FCC Question

chmusar

Our cruise was cancelled which was due to sail in April ( including flights and 3 night hotel stay) , The Travel Agent rang to see what i wanted to do i.e. full refund , keep monied paid and put towards another cruise.

I asked about RCCL FCC and as they(TA) had only paid a deposit £300 for cruise portion of trip ( even though I had paid in full a week before cancelation)that would be all I would be entitled to , is this normal as not been in this situation before.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, chmusar said:

Our cruise was cancelled which was due to sail in April ( including flights and 3 night hotel stay) , The Travel Agent rang to see what i wanted to do i.e. full refund , keep monied paid and put towards another cruise.

I asked about RCCL FCC and as they(TA) had only paid a deposit £300 for cruise portion of trip ( even though I had paid in full a week before cancelation)that would be all I would be entitled to , is this normal as not been in this situation before.

Thanks

Take the full refund. I wouldn't do business in the future with any TA that didn't forward my payment immediately to the cruise line that I authorized the TA to make payment to the cruise line. 

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Take the full refund. I wouldn't do business in the future with any TA that didn't forward my payment immediately to the cruise line that I authorized the TA to make payment to the cruise line. 

The poster is from the UK.  They do things a bit different than we do on this side if the pond with respect to payments. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, chmusar said:

Thanks

Deposits and payments to Royal by UK travel agents follows a different procedure than what is followed in North America.  

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Deposits and payments to Royal by UK travel agents follows a different procedure than what is followed in North America.  

I have requested a full refund which I have been told I will get within 120 days ☹️