Le Jacques Cartier Iceland August 2021 cancelled

HappyInVan

More bad news. From my TA...

"Please see below and attached your booking moved from August 11-18, 2021 on Le Jacques Cartier to August 13-20, 2021 on Le Champlain. The itinerary, fare, and duration are the same but Ponant upgraded you to a Deck 5 Prestige Stateroom from Deck 4. Final payment is May 15, 2021. Ponant advises guests to contact their air carrier to make any necessary changes. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Looks like I will have to cancel. My second dose VAX is in July. And, I will probably still have to quarantine/test outgoing and return. Not good.

I'm booked on the August 13 cruise that you're being moved to, but it looks like Canada just cancelled its entire 2021 cruise season on both coasts.  I guess it won't be long before we hear this one is cancelled as well.  Not sure what a next move will be.  They're not refunding deposits as far as I know, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, amyr said:

I'm booked on the August 13 cruise that you're being moved to, but it looks like Canada just cancelled its entire 2021 cruise season on both coasts.  I guess it won't be long before we hear this one is cancelled as well.  Not sure what a next move will be.  They're not refunding deposits as far as I know, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The situation with Ponant not refunding cash has got to be addressed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 6:20 PM, Aplmac said:

NOTHING

has messed-up all human endeavour -like Covid-19/20/21

And unfortunately 2021 seems to be trending like 2020 with so many cancellations and countries banning entrance.  Hard to understand how any enterprise such as Ponant and even larger cruise companies can survive.

1 hour ago, jonikal said:

And unfortunately 2021 seems to be trending like 2020

with so many cancellations and countries banning entrance.

Agreed!

Not until much later in the year (Fall?)

will we see any appreciable difference -due to vaccines aplenty

and even then............

Our cruise on Le Champlain has cancelled.  I mistakenly thought it was the August 13 cruise that HappyInVan had been moved to, but it was the one after, on the 22nd.  We were to go from Reykjavik to Montreal via Greenland.  I'm hoping our t/a can get our deposit back, but it's looking unlikely.  I've cancelled so many cruises and airline reservations.  The airline I had the most trouble with was United, but they finally gave in, and all the cruise lines offered refund or FCC except Ponant.  Some I took the money back from, and some I took FCC because I knew I'd be back.  I don't think I'll be back to Ponant, they just have handled this all really badly.

22 hours ago, amyr said:

Our cruise on Le Champlain has cancelled.  I mistakenly thought it was the August 13 cruise that HappyInVan had been moved to, but it was the one after, on the 22nd.  We were to go from Reykjavik to Montreal via Greenland.  I'm hoping our t/a can get our deposit back, but it's looking unlikely.  I've cancelled so many cruises and airline reservations.  The airline I had the most trouble with was United, but they finally gave in, and all the cruise lines offered refund or FCC except Ponant.  Some I took the money back from, and some I took FCC because I knew I'd be back.  I don't think I'll be back to Ponant, they just have handled this all really badly.

Our Aug 22, 2021 sailing was also cancelled due to the Canada restrictions. It had changed from the Le Champlain to the Dumont d'Urville.  We decided to change to the Dumont's new schedule of circumnavigating Iceland.  We have been to most of the places in the past, but by this August will be more than ready for any change of scenery and the summer heat of Florida's West Coast .  Hopefully you will luck out with your refund.

3 hours ago, jonikal said:

Our Aug 22, 2021 sailing was also cancelled due to the Canada restrictions. It had changed from the Le Champlain to the Dumont d'Urville.  We decided to change to the Dumont's new schedule of circumnavigating Iceland.  We have been to most of the places in the past, but by this August will be more than ready for any change of scenery and the summer heat of Florida's West Coast .  Hopefully you will luck out with your refund.

We nearly changed to an Iceland circumnavigation ourselves, assuming/hoping we'll be vaccinated by then.  Like you, another August on Florida's West Coast was going to possibly do us in.  Our travel agent was able to secure us a refund, so we're pleased, and will probably try to do this again in two or three years.  We were originally going to drive the Ring Road and take the Ponant out of Iceland and then continue around Canada when it was over.  I'd still like to try some day.