Can't Keep Track Anymore!

vinsheer

Am I the only one? I am feeling more and more foolish and can't seem to keep track of Cruises Cancelled and Rebooked. Usually I am really on top of these things. However, I've just gone through a long list of emails trying to figure out which Cruises have been rebooked, whose names they are under, how we rebooked them, etc. As of now I know I still have a Jan 2021 cruise to answer Yes or No to refund or FCC and I just did the online reimbursement form to transfer my April 2021 cruise to my Nov 2021 Cruise.  Pretty sure my May 1 Cruise will be cancelled as well so getting ready for that.  I'm hoping I can call Carnival and they will have all this information if I just give each of our 3 names! Does anyone know if this is true? I feel so dumb!! I blame it on all the confusing emails, hahaha

• Like 2

May 1 will be cancelled.  Short cruises will not happen until 60 days after the test cruises have been done, according to the CDC. No one knows when the test cruises will happen with the way that the vaccine rollout has transpired combined with the increase in Covid spreading.

I'm crossing my fingers whether our Halloween  MG cruise will go or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Short cruises will not happen until 60 days after the test cruises have been done, according to the CDC.

I think they are abandoning the test cruise plans and will all move to mandatory vaccinations in the US. The cruise have completely stopped those discussions and I doubt they will even risk trying that route. The CDC information on planned and funded mandatory quarantine of an entire ship makes it useless to even try. You won't even get passengers that would sign up for mandatory quarantine at a facility, let alone agreeing to incur the cost of the quarantine. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I think they are abandoning the test cruise plans and will all move to mandatory vaccinations in the US. 

Since when would they not be hand in hand?  Mandatory vaccinations will be required and there needs to be some sort of test cruise to make sure that the crew knows exactly what the new protocols are going to be and how to act them out.  The cruise lines are not going to all of a sudden say that to celebrate  the 4th of July all US based cruise lines will start 3 & 4 day cruises.

The short cruises will come before the 7 day ones just like the test cruise will come before the 3/4 day ones and the results from the test cruise will need CDC approval  before the short cruises occur.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

With a completely vaccinated cruise, no new protocols are necessary. It will business as usual. Maybe the only thing that changes is servers in the buffet instead of a free for all. 

There will be masks required.  There will be social distancing.  There will be reductions in the number of people in an elevator.  

A completely vaccinated cruise is not a panacea.  It's a great starting point though.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, vinsheer said:

Am I the only one? I am feeling more and more foolish and can't seem to keep track of Cruises Cancelled and Rebooked. 

You are not alone.  We have had nine cruises cancelled, four of which have been rebooked, three refunded, and the two recently cancelled sitting as FCC waiting for the rest of our group to decide what they want to do.   I created an Excel workbook to try keep track of things.  I snip and paste information from my Cruise Manager and Carnival emails into tabs in the workbook and add my own notes including dates as well in order to have all of the information in one file.

The way that Carnival manages FCC and refunds makes it difficult to follow.  I often have trouble matching refund amounts to the cancelled cruise because the credit posted to my credit card does not contain the booking number, and often the $ amount does not match any line item on our statement or my calculation of the amount still due.  I feel sorry for our TA as she has had to spend many hours on the phone with Carnival trying to straighten out issues with refunds.  We are still getting small refunds from cruises that were cancelled by Carnival many months ago based on what our TA was able to discover.

We have used discounted gift cards to pay for part of these cruises.  At least when we receive a new gift card as a refund, the paperwork that accompanies it references the original booking number.

• Like 4

I had to print everything out so I could remember and mark on my google calendar for back up.  I'm just waiting for my Panorama in May to be cancelled.  Whats worse is that I have also had to cancel all our flights so I'm trying to keep up with all the e-credits we have to use before December of 2022

• Like 3

11 hours ago, vinsheer said:

Am I the only one? I am feeling more and more foolish and can't seem to keep track of Cruises Cancelled and Rebooked. Usually I am really on top of these things. However, I've just gone through a long list of emails trying to figure out which Cruises have been rebooked, whose names they are under, how we rebooked them, etc. As of now I know I still have a Jan 2021 cruise to answer Yes or No to refund or FCC and I just did the online reimbursement form to transfer my April 2021 cruise to my Nov 2021 Cruise.  Pretty sure my May 1 Cruise will be cancelled as well so getting ready for that.  I'm hoping I can call Carnival and they will have all this information if I just give each of our 3 names! Does anyone know if this is true? I feel so dumb!! I blame it on all the confusing emails, hahaha

If you know how to use Excel, I highly recommend it for this task. I have a spreadsheet that has separate tabs for all my travel details, and looking now, I see that goes back to May 2016 - my archived sheet goes back to 2000. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I think they are abandoning the test cruise plans and will all move to mandatory vaccinations in the US. The cruise have completely stopped those discussions and I doubt they will even risk trying that route. The CDC information on planned and funded mandatory quarantine of an entire ship makes it useless to even try. You won't even get passengers that would sign up for mandatory quarantine at a facility, let alone agreeing to incur the cost of the quarantine. 

I vote this wouldn't happen. Cdc protocols to do mock cruises dont expire until nov 1, 2021. 

I'd agree if they paid for it. Many will be vaccinated and willing to take a free mock cruise.  Didnt rcl get 200k sign up ? Not exactly no one.

• Like 1

Threads like this

make me So Very Happy that I have nothing booked

and have had nothing booked during this current plague upon mankind!

I'd sooner buy stock in Carnival

than lend them my money via bookings/cancellations

and I'm not doing that either!!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 4:24 AM, SNJCruisers said:

There will be masks required.  There will be social distancing.  There will be reductions in the number of people in an elevator.  

A completely vaccinated cruise is not a panacea.  It's a great starting point though.

Timing will be the key.  For cruises in the next 6 months, I would agree. After 6 months, it is possible (but not sure of likelihood) that vaccines will be widespread enough that a ship full of vaccinated pax will present a very low threat for exposure/transmission.

In about a year, I think that will very certain.  (But I could be wrong in my optimism, I will admit.)

So it may come down to: when does cruising actually resume?

• Like 1