Sitka tour

wilderness1

We took this whale watching tour from https://gallantadventuresalaska.com/. and then went to the Raptor Center. We still had time to walk through the downtown area. Whale watching was spectacular, and was on a 6 -pack boat. P9240239.thumb.JPG.359af52564d9e36e06fa18ad9952bd9d.JPGThe second photo scared the bejesus out of me. It seemed that the whale was 2 feet from the boat.29582809723_d9f072bb54_k.thumb.jpg.9ad4e5848a61dda3e719ce9f17b814cd.jpgP9240191.thumb.JPG.f47751b318827b933fe472350166dc45.JPGP9240217.thumb.JPG.23fe247a843bbe7aee110fc0bc36746e.JPG

Edited by pizzalady1

When will you be there? With no tourism last year, Paul Davis (Gallant Adventures) had to return to work as a geologist. He is planning to offer tours from Sitka this summer, but only until the end of July. His geology work is above the Arctic Circle and he'll have to return there August 1.

• Like 1

I recommend you check out Sitka Wildlife Tours. I went with them last time I was in Sitka and had a great time. Locally owned and operated. Bruce, the owner, greeted me after I got off the bus from the ship and made some recommendations to spend my time before the tour. Our driver/guide was a Sitka native and seemed to know everyone in town as we went around. Besides the sights, a lot of colorful insight into life in Sitka.