What I Miss on Cruise Critic

Oakman58

What I miss besides cruising is reading the trip reports others would post on this forum.  Those trip reports helped to fill the void between our cruises.  I hope when cruising begins again people will continue to take the time to write trip reports and hopefully include some photos.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

What I miss besides cruising is reading the trip reports others would post on this forum.  Those trip reports helped to fill the void between our cruises.  I hope when cruising begins again people will continue to take the time to write trip reports and hopefully include some photos.

That is an excellent thought @Oakman58.  Moreover I look forward to a sense of enthusiasm returning to these boards, where posters talk about all of the fun things they are planning for their next cruise instead of the constant drumbeat of Debbie Downers over why they cannot cruise, vaccines, masks and worthless prognostications about what the CDC will do next.  This is Cruise Critic, not Vaccine Critic!

See the source image

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oteixeira said:

I look forward to chair hog and not enough pools on this ship posts.   LOL  Also, any posts complaining about the gratuities, since it means we are onboard and people are complaining about them.

Don't forget about those pier runners...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

That is an excellent thought @Oakman58.  Moreover I look forward to a sense of enthusiasm returning to these boards, where posters talk about all of the fun things they are planning for their next cruise instead of the constant drumbeat of Debbie Downers over why they cannot cruise, vaccines, masks and worthless prognostications about what the CDC will do next.  This is Cruise Critic, not Vaccine Critic!

See the source image

I second that!

Debbie Downer GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I miss the excitement and anticipation! Not just here but in general life. I’m glad to do my part to keep others healthy and safe but I’m bored! I’m used to having something every quarter to look forward too. I can’t wait to see the countdowns and pre cruise packing tips. Stay healthy everyone! May we all cruise again soon! 

• Like 6

I agree with all of these posts.  I used to spend my morning drinking coffee and reading posts about other peoples cruises and planning my own.  Now I glance at cc and since nothing is really new to really enjoy reading I feel sad.  I have upcoming cruises planned to a point but then I feel like I should not do too much planning because of the possibility of them being canceled.  This is so hard for an obsessive cruise planner.  It has been nearly a year now and I truly am getting depressed about the whole thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EllieinNJ said:

I miss the roll call participation.  Yes, I am on several roll calls for booked cruises but they are not very active like in the past.  I think no one wants to commit to any activities until we  see ships actually sailing.

Roll calls are very slow.  I believe there are only 4 of us on our Breakaway roll call.  I suppose nobody really has anything to share.  Also being a Caribbean cruise I have always noticed less activity as opposed to the Med cruise roll calls - they always seem more active.

• Like 1

I.m used bto doing 3-5 cruisesperyear .My last one was jan 2020 just before Covid wreaked havoc with our lives .I miss cruising ...a lot ..esp now in the bitter cold I miss myusual Caribbean cruise

i hope govt gets the act together and we can get vaccinated all over the world soit can be safe to travel again .So far I.ve gotten great offers but almost immediately after being offered govt restrictions come into play so none have been remotely feasable .....here we are all obeying staying at home and curfew tohelp ...its not easy ...

i.mlooking forward to better days ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

Roll calls are very slow.  I believe there are only 4 of us on our Breakaway roll call.  I suppose nobody really has anything to share.  Also being a Caribbean cruise I have always noticed less activity as opposed to the Med cruise roll calls - they always seem more active.

I started the Roll Call for my September cruise and over 50 days later, not a soul has logged on.  Guess I'll be on a very uncrowded ship! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, oteixeira said:

I look forward to chair hog and not enough pools on this ship posts.   LOL  Also, any posts complaining about the gratuities, since it means we are onboard and people are complaining about them.

Technically speaking...chair hogs tended to be a form of social distancing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, HuliHuli said:

See the source image

Haha, I love Debbie Downer. Alas, the DD's finally wore me down, I was pretty optimistic about the future of travel last year, but the pessimists finally won out. I don't see life going back to normal until 2022. You can only take so much bad news before you finally throw in the towel-which I have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Haha, I love Debbie Downer. Alas, the DD's finally wore me down, I was pretty optimistic about the future of travel last year, but the pessimists finally won out. I don't see life going back to normal until 2022. You can only take so much bad news before you finally throw in the towel-which I have.

Say it isn't so, you are one of the few people on here that made me feel optimistic.   😞 Sad day for me now.

46 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Say it isn't so, you are one of the few people on here that made me feel optimistic.   😞 Sad day for me now.

if it makes you feel any better, we're booked on the jade for this july, and i'm planning on spending 2 days in amsterdam prior to departure, and 3 days in copenhagen  post cruise.

never give up, we'll all get there eventually, and hopefully the sooner the better. as they say in latin..screw the debbie downers

14 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Yeah, sorry. I have to have at least a modicum of good news to keep the optimism going. At the moment, what I see is this:

1. An already struggling industry canceling farther and farther into 2021. (talking mainly about cruises sailing from US ports)

2. Two out of three cruises we'd booked for 2021 have been canceled, and the third one leaves from Copenhagen in July. At this point, we can't even fly to Denmark at all.

3. Lock downs increasing in Europe and Australia/NZ (they've even dropped the 'travel bubble' set up between those two countries).

4. A change in US administration that seems to be more focused on containment and isolation (which could be good, in the long run) rather than opening up. Huge travel ban comes into effect today, and US citizens have to have both a negative COVID test before coming home and a quarantine. Unless you can afford the time off for your vacation AND a 7-10 day quarantine on top of it (which I can't), you're out of luck.

All of this points to a pretty dismal outlook for me. I hope things change.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, Oakman58 said:

Agreed! The search feature on this site is not great (What kind of website doesn't accept Boolean searches???), which makes finding older reviews difficult. I'll be reading the reviews in your signature now though! 

10 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Agreed! The search feature on this site is not great (What kind of website doesn't accept Boolean searches???), which makes finding older reviews difficult. I'll be reading the reviews in your signature now though! 

I've had a few people refer to signatures lately, but I am not seeing any. Is there something I need to enable?

37 minutes ago, JP82 said:

I've had a few people refer to signatures lately, but I am not seeing any. Is there something I need to enable?

Upper right corner of this page, click on your name, account settings, signatures, view signatures.   Personally, I keep turned off.  Many people have too much junk to scroll through.

• Like 2