were hard pressed to find many differences.  New carpet was the only noticeable feature that we noticed.  There may have been more?  But again.....nothing new in the bathrooms (they are already pretty nice!) and the layout is exactly the same.  I "think" that the desk may have been a bit different?  As I remember my husband complaining about something.....but who would notice a desk being changed???  HE would as he still works/studies nonstop - even on a cruise! lol

• Thanks 1

We had a Vista Suite on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise (I think it was 9001 but I don't really remember).  An Owners Suite on a trans-Atlantic, and an Oceania Suite on a Caribbean cruise.  All of them on Riviera.

I would book the Vista suite again in a flash on a port intensive cruise.  Owners Suite again if it were not port intensive.  Oceania Suite - probably not.  The suite is lovely BUT the balcony is narrow.  And from what I hear and see the ones on 12 have smaller suites and larger balconies.  I want both!  (greedy I know!!). 

In fact we are booked in a Vista suite (9000) on the new Vista.  For a port intensive Mediterranean cruise in April.  (More or less have to stick to the Med. these days because of our age and aversion to long flights.  We prefer trains...)

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hambagahle said:

We had a Vista Suite on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise (I think it was 9001 but I don't really remember).  An Owners Suite on a trans-Atlantic, and an Oceania Suite on a Caribbean cruise.  All of them on Riviera.

I would book the Vista suite again in a flash on a port intensive cruise.  Owners Suite again if it were not port intensive.  Oceania Suite - probably not.  The suite is lovely BUT the balcony is narrow.  And from what I hear and see the ones on 12 have smaller suites and larger balconies.  I want both!  (greedy I know!!). 

In fact we are booked in a Vista suite (9000) on the new Vista.  For a port intensive Mediterranean cruise in April.  (More or less have to stick to the Med. these days because of our age and aversion to long flights.  We prefer trains...)

Only downside for the Vista Suites on the "Vista" is that I do NOT see a jacuzzi on the balcony....something that we have enjoyed tremendously.....hope that I am just missing it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Only downside for the Vista Suites on the "Vista" is that I do NOT see a jacuzzi on the balcony....something that we have enjoyed tremendously.....hope that I am just missing it?

I don't think so.  I do not think there is one on the balcony on the Vista.  Frankly I personally am just as glad - we had one on the balcony of the Owners Suite and the Vista suite and never used either one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I don't think so.  I do not think there is one on the balcony on the Vista.  Frankly I personally am just as glad - we had one on the balcony of the Owners Suite and the Vista suite and never used either one.

When Frank Del Rio, Sr. was our 'guest' at the Vista Founder's cruise Meet & Greet, he spoke to us for pretty much the whole time.  He was affable but very clear:  Tubs, jacuzzis (whatever they're called) on the balconies of the top suites are a no-go.  They're often not used but also costly to clean and maintain.  So, voila.  None on the new Vista (nor, I would guess, on any future Allura class ship).

If you were there -- or weren't -- I'm paraphrasing, so don't get too picky with me. 😂

Linda

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CoolChile said:

When Frank Del Rio, Sr. was our 'guest' at the Vista Founder's cruise Meet & Greet, he spoke to us for pretty much the whole time.  He was affable but very clear:  Tubs, jacuzzis (whatever they're called) on the balconies of the top suites are a no-go.  They're often not used but also costly to clean and maintain.  So, voila.  None on the new Vista (nor, I would guess, on any future Allura class ship).

If you were there -- or weren't -- I'm paraphrasing, so don't get too picky with me. 😂

Linda

Thanks for the bad news.....and funny thing is that his WIFE was enjoying the jacuzzi on a recent trip as they were in the Vista Suite directly above....and she and I would "chat" about the weather and how we were enjoying the jacuzzi with COLD water due to the unseasonably hot weather.....we also chatted about my champagne usage....lol!  Seems I always had a glass in my hand when outside....

But they ARE showing their age on the Riviera at least......happily I will have at least two more chances to enjoy them in the coming year....

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, delee78 said:

About the extension over the Bridge "wings"... are there windows on all 3 sides so that you can see forward, sideways, *and* back down the side of the ship?

Or is it just the forward view from that area, like the rest of the forward view, with walls on the other 2 sides of the extension?

We had a suite over the Bridge like that quite a few years ago, and it was "all windows".  It was really special to be able to see all the way around and down the full side of the ship.

The Oceania Vista suites have always been sold out whenever we've looked for a cruise.  No, we haven't yet bothered with a waitlist... or trying to book at the very first reservation opportunity; it hasn't yet been that important because we are very happy with the Riviera PH, other than "no forward view"...

There are some regular cabins between a couple of the Vista suites; we just wish there were a couple of PH suites located there.  THAT would be just perfect for us!

Thanks.

GC

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CoolChile said:

Linda

No - I wasn't there.   All I can say is I think they are a waste of time and money.  (!)  The bath in the master bathroom of our suite on Riviera had a jacuzzi.  I never used it because I can't get in and out of a bathtub due to a back problem  and my husband doesn't take baths anyway.  (No!  he isn't dirty.  he grew up in America and took showers...).   On the other hand we love the bathroom(s) in the Vista suite.  His and hers.  (you can guess which "hers" is!!)

• Haha 1