Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2021

barbpretz

It may seem like an odd time to start another Princess Cruise Secrets thread since no one is cruising currently.  However, I'm trying to stay optimistic and have just booked a 2022 cruise, so this could hopefully be relevant for many of us.  Please share your favorite secrets so that people who are new to Princess (or those who don't read older threads) won't miss out.

My favorite "secret" is still Refer-A-Friend.  Details can be found on the main Princess page at the bottom in small print under "Cruise Deals".  If you've never cruised Princess before, look into this before you book your cruise to get $25 on-board credit for yourself and whoever refers you. If you haven't been referred by anyone, consider giving the credit to a friend or to someone on Cruise Critic who has posted reviews you have found helpful.   If you have cruised Princess before but have friends or family members who are cruising Princess for the first time, consider looking into referring them before they book.

Here's hoping we will be cruising again soon!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, barbpretz said:

My favorite "secret" is still Refer-A-Friend.  Details can be found on the main Princess page at the bottom in small print under "Cruise Deals".  If you've never cruised Princess before, look into this before you book your cruise to get $25 on-board credit for yourself and whoever refers you.

On an "upcoming" cruise we have $75 OBC from a referral. One of my wife's nephews decided to give Princess a try last year and asked for a referral. A win for all of us. It's always unfortunate when someone wants a referral but has already booked their cruise.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, barbpretz said:

My favorite "secret" is still Refer-A-Friend.  Details can be found on the main Princess page at the bottom in small print under "Cruise Deals".  If you've never cruised Princess before, look into this before you book your cruise to get $25 on-board credit for yourself and whoever refers you.

Can your travel agent refer you and get you the OBC?

9 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

After you book a cruise, keep watching the price.  If it goes down you can refare and keep your same cabin, but at a lower price.  Same goes for EZair!

But not for those of us in the UK. Depending on the size of the fare decrease you could cancel your original booking,  forfeit your deposit, and rebook at the lower price. But you might not keep your original cabin. 

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Can your travel agent refer you and get you the OBC?

My understanding is that your travel agent can refer you so that you both get the referral credit.  Most travel agents probably know this - but it is always good to ask to make sure.

Anyone can order off the Kid's menu (available in main dining, specialty restaurants)  - the Volcano Sundae and Cruise Chips (ice cream and cookies, often assembled as an ice cream sandwich) are fantastic.

Carnival Corp Stockholders (own 100 shares or more) are eligible for OBC on Princess cruises, anywhere from $50-250 depending on length of cruise.

Military Veterans are eligible for OBC from Princess.

Princess allows you to "stack" OBC, you could have Stockholders, veterans, from TA, etc all on your booking.

Pub Lunch (serves anywhere from once to a couple times a cruise in a specialty venue) is free of charge..

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Love that they can be stacked.  On a 14-day cruise who fare was ~$750 including taxes, that $550 in OBC.  If you don't prepay the gratuities, you can use that OBC to pay them.

Just wish we had bought the shares at 17 rather than um, not going to embarrass myself ;-).

17 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Not an actual secret but something some may not realize.

On a B2B cruise you can bring on your allotted amount of bottled wine again on turn around day. 🍷

Alternatively, you can bring on the allotted amount for both segments when embarking on the first segment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Alternatively, you can bring on the allotted amount for both segments when embarking on the first segment.

Really?! Any push back? I have 3 B2B segments booked and would normally just bring it back with me when I return to the ship on turnaround day.🍷

*(non corkage fee allotted amount) 

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Really?! Any push back? I have 3 B2B segments booked and would normally just bring it back with me when I return to the ship on turnaround day.🍷

*(non corkage fee allotted amount) 

Really.

Just bring proof of being on for all the segments. If any pushback, ask to speak with a supervisor from the ship.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, Jadn13 said:

Not an actual secret but something some may not realize.

On a B2B cruise you can bring on your allotted amount of bottled wine again on turn around day. 🍷

Or, just bring it all at once and show them your boarding passes for the subsequent cruises. 

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Or, just bring it all at once and show them your boarding passes for the subsequent cruises. 

Thanks! I was obviously unaware of this and it’s especially helpful for Trans Atlantic B2B. 

Thanks Again to everyone who pointed this out, very helpful! 

• 5 months later...

Now that cruises are starting to happen again, I thought I'd bump this up so that people could share their wisdom.  True, things may have changed a great deal since before the pandemic, but hopefully many of our favorite "secrets" may still apply.

Happy cruising!

• Like 1

Discounted/Bonus Gift Cards

-Promos Sales (a few times a year) 

-Allstate Rewards (discounts between 10% and 15%) 

-Fetch App- Submit shopping receipts for points and earn Princess gift cards 

if anyone knows of others, please share 

• Like 1