New Covid-19 Cruise Ship Rules

On 1/24/2021 at 11:30 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

How do you feel about the new rules that have been displayed on Quantum?

• Tracelets. No big deal
  • Limited time in the pools  Don’t like it
  • Limited tables for dining Don’t know how that would effect wait time
  • Temperature checks Seems like an annoyance 
  • Limited seating in the theatre Could mean not being able to see a show
  • Muster 2.0 Like this and hope it becomes permanent
  • 1 metre social distancing Ok with this
  • Covid testing before and after the cruise OK with this

Too strict, or fair?

Too many rules and limitations for me to even consider cruising until this has all passed.

• Like 8

Other than the limited seating for shows, I am not that alarmed at any of them. Maybe with limited tables at dining the waiters will actually be able to fit between tables without bumping every single chair. You didn’t list mask wearing or shorts excursions——- those are more of an issue to me. 

• Like 2

Just watched the video. This is an experience that I don’t want any part of especially if the only place you don’t have to wear a mask is when at the bar. You probably won’t even be able to get a drink because of the limited seating and capacity control. I know they are sailing at limited capacity but even 3000 people is a lot if you are only using half the seating.

Thanks for posting the video.

• Like 6

Our next cruises will (hopefully) be this September, then November, as well as all of April, 2022 and we look forward to going on them! I think the rules are fair and will abide by them in order to cruise. We did book balcony cabins to enjoy the scenery and fresh ocean air! We also hope to get vaccinated by the end of summer!

Thank you for your video and hope to meet you on a ship! Take care and hope you and your family and friends stay safe and healthy!

Cheers!🥂

• Like 1

I've said it in other threads - the testing before might be an issue.  When someone has had COVID they can test positive on a PCR test for 3-5 months after they were infected.  That means that if you have a cruise planned and contract COVID less than 5 months before the cruise, you need to have some way to be allowed to re-book or get a refund, even if you've recovered.

How the vaccine impacts this, I have no idea.

Edited by hallux

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Other than the limited seating for shows, I am not that alarmed at any of them. Maybe with limited tables at dining the waiters will actually be able to fit between tables without bumping every single chair. You didn’t list mask wearing or shorts excursions——- those are more of an issue to me. 

The “shorts excursions” made me smile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow... glad we only have two booked in Nov 21.... with refundable deposits.

If these rules are still in effect... probably will not make final payments.

Will decide after actually waiting to read some cruiser reports when sailing does resume.

What about those crowded ship elevators... the worst spot on ship for lack of spacing.

Limit number of riders?  Have a staff elevator attendant?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

How do you feel about the new rules that have been displayed on Quantum?

• Tracelets
  • Limited time in the pools
  • Limited tables for dining
  • Temperature checks
  • Limited seating in the theatre
  • Muster 2.0
  • 1 metre social distancing
  • Covid testing before and after the cruise

Too strict, or fair?

If it was just the rules you listed I'm ok with it. The second someone mentions masks though I'm out.....

• Like 4

I'm also fine with the precautions...however I have questions about the Covid testing if spending pre-cruise days before boarding and tests after cruise ... who will provide these and where especially in a foreign country?

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm also fine with the precautions...however I have questions about the Covid testing if spending pre-cruise days before boarding and tests after cruise ... who will provide these and where especially in a foreign country?

The CDC mandates that the cruise line will test everyone before disembarking

Hopefully things will relax before our cruise.  Maybe they will once more people get the vaccine.  I wouldn’t like masks all the time except at bars, limited time in the hot tubs or pools, and not being able to enjoy your drink outside the bar venues. 

And, I want to hear more about these “Shorts tours” 🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The CDC mandates that the cruise line will test everyone before disembarking

And what about before getting onboard when staying pre-cruise days?

And before disembarking will I have those results to take with me to the airport?

CDC has no authority in a foreign port.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And what about before getting onboard when staying pre-cruise days?

And before disembarking will I have those results to take with me to the airport?

CDC has no authority in a foreign port.

Ports of call will have their own rules. But upon disembarkation at the home port, those are the rules. As of now there's no rule that says you have to provide your negative test result to the airline after a cruise. Just to get off the ship. But  I would imagine RC would have to provide copies of the results to passengers.

I don't want any part of this. Not for the  money I'm paying.  We're supposed to be sailing in May (not that I think that sailing is actually going to go).  Just debating if we want to cancel ourselves and move the money to the cruise we have booked on Oasis in January, 2022, or wait for Royal to cancel so we get the 125% on the cash we put on the May cruise.

• Like 1