Cruise price doubled

Markanddonna

Same happened here.  I noticed a great price this past Sunday on the Divina for the 14 night cruise leaving the day after Christmas.  Our group of friends that cruise together decided fast it was too good to pass up and in total we booked 5 cabins that night.  Monday morning we had others that wanted to book but the price was then almost double what it was Sunday night!  

we also thought we had a good deal on a cruise .

Booked early (April2020)  for Nov 2021 cruise. MSC moved us to another ship sailing 2 weeks later to different ports. No notice or email.  Roll call members noticed their cruise info was changed.

1 week later, the 15 day cruise back on MSC site.  Cruise fare now $2,000 more (YC).  Had MSC put us back to original date and ship but, they are charging us the increase in fare. They said it is now a new reservation. 

Hope you are able to keep your cruise intact.

8 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We booked a 14 day cruise for next January on the Divina in early January 2021. The price has doubled for the same category. Moral of the story: book when you see a great deal.  It may not last forever.

Especially if the deal comes with refundable deposit. What is there to hesitate?

14 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Especially if the deal comes with refundable deposit. What is there to hesitate?

We have three cruises booked from Nov 2021 to April 2022. We needed something to look forward to but will cancel if things don't get better.  One thing that would really turn me off is being forced onto ship excursions, especially in the Caribbean. I usually just want to walk around the ports and maybe stop at a beach. We have an eastern Med booked and I would be REALLY unhappy being forced onto a large bus and then following being part of a  hoarde following a paddle. I'm willing to do sensible things onboard the ship, but mandatory ship excursions is a deal breaker.