CDC Covid testing regulations for Flights

Rudy888

With the new CDC requirement that on southbound cruises ending in Vancouver a passenger will need a Covid test no more than three days prior to board a plane back to the states. This could mean that once arriving in Vancouver a passenger will have to stay over in Vancouver until he can get his test results. Maybe the ships will do testing or in one of the last port of calls we will be able to be tested. Haven't heard much about this from the cruise lines though it is a new regulation.

4 hours ago, Rudy888 said:

. Haven't heard much about this from the cruise lines though it is a new regulation.

Wow...give it a chance...if it even applies by the time of your cruise, if your cruise even goes. Don't know when your cruise is, but there are several hurdles before the cruise lines will be prioritizing this. 

If it comes to that, there are test where results are available in as little as 15 minutes. Or, you might have to stay a night in Vancouver for other types of tests, which take a few hours for results. In any event, one solution  for the problem would be for a test vendor to set up an operation at the pier.

5 hours ago, Rudy888 said:

With the new CDC requirement that on southbound cruises ending in Vancouver a passenger will need a Covid test no more than three days prior to board a plane back to the states. This could mean that once arriving in Vancouver a passenger will have to stay over in Vancouver until he can get his test results. Maybe the ships will do testing or in one of the last port of calls we will be able to be tested. Haven't heard much about this from the cruise lines though it is a new regulation.

Don’t fret yourself too much on this scenario; chances of a cruise ship being permitted to come anywhere near a Canadian port while the test requirement is in place are pretty much zero.

I understand the responses, however, when I received this announcement

from Trip Advisor, my first thought was:

How will I deal with this before my flight back to the USA when I have

just disembarked in Barcelona?

This CDC announcement said that testing would need to be done no more than

3 days before returning to the USA. And it does not mention that proof of the two

vaccines will be valid.

14 hours ago, nini said:

3 days before returning to the USA. And it does not mention that proof of the two

vaccines will be valid.

This is new.  As everyone has said, wait and see what happens with vaccine rollout and resumption of cruising.

16 hours ago, nini said:

vaccines will be valid.

When is your currently scheduled disembarking in BCN? If its this summer, it is far too early to know exactly how things are going to be. If its next month, that is a more serious issue.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

When is your currently scheduled disembarking in BCN? If its this summer, it is far too early to know exactly how things are going to be. If its next month, that is a more serious issue.

The cruise is September 2021. It departs Rome and ends in Barcelona. We had hoped

to spend a week in Italy pre-cruise.

55 minutes ago, nini said:

The cruise is September 2021. It departs Rome and ends in Barcelona. We had hoped

That's a very long way from now. Who knows whether we will be requiring testing to enter the US? We should be seeing widespread vaccination in the US. Hawaii has had the testing requirement since October, and has indicated when the CDC issues guidance of vaccinated travelers, they intent to waive the testing requirements for travelers to Hawaii.

2 hours ago, nini said:

A lot can change over the next few months.  Currently, the US is a List E country and tourism from the United States is not permitted.  Maybe you should keep an eye on this web page to have an idea how things progress....

http://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=5

Most cruise ships currently sailing in the Med have already received their own PCR test machines for weekly testing of crew, plus testing of any suspected passenger cases.

Now they are in the process of being certified as authorized test centers. Once done, pax will be able to have the required tests performed before the end of the cruise.