Bottled water

licram

18 minutes ago, franktown said:

Not a option yet in the personalizer for my booked cruises.  Not a big deal with the beverage package.  I just stock up the first day.

I always tell myself I will stock up but usually end up drinking them all before they make it back to the cabin. I usually buy a case per cabin and we drink them all. It avoids the "pressure" of ensuring there is plenty of water to drink in the cabin. I know a lot of people enjoy drinking water from the facet, but that's not for me. I like cold water and refrigerate mine. 

I drink tap water during my meals, but that comes with ice. 

I hope we can still pre-purchase water for our next cruise!

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I just added a 12 pack to our June cruise and the cost has remained $7.08.  Even though we have the beverage package, it's nice to have some on hand.

I don’t understand buying the water when you have the package. You can pick up water for free all over the ship and store them in your fridge. It’s not like the count against your limit

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I don’t understand buying the water when you have the package. You can pick up water for free all over the ship and store them in your fridge. It’s not like the count against your limit

Perhaps you are content running around the ship to pick up water bottles to storer.  To us having some on hand is a tiny price to pay in order to spend our time doing other things on board that make us happy.  There are lots of things that others do that I am sure I would not understand if I thought about it but I simply respect that everyone does what works for them.  To each his / her own.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, licram said:

Can you still purchase bottled water for your cabin ?

Nobody really knows for certain what will happen when cruising resumes.

Some months before the Covid pause, Carnival Corp principals made a command appearance in Federal court to answer for ongoing environmental crimes.

CCL paid another multi-million dollar fine and agreed to amend business practices.

So, almost immediately, they developed an environmental xonscience.

Out went sugar packets and plastic straws and boxed cereal and on and on.

And, the corp announced that beverages onboard would no longer be provided in plastic bottles.  

In the ensuing flurry, they were trying to source alternatives, such as canned water or packaging like juice box containers.

Then, Covid hit followed by endless pauses ... so, when cruising resumes, it's anyone's guess what, if anything, might be available. 

Even if bottled water currently is offered for purchase, Princess can remove it without replacement.

14 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Nobody really knows for certain what will happen when cruising resumes.

Some months before the Covid pause, Carnival Corp principals made a command appearance in Federal court to answer for ongoing environmental crimes.

CCL paid another multi-million dollar fine and agreed to amend business practices.

So, almost immediately, they developed an environmental xonscience.

Out went sugar packets and plastic straws and boxed cereal and on and on.

And, the corp announced that beverages onboard would no longer be provided in plastic bottles.  

In the ensuing flurry, they were trying to source alternatives, such as canned water or packaging like juice box containers.

Then, Covid hit followed by endless pauses ... so, when cruising resumes, it's anyone's guess what, if anything, might be available. 

Even if bottled water currently is offered for purchase, Princess can remove it without replacement.

Good point!  Pre-pandemic all CCL ships were moving towards eliminating all single use items.  After the pandemic though it seems like the single use items would be more sanitary to use.  So I'll agree that it will be interesting to see where this lands and if they can somehow provide the single use items without running afoul of the judge's ruling.

15 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Good point!  Pre-pandemic all CCL ships were moving towards eliminating all single use items.  After the pandemic though it seems like the single use items would be more sanitary to use.  So I'll agree that it will be interesting to see where this lands and if they can somehow provide the single use items without running afoul of the judge's ruling.

The judge did not require use of single use items, just that any trash be disposed of properly.

I think the movement to single use items by Princess is due to two things:

a) Bulk item is less expensive than single use item.

b) Makes them seem environmentally friendly for good PR.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

The judge did not require use of single use items, just that any trash be disposed of properly.

I think the movement to single use items by Princess is due to two things:

a) Bulk item is less expensive than single use item.

b) Makes them seem environmentally friendly for good PR.

That was part of it.  But some of the complaints listed among the hundreds noted were about improper disposal of single use items parts of which were discharged into the ocean.  There was a status conference yesterday and the judge did seem encouraged by the actions CCL is taking, at least from this very brief report:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/carnivals-environmental-violations-persist-as-it-waits-out-covid-19-pandemic/ar-BB1d9CGX