Odyssey of The Seas April 2022

I'm considering a cruise on Odyssey Ft Lauderdale to Rome in April  (23) 2022 and was wondering what I could expect as far as rough waters.  Will it in all likelyhood be extremely rough or possibly calm?   I've only sailed from Florida to the Caribbean so I'm not sure what to expect.

16 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I'm considering a cruise on Odyssey Ft Lauderdale to Rome in April  (23) 2022 and was wondering what I could expect as far as rough waters.  Will it in all likelyhood be extremely rough or possibly calm?   I've only sailed from Florida to the Caribbean so I'm not sure what to expect.

There will be weather - but there is no way of predicting what kind of weather 😉

It will be warmer in general (sea and air temperatures ) than a great circle crossing from NYC to Southampton - but that's about the only generalized guidance available.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, cantgetaname said:

You should have no problem with a south Atlantic crossing at that time of year.  Temps should be mild as you get near the Med.   Crossing should be quite enjoyable  all the way.  Of course storms can happen but on average...you should be fine.  

I see that average daily temps in Funchal during April are 64* F.  

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

• 2 weeks later...

We've done a couple of eastbound transatlantic's and have found them generally calm.  Don't forget hurricane season could mostly affect fall transatlantic sailings, that being said we haven't experiences rough weather then either.

We've also looked at this transatlantic and was lured to start the process but the cruise price included Non Refundable deposits which has put us off.  We don't know for sure if the cruises will be operating  in April next year even though it's a way off.  We got burned a couple of years ago with NRD's on the Oasis when we had to cancel and weren't able to go during the time they gave a future credit for.  So until we know for sure we will wait to book and probably not on RCL because of their policy.

We have done 6 transatlantics and, Knock on Wood, all have have been great weather, pools are full and it gets pretty hot at times. We are right there with you and Mbleackl.  We are looking at Odyssey with it being a new ship or Allure which is our favorite class of ship. We have done Oasis Class on most TA'S and love the fact that it sails with 1200 fewer kids on board.  Wife loves the look of Odyssey, I think it might seem too small compared to Allure which I love.