Can you book overlapping dates?

29 minutes ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

If I have a cruise booked, can I book another with overlapping dates? If I have Feb 6-13 already booked, will it allow me to also book Feb 12-20? 

Yes.  Their system does not cross reference bookings.  You can even have 2 cruises booked on the same ship and sail date.

I have two overlapped right now.  

Weeks ago I knew my 11 night Hawaii to Vancouver cruise on May 5th won't happen (but RCI refusing to officially cancel 😣)...I then booked short 4 night on Mariner out of PC on May 10th.  Now I don't think that will go either, but easy to cancel my plans with no flights or hotels to worry about on the Mariner cruise. 

I will be cancelling the Hawaii cruise on final payment date.  Will let RCI cancel Mariner cruise. 

15 minutes ago, BillHana said:

I have to ask... Why would you want to book and pay deposit for being two different places at the same time? What am I missing??

Flights.  There can be a huge difference in airfare for a couple days difference.  Cruises are booked long before flights by many. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Yes, but they will not allow you to be in places at once.

They did for us. According to their C&A records, DW boarded a southern Caribbean out of San Juan the day before we got off of a western Caribbean out of Florida.

26 minutes ago, BillHana said:

I have to ask... Why would you want to book and pay deposit for being two different places at the same time? What am I missing??

People with indecision issues .  People hedging their bets to see if one cruise will be priced better than the other😇

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

It wasn’t an abuse if RCI allowed it. 

Call it what you wish but it wasn't Royal's intent for people to get 50% cruise discounts.  And if someone did that multiple times intentionally, I would call it abuse.  However, nothing illegal was done and they played within the rules.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Call it what you wish but it wasn't Royal's intent for people to get 50% cruise discounts.  And if someone did that multiple times intentionally, I would call it abuse.  However, nothing illegal was done and they played within the rules.

i think quite a few Lift & Shifts were booked at a very good discount. We moved our Explorer Transatlantic to the Odyssey TA via Lift & Shift,  and the list price of Odyssey was about twice what we paid for Explorer. Without Lift & Shift, we would’ve requested a refund. Instead, RCI has had our deposit for over 2 years.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BillHana said:

My family booked a cruise in December 2019 for February 2022. My brother and his girlfriend of 3+ years booked a room. They broke up. She is now looking to book her own different cruise, as she is obviously not coming with us anymore but dates overlapped.  We can’t take her off his room until he has someone confirmed to replace her, otherwise rates will change. 

12 hours ago, NancyIL said:

How do you think some have abused Lift & Shift?

12 hours ago, soremekun said:

By intentionally booking on Majesty or Empress than then moving the reservation to an Oasis class ship.

12 hours ago, NancyIL said:

It wasn’t an abuse if RCI allowed it. 

RCCL makes many rules/procedures/programs  but doesn't think them through. 

Soremekum, I blame RCCL for allowing that type of L&S  mentioned, but I don't  fault those smart enough to take advantage of it. It was no secret, folks mentioned  it here and on other social media sites.   Only wish I had listened. 

RCCL should have made new  booking  restrictions, some types of ship changes ineligible etc., but they didn't.   Bottom line  is they were likely happy to get/keep  booking dollars. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

RCCL makes many rules/procedures/programs  but doesn't think them through. 

Soremekum, I blame RCCL for allowing that type of L&S  mentioned, but I don't  fault those smart enough to take advantage of it. It was no secret, folks mentioned  it here and on other social media sites.   Only wish I had listened. 

RCCL should have made new  booking  restrictions, some types of ship changes ineligible etc., but they didn't.   Bottom line  is they were likely happy to get/keep  booking dollars. 

Well said! RCI will now limit Lift & Shift to cruises it cancels, and with tighter restrictions than in the past. 

On 2/1/2021 at 6:00 AM, CaribbeanLover22 said:

My family booked a cruise in December 2019 for February 2022. My brother and his girlfriend of 3+ years booked a room. They broke up. She is now looking to book her own different cruise, as she is obviously not coming with us anymore but dates overlapped.  We can’t take her off his room until he has someone confirmed to replace her, otherwise rates will change. 

Just change the name to TBD.  Note that if the cruise is cancelled she will get the FCC.  Ken would know how Royal handles the TBD future certificates.

1 minute ago, LeeW said:

Just change the name to TBD.  Note that if the cruise is cancelled she will get the FCC.  Ken would know how Royal handles the TBD future certificates.

There is not even a need to change the name.  Name changes can be done up to 72 hours prior to sailing.  When one name is a TBD all the money for a FCC would then go to the one guest on the invoice.....might take a while as I've actually had them issue the FCC's to a TBD but it was easily corrected when we went to apply them.

• Like 1