Mediterranean Stateroom Availability

CDrisc

Thank you for taking the time to consider my question. We are sailing on the MSC Seaview in August 2022. As usual, there are many ports of call where passengers can embark and disembark and we are choosing to embark from Naples. This limits our stateroom options. For ours, there is only one Aurea Grand Suite (SE3) that was available and we reserved it. We are traveling with a large group that includes my sister and her family of 3. They would also like this stateroom category but there are no others available for passengers sailing from Naples. If we sailed out of Barcelona or Genoa there would be other choices for SE3 staterooms that are not made available for the Naples point of departure.  

We cannot change our port of embarkation. We have to sail from Naples. Has anyone had any experience with this? Has MSC made those other staterooms available when requested? 

I understand why they do this, so I’m not looking for an explanation of MSC’s practices. I just want to know if anyone has ever worked around this and, if so, how?

Edited by CDrisc

The only thing you can do in this situation is ask the rep to request the cabin type from Inventory. 

I booked a cruise last week where the only deck available was 15.  I expressed a preference for deck 16 and the rep managed to secure me a cabin on that deck. 

6 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

MSC allocate cabins by country, we tried to get a YC room which was showing available on US site but as we reside in England we and our travel agent were told No availability!

Liz

Liz ... You would have to use a US agent as we have.

We live in the US and booked with our local TA. She couldn’t get them to make staterooms available that were allocated to other ports. 

I called MSC directly to find out about this.  I asked to speak to a supervisor to see if they could make staterooms allocated to other ports available for me. Their only answer was, “It’s impossible.”

It didn’t hurt to try.