Below Deck

I cannot watch the Block, most of them are big headed Latte drinking dinks and yuppies. Put it in the same bracket as Home & Away and Neighbours, lol.🤓

Edited by NSWP

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

I cannot watch the Block, most of them are big headed Latte drinking dinks and yuppies. Put it in the same bracket as Home & Away and Neighbours, lol.🤓

So do I, I nearly spew at the mention of shows like that, I'm a retired Builder.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:38 PM, mr walker said:

That's interesting. I have not been an avid Block viewer, but have kept an eye on it over the years. This year we are watching it closely as someone we know from country music is a contestant. Kirsty Akers & husband Jessie from up your way (Wangi) are on the show - Kirsty is originally from Kurri.

The focus of what is broadcast is on the drama & it seems that the some contestants are selected for the drama they will bring & the cross-advertising for other shows on Ch9 rather than their renovation skills.

Kirsty and Jessie are doing well & we are hoping they win some money - people in the music business could sure do with some $ with COVID impacting the live music scene. 

I don’t watch the block, but am Wangi born and bred and boy the town have got behind them, but that’s pretty typical of Wangi. You should have seen the joint when the boys bought home the Gold medal in sailing a few years back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

I started watching a random episode just to see what it was all about and gave up within five minutes. The chef was having a meltdown because he couldn't cook eggs for 8 people. I mean, really?

The chef should have  used his/her 'loaf' 😁 got out the liquid eggs in a carton and smashed out a load of scrambled eggs, lol. Easier than cooking fried or poached eggs for 8 wealthy mega yacht guests😂

Edited by NSWP

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Curious if anyone has any actual private yachting experience.  I watched a bunch of seasons in the past, haven't watched for awhile.  Watching S10, up to E4 today.

How much occurs off camera?

Only one day before the first guests for a new crew on an unfamiliar yacht to learn everything about it - both interior and deck?  Just the safety aspects of undocking/docking...

Capt. Lee seems to be a staple of the series.  But not in full health as the person in charge of the yacht?  Would this occur on a non-TV yacht?  And because he is unwell, his commentary about the deck crew seems to be more gruff than usual.   

On 10/18/2021 at 5:35 PM, Snoopkat said:

I started watching a random episode just to see what it was all about and gave up within five minutes. The chef was having a meltdown because he couldn't cook eggs for 8 people. I mean, really?

Well, 1 x soft poached, 2 x scrambled *one only with butter, 1 x fried sunny side up, 1 x over easy, 1 x egg white omelette, .....

I'd have a meltdown too

• Haha 1

Every now and then, I stumble upon Below Deck. I watch with morbid fascination. The gay lady captain can keep her flock well controlled. White hair Captain Botox seems slightly unhinged. 

None of the rest of the crew is realistically hire-able for a job in the real world. Especially that crass Australian "stew". Goes to show. Last time we heard from HER,  was on the "real love boat" show... 

7 hours ago, lamphs said:

Curious if anyone has any actual private yachting experience.  I watched a bunch of seasons in the past, haven't watched for awhile.  Watching S10, up to E4 today.

How much occurs off camera?

Only one day before the first guests for a new crew on an unfamiliar yacht to learn everything about it - both interior and deck?  Just the safety aspects of undocking/docking...

Capt. Lee seems to be a staple of the series.  But not in full health as the person in charge of the yacht?  Would this occur on a non-TV yacht?  And because he is unwell, his commentary about the deck crew seems to be more gruff than usual.  

Here's some articles that might answer your questions 

Below Deck: We asked real luxury yacht stewardesses how accurate the show really is

The Reality Behind ‘Below Deck’

A GUEST'S BELOW DECK EXPERIENCE ON BRAVO TV

How Below Deck Crew Life Differs From Real-World Yachting Careers

A few more Below Deck facts

Happy reading 😁