7 day Tahiti cruise

NMTraveller

@NMTraveller

The balcony staterooms on Breeze are Juliet balconies just enough to stand on not sit, unless you're in a suite. Mostly the islands are in the distance. You might be happy with a picture window unless you like the fresh air which in Tahiti might be nice to have.

@Heartfelttraveler

I'm a bit worried about our November  2021 cruise just because so much is unknown about the efficacy of the vaccine. These variants have me a bit uneasy. I would HATE to see you get bumped from your third cruise- we're batting zero after three booked cruises since last March. Have November 2021 booked but also a backup for August 2022. But for you to get on Spirit you'd have to wait all the way until May 2022 which I don't blame you for not wanting. Will be keeping fingers crossed this year for all of us.

Edited by Petoonya

When we booked Star Legend for a cruise in the Med, the Juliet balconies didn't seem worth the extra cost so we had booked an ocean view.  But in looking at replacement cruises [you know, Covid...] I have seen pictures and videos that show how the balcony doors slide open to create a huge open area for fresh air and clear views.  Now I would book a veranda.

I have been on the Breeze in the Caribbean and I would only reserve a balcony. Open the doors, gaze out, total quiet and privacy, incredible views, the freshest air, loved it. I have been on the Wind Spirit in Tahiti loved every second and did not miss a balcony but it was the sails different concept and glorious. If I were on a motor yacht in Tahiti a balcony would be a must. I am partial to the sailing ships 25 times, motor yacht once, loved it but two different concepts. Splurge go for the balcony. Happy Sailing

If you can wait that long, especially for your first trip to Tahiti I would do Spirit on one of the first sailings in May 2022. The glory of those sails unfurling, as Strenz says, is unmatched. Not that Breeze will not be wonderful, it's just that Spirit was made for Tahiti. And the porthole view does not diminish the experience.

The other piece is that their are greater chances of good weather in May than December. It's VERY hot in December and more prone to rain. I did my last Spirit Tahiti in Nov/Dec, and for 18 days we had only sunny days but for one. Just do it- whichever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jumelle said:

Sorry but I am confused. Why are you saying that to get on the Spirit you have to wait until May 2022? We have a booking for July 21. Have they cancelled all the cruises for 2021?

Sorry for the confusion. No they have not cancelled all 2021 Tahiti cruises and hopefully your July 2021 sailing will proceed.

Wind Spirit is headed west after October 2021 and then Breeze takes over for winter Tahiti, till April 2022. Then Spirit comes back online in Tahiti.

9 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Sorry for the confusion. No they have not cancelled all 2021 Tahiti cruises and hopefully your July 2021 sailing will proceed.

Wind Spirit is headed west after October 2021 and then Breeze takes over for winter Tahiti, till April 2022. Then Spirit comes back online in Tahiti.

Thank you for clarifying. I did not know that.