FCC details

drvmywifecrzy

14 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Some earlier FCCs have already been extended the deadline from Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2021 to become Jun 2021. Note that this is the "book by date", while the "sail by date" is Dec 2022.

I guess NCL may offer another extension when it is closer to the deadline. Just wait until spring to see.

Really, where have you seen reports of FCC being extended? Or do you personally have FCCs that got extended?

Reason I ask is I have FCCs that have an use by date of April 1, 2021... With the rolling cancellations, I'd really like to see this extended, at least till they actually restart....

Would hate to book something which gets cancelled, resulting in the FCC automatically expiring.

4 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

Really, where have you seen reports of FCC being extended? Or do you personally have FCCs that got extended?

Reason I ask is I have FCCs that have an use by date of April 1, 2021... With the rolling cancellations, I'd really like to see this extended, at least till they actually restart....

Would hate to book something which gets cancelled, resulting in the FCC automatically expiring.

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I have some 4/1/21 FCC from our cruise that was cancelled last week. The “everything is extended” is inaccurate.

All the FCCs of me, my family and friends, are extended to 30th June automatically. I haven't made a request but NCL extended them automatically. This is also widely mentioned by many members on NCL Facebook groups.

NCL did not officially announce this. So I don't know if everybody experience the same, or if there is any reason behind that NCL only chooses certain guests.

• Like 1

My FCC originally had a March expiration, then I had a cruise paid with that FCC cancelled, and when it was returned, it had an expiration of 6/30/21.  So at least for me, it appears they extended the expiration, at least a little.

I wonder if it might be the cancellation of a cruise paid with FCC from a previous cancellation that triggers the extension?

13 hours ago, kaprin02 said:

My FCC originally had a March expiration, then I had a cruise paid with that FCC cancelled, and when it was returned, it had an expiration of 6/30/21.  So at least for me, it appears they extended the expiration, at least a little.

I wonder if it might be the cancellation of a cruise paid with FCC from a previous cancellation that triggers the extension?

I got my original FCCs from a May 2020 cruise that got cancelled.

Booked an October 2020 cruise with it, also got cancelled.

FCC still showing April 1, 2021 use by date.... 😞

3 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

I also have some FCC from a May 2020 cruise that got cancelled, and my FCC shows June 30, 2021 (I just checked by logging on to MyNCL).

10 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

Well, so much for that idea.  Sorry!

9 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I also have some FCC from a May 2020 cruise that got cancelled, and my FCC shows June 30, 2021 (I just checked by logging on to MyNCL).

Was it always June 30? Or was it originally something else, and got extended?

On 1/23/2021 at 3:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

I have some 4/1/21 FCC from our cruise that was cancelled last week. The “everything is extended” is inaccurate.

I think it is now safe to say "was inaccurate."  I inquired of NCL today regarding the effective dates of my FCC's inasmuch as on My Account page they showed validity dates beyond what I was informed of when they were issued last year.  According to this NCL source "effective dates of the future cruise credits were extended as of today."  No public announcement has yet been published according to him.  I'll be watching!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the formal notification confirming the informal word I posted about (#12) above.  Glad to see it as it allows me to reserve my FCC until the final payment date for my next booking later this year.  Final payment dates were also extended today for cruises through December 31, 2021.

My FCCs still show June30 expiration for booking. Anyway, are they good for anything except a cruise itself? I am unable to use all of mine because they seem not applicable to 1) down payment, 2) prepayment of tips, 3) shore excursions, or 4) cabin upgrade bids. Is there anything I can use the leftover credits for at the same time as final cruise payment? thanks...

8 minutes ago, dumbth said:

My FCCs still show June30 expiration for booking. Anyway, are they good for anything except a cruise itself? I am unable to use all of mine because they seem not applicable to 1) down payment, 2) prepayment of tips, 3) shore excursions, or 4) cabin upgrade bids. Is there anything I can use the leftover credits for at the same time as final cruise payment? thanks...

You asked:

What costs are included in the future cruise credit (FCC)?

The following will be applied to the FCC:

• Cruise fare and taxes
    • Including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments.
  • Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Flight arrangements booked through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Prepaid service charges
  • Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of Free At Sea (FAS) Promotion selection)
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection, if purchased.
    Booksafe Travel Protection will be issued as a separate additional FCC worth the value of the travel protection plan paid. This insurance FCC will be valid for one year from date of issuance and only applicable towards insurance for all published sailings through Dec 31, 2022.

Thanks ar2c, but as a practical matter there seems no way to pay FCC for such extras on the ncl site. They get put in cart where only credit cards seem accepted. However I just noticed fine print saying unusual payment forms can be negotiated using the toll free number.

Edited by dumbth