HOTEL FOR STAY & PARK WITH SHUTTLE TO THE CARNIVAL LONG BEACH,CA CRUISE PIER

mcrcruiser

We are going on  Carnival Panorama for  7 night Mexican riviera cruise / what are the names of hotels that we can book a room one night & park for free the 7 nights we are on the cruise  ?    They asldo need to provide shuttle service to & from the ship  

Thaks in asdvance for your replies

My best recommendation for what you're looking for in Long Beach is the Maya Doubletree:

Park & Go (hilton.com)

The hotel is actually walking distance from the Carnival Terminal...but, of course, easier to use their shuttle.  It's an attractive hotel...but most places to eat, shop and spend time are across the channel in the Downtown/Convention Center area.  Of course you  will have your car...but parking can be a hassle, so you may want to take the city's free "Passport" bus--which stops right in front of the Maya...Oh, also you may try calling the hotel directly and asking if they have a "Carnival Rate"...often an unpublished park and cruise deal.

The Long Beach Hilton, not quite as convenient, but not too far off, also shows a "Park & Go" rate...

You'll also see people touting the Hotel Current...but, IMHO, I wouldn't stay there...It's clear across on the other side of Long Beach--miles from the cruise pier and main tourist areas...And, even though they'll shuttle you to the ship and back, it's a LONG ride and you may have a long wait time...and it's a fairly ordinary motel-type property...

Other thing to keep in mind is that sometimes the "deal" is not the best deal...Sometimes you can find a nice hotel, maybe pay for parking...and take an Uber to and from the pier ... Or ask the various hotels if they are offering any rates with parking included during your cruise...Often other hotels in the area will offer this.  Best hotels in prime area of Long Beach are the Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Centric, Renaissance and Westin...those are all in the prime REAL Convention Center area--near a lot of restaurants, shopping and attractions...and are first class hotels...and really not that far from the cruise pier.

Good luck...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Thanks for all your help Steve  .This is very good info  . I recall there is a aquarium in Long Beach  . If the coin show was going on we stay a few days as I collect older US coins & have done this for many years . The Long Beach Coin Show is a main  show of this type for coin collections .I went one time in the past

The coin show is typically (except for Covid-related cancellations) held three times a year at the Long Beach Convention Center--right next door to the Hyatt Regency, across the street from the Renaissance and Westin, close to the Hyatt Centric as well.  The Aquarium of the Pacific is fairly close as well.  This is all the prime tourist area of Long Beach.  Personal note:  I have a little history with the Long Beach Convention Center...As a 17 year old kid, I saw the first Ali-Frazier heavyweight title fight on "closed circuit TV" (These were the days before PPV TV--you had to go to a theater or arena and buy a ticket)...Then, a little over 7 years later, I took the 3-day California Bar Exam at the Convention Center...and stayed three nights during the event onboard the Queen Mary!

24 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

The coin show is typically (except for Covid-related cancellations) held three times a year at the Long Beach Convention Center--right next door to the Hyatt Regency, across the street from the Renaissance and Westin, close to the Hyatt Centric as well.  The Aquarium of the Pacific is fairly close as well.  This is all the prime tourist area of Long Beach.  Personal note:  I have a little history with the Long Beach Convention Center...As a 17 year old kid, I saw the first Ali-Frazier heavyweight title fight on "closed circuit TV" (These were the days before PPV TV--you had to go to a theater or arena and buy a ticket)...Then, a little over 7 years later, I took the 3-day California Bar Exam at the Convention Center...and stayed three nights during the event onboard the Queen Mary!

That is quite interesting . BTW  we phoned the Westin  & there is no free parking .so far it is the Double Tree by Hilton  ,Maya hotel with the park & sail deal  .We are both Hilton Honor  & Marriott members .since we have the car ,we can easily drive to the various points of interests . We may stay 2 nights to take in many sights .Thanks again for the tips 

When I took my last pre-pandemic cruise last January (Princess from San Pedro), I used Hilton points to stay at the San Pedro Doubletree...They had a regular rate AND a stay and cruise rate...BUT, with the points, they had no package listed, just the regular points rate.  So, I called the hotel directly and asked about parking/shuttle with my rate.  They said "no problem"...I used the points AND left my car in the hotel parking for the 7 nights and took the hotel shuttle to and from the pier...