CDC has NOT issued a no sail order for September 2021.

Nashna

2 hours ago, Tony UK said:

Thaks for5 posting. The earlier post was so very misleading and could have persuaded people to cancel or lift and shift!

Perhaps admin could delete?

You would cancel a cruise based on a Cruise Critic post?  Really?

In fairness the the OP, the CDC site is a bit confusing.

FWIW - the Alaska cruising season is very unlikely.  The reasons include Canada not expecting the general population will not be all vaccinated until summer thus Canada closed and how many months will it take for other ports open?  The current guidelines for cruises from the US require ports to agree to take ill passengers.  How can that happen for many countries?  For example Jamacia has 30 ICU beds in the entire country.  The Dominican Republic about 500 total hospital beds!

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Just so everyone knows, it is very easy to bring a post to the attention of the moderators.  The three little lots at the upper right of every post allow you to report (among other things), with or without further comment or question.  I've done it twice re this issue. Works much better than saying "I wish someone would report...."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Just so everyone knows, it is very easy to bring a post to the attention of the moderators.  The three little lots at the upper right of every post allow you to report (among other things), with or without further comment or question.  I've done it twice re this issue. Works much better than saying "I wish someone would report...."

Just what I did around 2 hours ago 

On 1/24/2021 at 10:06 PM, shipgeeks said:

I did do that also!

Covid has been around for a year now. As I see it for cruises to start back up out of US and Canada. We need Mexico and the Caribbean to also have Covid under control. Has Celebrity vaccinated all their employee that will be returning to the ships. Just because you or I have been vaccinated does not mean that we cant give Covid to someone else or get Covid ourselves.

While we do enjoy cruising and I want to used up my FCC. My main focus is on keeping my family heathy. 

On 1/24/2021 at 1:46 PM, Tony UK said:

Thaks for5 posting. The earlier post was so very misleading and could have persuaded people to cancel or lift and shift!

Perhaps admin could delete?

You'd be persuaded to cancel a cruise based on a CC thread/comment???

I also reported that thread. We have 2 September cruises almost back to back on Celebrity and HAL, at first when I saw the misleading thread I was worried for maybe a second, but I knew it was either a typo or just a fool trying to yell "Fire".

Edited by terrydtx

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

You'd be persuaded to cancel a cruise based on a CC thread/comment???

Yeah, I wouldnt hurry canceling anything either. There is really no point at  the moment. In any case, even if they cancel anything, you will be fully refunded as it was on their side and not on yours. So, keep calm and just stick to your primary plans I would say 

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Yeah, I wouldnt hurry canceling anything either. There is really no point at  the moment. In any case, even if they cancel anything, you will be fully refunded as it was on their side and not on yours. So, keep calm and just stick to your primary plans I would say 

We have until mid June to cancel before final payment, hopefully we will have a much better handle on the Pandemic by then. If the May Infinity sailing go as planned we will have a much better idea of how September will be.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We have until mid June to cancel before final payment, hopefully we will have a much better handle on the Pandemic by then. If the May Infinity sailing go as planned we will have a much better idea of how September will be.

I also think that you might be offered some other cruising option or even upgrade in case if the date of your initial cruising will be moved to a later date. So yeah, dont rush 

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I also think that you might be offered some other cruising option or even upgrade in case if the date of your initial cruising will be moved to a later date. So yeah, don't rush 

We canceled our May Greek  Infinity cruise and then eventually booked on HAL Westerdam in September. We originally moved the May cruise to the Constellation in September, but 2 days later it was canceled by Celerity. We have moved or canceled our Greek cruise 4 times now dating back to last summer, hopefully we will go in September, or start believing we are not meant to see Greece, LOL. We already have one cruise to the Baltics for 2022 along with a planned land trip to Hawaii with our 2 of our grandkids, so Greece may have to be put off until 2023 if we do not go this year.

I dont think I deserved 1 or 2 of the snarky comments when I was pointing up an inaccurate and misleading post. Thank you to those who reacted positively.

It actually sent me off checking CDC and other sites for more information when I read it!

Right now many people are looking for any tiny snippets of information, and then reacting quickly to lift shift and re-book..

Maybe in these troubled times we need to consider whether what we post is accurate and the impact of what we post on others.

2 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

I dont think I deserved 1 or 2 of the snarky comments when I was pointing up an inaccurate and misleading post. Thank you to those who reacted positively.

It actually sent me off checking CDC and other sites for more information when I read it!

Right now many people are looking for any tiny snippets of information, and then reacting quickly to lift shift and re-book..

Maybe in these troubled times we need to consider whether what we post is accurate and the impact of what we post on others.

Totally appreciated and understood @Tony UK!!!  These boards are fun, informative, interesting and frankly a good stress release in troubled times!  Only thing I can say as it pertains to cruising, lot of what we say is speculation, nothing more and nothing less.  I love CC for ship, cabin, restaurant, port information etc.  Anything beyond that, I do my own research and make my own decision.  

• Like 1