2-4-21 Thursday Weigh-In Start To A New Month Already!

Belle

I finally realized why my weight fluctuates daily.  My scale is  “HAUNTED”

and I know who it is.   I weigh every day  I use tuesdays as the days I record .  Everyday the weight varies.   This past week has been  particularly crazy. The scale is throwing around 1-2 lbs like keep away.  I was so excited on Wednesday I had dropped 2 lbs from Tuesday. Then came Thursday I was up 4 lbs.   Yesterday I was even with Tuesday.   Today up a lb.  My eating is the same. 

Its taunting me   (Voice from the past)
Boyfriend left because you got fat

You’ve gotten bigger

IT’S  LUCILLE  my mother.  

• Like 1

Belle, sorry to hear about your friend's husband. May have to do a Zoom memorial service. Hubby attended one last year. 

Ombud, glad the fence damage wasn't worse. Our last house lost a whole section of fence in a winter storm. Just blew over. That was expensive even sharing the cost with the neighbor.

Izena, don't listen to that darn scale of yours. You are doing great!

Take care,

Diana

Can't sleep so Good Morning All. Thank you for the kind words about my friend's husband.

Nice she has family close by.

Izena is "Lucille" haunting all our scales? Mine sure goes up and down.😄 But your

scale does better than mine you have to buy new clothes because yours  are to big.

Diana I don't know what she's going to do. Church they wanted someone tested positive

so that's out.  Don't what it is with storms and fences. We lost of ours one year because

of one.

Ombud Thank you, you notice it's mostly the men that go 1st. They always say that women

outlive the men. Know there's exceptions.

Did you all make it though the weekend all right. Did you watch the super bowl? Watched

a little off and on. Half time did nothing for me.

While watching was going though clothes, what I discovered. Had some clothes that

were smaller size then I'm wearing now but fit better than the new ones. Why? I think

because they were older clothes, made better and in the right sizes, not all grouped

together and cut at once. Found a really nice blouse for dinner while cruising.

Don't know why I put it aside,  also a dress for when cruising to Hawaii. I hope we're

back to cruising soon so I can wear them.

Take care, stay safe

It's the afternoon, no one around?  

Rose and Jan-- are you having lots of snow and cold weather, did the storm hit you?

Jo-- do you have lots of snow where you live in Canada? I know some parts have rain

instead of snow.

Izena and Mel-- are you having nice weather, sunny in Texas? 70's but cold mornings?

Diana and Ombud-- are you having half and half, cool weather but with sun?  Was warmer 

but will be cooler for awhile and then some rain?

Hope you all are busy relaxing or having fun and not working to much.

Take care, stay safe

Belle, Yes we got snow yesterday - the high temp was about 27 today, so not bad.  Roads are all clear so traveling is good today.

My DH got the slide projector out (its been in the basement since probably the late 1970's) - he got it all cleaned up and it works.  There are slides from around 1972 - In one slide I had my hair in a long braid (I lightened the hair around my face to blond and left the rest natural) - funny what one thinks is stylish - My braid is almost to my waist ... and I don't seem to have any wrinkles or a "mom belly".   Where the time has gone I don't know ... Interesting to see the past!

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

I've been MIA this week - sorry. I'll have to go back and catch up with what everyone is doing. 

Sad to hear about your friend's husband Belle. It's hard to comfort when we can't be together. 

Sorry to hear about the storms. Ombud, wow! Your poor fence!

It's just been busy here - cake, email, email, cake. They cleaned up all the plastic around the pool - doesn't matter if it gets wet now. It looks a lot better, but nothing is happening with it right now. Waiting for the next thing to be scheduled. The project manager is supposed to stop by this afternoon so DH can figure out what we need to do with the existing gas line for the grill and order his new grill and fridge.

We had a virtual birthday for my MIL yesterday. We gift wrapped the inside of a box and filled it with various flavors of gourmet popcorn from a local shop (the kids were excited they had birthday cake flavor which was just white chocolate covered popcorn with sprinkles), lots of small balloons, party hats, and noise makers. I was so worried that the box would get flipped and a balloon would pop in transit. I can only imagine what the postal workers would have thought! We told MIL she couldn't open her box until her Zoom call with us and we all wore our party hats, sang "Happy Birthday", and ate birthday cake popcorn (I got a bag for us too). Then it quickly devolved into the kids blowing the noise makers for 40 minutes, but MIL loved it! Hopefully we'll be together on a cruise again for her birthday next year. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Belle, nice you found some nice clothing items in your closet. Always nice when that happens. 

