Picture-A-Week 2021 - Week 05

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, January 25 and Sunday, January 31.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

On Friday, I felt a bit achy and sort of tired. I thought it was because of a rather solid fall from a step ladder on Thursday afternoon but later in the day I felt like I was a little warm and Kim zapped me with the thermometer. We were both startled by a reading of 103.5°. Sirens went off, steel doors dropped and I was in quarantine! An appointment was made for a test on Monday and I went into isolation in the spare bedroom. My temp dropped to normal by Saturday morning (and hasn’t risen again), so being the embodiment of mercy and armed with an atomizing disinfectant sprayer, Kim let me venture from the room on Saturday for my normal video game session with my son in Texas. Putting the hurt on bad guys sure is good for what ails you!

Good For What Ails You

1094538028_2021-05GoodForWhatAilsYou.thumb.jpg.75ce399c91cccc578e8f2dfad86c7a9b.jpg

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pierces said:

On Friday, I felt a bit achy and sort of tired. I thought it was because of a rather solid fall from a step ladder on Thursday afternoon but later in the day I felt like I was a little warm and Kim zapped me with the thermometer. We were both startled by a reading of 103.5°. Sirens went off, steel doors dropped and I was in quarantine! An appointment was made for a test on Monday and I went into isolation in the spare bedroom. My temp dropped to normal by Saturday morning (and hasn’t risen again), so being the embodiment of mercy and armed with an atomizing disinfectant sprayer, Kim let me venture from the room on Saturday for my normal video game session with my son in Texas. Putting the hurt on bad guys sure is good for what ails you!

Good For What Ails You

1094538028_2021-05GoodForWhatAilsYou.thumb.jpg.75ce399c91cccc578e8f2dfad86c7a9b.jpg

Dave

Take care Dave!

• Like 1

I was puttering around in the garage last evening and walked out onto the driveway in time to notice a hawk land in my tree.  I went inside to grab my camera and to my surprise he was still there when I returned. The hawk stuck around for a good 30 minutes before I noticed he left.

1.thumb.jpg.df62569765bb2ea09b1bc454ab877362.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.29e7559ada0726a475dc656f91fff996.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.8b85d72a43fdd5b4a9d3abf8f2f1010d.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.ec54f563758e1614e018f29db3ce3e1b.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.80e3065f113b7dff7b95b9acd3e57341.jpg

• Like 4

Time for the weekend wetlands wildlife again down here in South Florida.  Weather's been pleasantly cool, which has drawn a few more birds down this way, gotten all the reptiles out of the water to get some sun, and kicked off mating season for some species.

Alligator closeup:

original.jpg

A nesting pair of red-shouldered hawks has built a nest at the wetlands, and it looks like the female might be ready to drop some eggs soon:

original.jpg

There are hundreds of black-bellied whistling ducks hanging out here now - and they love to go for a noisy fly-around at 5pm every day:

original.jpg

For the wood storks, it's definitely time to put on the Barry White album, dim the lights, and get it on:

original.jpg

Which also means the male wood storks need to get those nests built up - lumber runs are the daily chore:

original.jpg

The anhingas have gotten all tarted up too - putting on the eye makeup to attract a mate, and getting all glossy looking:

original.jpg

A great egret heading up from the waters towards its nest, in late afternoon backlight:

original.jpg

• Like 5