HOHO World Cruise?

Chas2crews

I know this is a first world problem, but here goes. Not by design, I once had an around the world flight on different airlines going from Newark to India, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong and Newark. For reasons mentioned in other posts, I won’t be able to do the typical 84-day continuous world cruise.  So much like my flights, I would like to try a “deconstructed” world cruise.  To do so, I am aiming for some of the following:

1. Four separate cruises with no one exceeding 21 days, give or take.
  2. Four separate luxury/premium cruise lines.  Candidates are Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, Oceania, