Article: "US Cruises Not Likely to Resume Until Fourth Quarter, or Early 2022"

Lee Cruiser

5 minutes ago, mouche said:

That's why we decided to rebook the Mardi Gras for late 2022, I had to get off the merry-go-round and book as far out as possible, I just pray it's far enough out.😵

I know the feeling, after another Mardi Gras cruise just got shelved went all the way to November 2022.  We will both be praying 😇.

10 minutes ago, mouche said:

That's why we decided to rebook the Mardi Gras for late 2022, I had to get off the merry-go-round and book as far out as possible, I just pray it's far enough out.😵

Our April 24 cruise on the Mardi Gras was just cancelled.  Our cruise this September on the Valor had already been cancelled.  We are considering doing our Mardi Gras cruise next April, but now are wondering if that is far enough out as well.

13 minutes ago, mouche said:

I still feel good about my Thanksgiving Mardi Gras cruise, but for the first time there is some doubt in my mind.

22 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I still feel good about my Thanksgiving Mardi Gras cruise, but for the first time there is some doubt in my mind.

We booked our Jan. 4, 2021 cruise back in April when they ran some good sales. Never imagined it would be at risk of cancellation. I remained confident for months that it would happen.

I'm not trying to start a political argument, but I've been saying for several months that I believed the election results would play a very big role in the return of cruising. One guy wanted to reopen the country, the other...well, here we are. I'm still choosing to be optimistic and hope they return by summer, but it's anybody's guess at this point.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

We booked our Jan. 4, 2021 cruise back in April when they ran some good sales. Never imagined it would be at risk of cancellation. I remained confident for months that it would happen.

I'm not trying to start a political argument, but I've been saying for several months that I believed the election results would play a very big role in the return of cruising. One guy wanted to reopen the country, the other...well, here we are. I'm still choosing to be optimistic and hope they return by summer, but it's anybody's guess at this point.

I think the vaccines coming out are actually the main reason they haven't made an attempt. They figured, might as well wait for the vaccine.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Here is what the other is trying to do---get to the root problem and get past the pandemic. One had no plan in place to distribute the vaccine; the other is trying to solve that problem by whatever means are necessary.

• Like 26
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

It's REALLY, REALLY quite simple. Manage the virus, life goes back to normal. Throw your hands up and just let things happen, life doesn't go back to normal.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamesatgsu said:

We are booked on Mardi Gras for July and I am 20/80 that we go and going down further. We already moved March cancel to Thanksgiving and I am starting to get less than 50/50 on that one.

• Like 1

After our RC Quantum Alaskan cruise was cancelled yesterday, I requested a refund. 

For the first time since about 2014, we have no cruises booked.  Never thought when we stepped off the Breeze in March of last year that we wouldn't be cruising again in July 2020 with the kids and grands.  Now, I really think it will be 2022 before things start back up, and we won't book till we see how "normal"  the cruises will be.  I would be willing to wear a mask, but if ship sponsored excursions are required, that's going to put things out of our price range.  We cruise cheaper so we can cruise more often, and staying onboard at ports doesn't appeal to us.

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I was with you.  Back last spring and summer, I never would have imagined it either.  In May, I was still optimistic about our September 2020 cruise.  When it got cancelled I never would have imagined that our April 2021 Mardi Gras cruise would end up being cancelled as well.  Now, not only that one, but also our September 2021 Valor cruise, which was cancelled late last year.  For the first time since we started cruising, we don't have a single cruise booked.  We usually have 2-3 booked for a couple of years out.  Up until last year we typically would take 2 cruises every year and one year it was three.  We want to book one for next April on the Mardi Gras, but this article doesn't help my feelings about that.

I am from SC and I see absolutely no one without a mask anywhere. You aren't allowed inside any building without a mask. Am I sick of it? Yes. Do I wear one. You bet I do. And I have never seen anyone without a mask. Not in any store or restaurant, unless you are at your table eating. People here are compliant and caring of others. I don't know where rs45 is from, but I live in a suburb of Charleston.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Seriously,  you are correct. The US has too many people who won't listen to reason or science.

The virus is real. Masks DO help contain the spread, and so does social distancing.

People need to stop whining and start behaving differently.  The Spanish Flu in 1918 went away in about 2 years because people listened to the experts. You want to cruise again?

Start listening to the people who know what they're talking about it. 

And it's not the politicians,  it's the scientists and the doctors we need to be listening to. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lidoplease said:

I am from SC and I see absolutely no one without a mask anywhere. You aren't allowed inside any building without a mask. Am I sick of it? Yes. Do I wear one. You bet I do. And I have never seen anyone without a mask. Not in any store or restaurant, unless you are at your table eating. People here are compliant and caring of others. I don't know where rs45 is from, but I live in a suburb of Charleston.

I live outside of Detroit.  People are idiots and I see them without masks all over the place.  Florida is RAMPANT with refusals to wear masks. 

Add that to the idiots who went to concerts and rallies and no wonder we've got 400,000 dead. 

Wear your mask. 

• Like 7

Since the virus is a problem all over the world, it's clear that wearing masks will not stop it.  As long as travel is occurring, the virus will continue to spread.  I think some people just don't understand that you can't lock down a virus with masks.  Anyway, since the US isn't the only country in the world experiencing the pandemic, then it's not the citizens who are the problem or the previous leader.  It's a virus.  Unless everyone stays at home for 14 days and nobody is allowed into the US, then the virus will continue to run its course.  Maybe after this pandemic, people will understand more about the spread of viruses and how lockdowns can only slow the spread.  Lockdowns and masks will not stop a virus that can go right through a mask.

California has some of the strictest lockdown and mask requirements in the country and yet it's a mess with the virus.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Since the virus is a problem all over the world, it's clear that wearing masks will not stop it.  As long as travel is occurring, the virus will continue to spread.  I think some people just don't understand that you can't lock down a virus with masks.  Anyway, since the US isn't the only country in the world experiencing the pandemic, then it's not the citizens who are the problem or the previous leader.  It's a virus.  Unless everyone stays at home for 14 days and nobody is allowed into the US, then the virus will continue to run its course.  Maybe after this pandemic, people will understand more about the spread of viruses and how lockdowns can only slow the spread.  Lockdowns and masks will not stop a virus that can go right through a mask.

California has some of the strictest lockdown and mask requirements in the country and yet it's a mess with the virus.

The CDC says otherwise. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

No one is saying it will stop the virus in its tracks but mask use has been shown to slow it and help prevent infection. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Why do you assume people will understand viruses when you certainly do not? Masks do help stop the spread. However, there are waaaaay too many people letting their guard down.

Holiday/family gatherings? Check. People going on vacation? Check. People protesting in the streets without face coverings? Check. 

Overcrowded hospitals filled with infected patients? Check.

These are the things that are causing it to continue to spread. The only countries that have managed to stop the virus in its track are those who care more about public health than themselves. I.e. in Taiwan, borders have been closed since March. Anyone who is allowed in must quarantine in an approved location alone for a full 14 days and it is monitored. Everyone is required to wear a mask in buildings and on public transit and everyone willingly does so. Now, they have pretty much no cases (and only 7 deaths since March) in the entire country because people did what they were told to do. Masks work.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lidoplease said:

I am from Lexington SC about 2 hours from you and non-mask wearing is prevalent here.  We have a mask mandate but no one enforces it.  As a state our numbers are high.  

I am glad that Charleston is compliant. Stay safe.

Edited by rs45thompson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1