Jan, sounds like you guys had a fun time looking back. It's fun to do that. I have all our trip/cruise photos on my laptop and open a folder now and then and reminisce....Only problem....I get sad because I don't know when life will get back to that point☹️

Mel, you're busy, busy. Great way to celebrate your MIL's bday while staying safe. 

Today hubby and I were talking about doing some more concrete work in our backyard (so we don't have to relandscape what was trashed in the storm). So phone calls, etc. We have appts. the next 2 days. Feel ok with that since it is outside, we can distance and wear masks. 

We haven't left the house since last Thursday and probably won't until this Thursday for grocery shopping. What a drag life is.

Have a good day, Diana

• Like 1

No one talking today except Izena.

Everyone tired, bored, and a little fearful of everything that's been going on for a year?

You have nothing to talk about.

Izena where was your cruise going. Sorry it was cancelled was it because was before

May or more than 7 days?

Jan glad your roads are cleared and safe. So funny we have a slide projector too.

Do you think young people know what it is?😄 One year we brought it out and yes

how thin and young we all looked.

Mel nice you've been busy, will earn some money to spend on swim suits. Nice

your pool is coming along. Soon will be jumping in because time goes by so fast.

That was a nice Birthday party you had.

Diana yes it as nice to find some clothes but asking myself, why were they in the

extra closet and ignored. Found some casual clothes to wear around the house to.

Think will be nice to have concrete in backyard and not have to mow or pull weeds.

My friend had the service today for her husband, only family because of Covid19.

Hope everyone id doing ok. Take care

Belle, nice you posted. Yesterday I did some Spring cleaning early. Some dusting. We have a big house so much more to do. 

I tried on a pair of capris yesterday, anticipating summer. A slim pair I have fit great, in fact 2" extra in the waist and roomy all over.

Our gym has been closed for 2 months and several months last year so it's great I'm doing well with things fitting. 

Izena, sorry about the cancelled cruise. 

Have a good day. Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Diana, that 2" loss is fantastic 👏 

Belle, I cemented over my front side yard years ago. Loved it for weeding then (there was a time I did all my yard work), love it now for extra off street parking (can fit 2 cars)

Sorry about the canceled cruise, Izena. 

I'm thinking my October one should be .... maybe I'll cancel if they don't. I have to decide soon on next April. I'm taking 2 granddaughters but I just found out its not spring break and I don't want them to be the only kids onboard 

My April cruise was PUGET SOUND (cancelled x3).  I cancelled my Maine Cruise 9/2021.

Researched other cruises for next year.   Decided on 11 day out of Boston.

( pluses it combines 3 cruises // direct flight fromHouston//  I can add RI to US STATES  visited).  I have visited every state except, Delaware, Maryland, Hawaii and  Dc.  

May visit Montana  and  Tennessee to see friends and family.

Belle - It's cold in Dallas! We've had a couple nights under freezing, but this weekend we'll have 4 days where we don't even get up to freezing and maybe 3" of snow Sunday night and Monday. This southern girl is ready for the spring thaw!

Diana - way to go on the loss. Maybe your weight has been consistently the same because your body is focusing on recomposition right now? I hope your meetings for concrete go well.

Izena - sorry about your cruise. 

Ombud - Since we homeschool, we cruise when everyone else is supposed to be in school, and there are always kids onboard other than ours. It may be different if it's Europe, but it seems a lot of people don't mind taking them out for just a week.  

Nice to see you all today.

Diana sounds like you were busy. WTG on the pants. Doing good.

Ombud I hope Oct. goes. Always seems to be kids on but sometimes just a few.

Izena so it was a b2b's was why they were cancelled. Mine for that reason too.

Mel I didn't think Dallas got that cold during winter. Learn something everyday.

Hope your day has been going well. I'm trying to do a little work today (but on the computer-

is that work?) Really I am have done a few things.  Daughter might come over for a

take out dinner. Will be nice if she does. Depends how late she works.

Take care

Mel, wow, that's cold. Hopefully you don't get too much snow. Thanks for the confidence on the body recomposition. 

Ombud, I think next Spring is a better timeline. We generally cruise in shoulder season but there are always a few kids every cruise. 

Izena, bummer you've had so many trips cancelled. So disappointing. I think looking at next year is a better bet. 

I know we should be more optomistic about later this year it's just that I'm tired of being disappointed, rebooking, etc. We're taking a wait and see approach. 

Belle, good to get that computer work done. 

See everyone at weigh-in tomorrow.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer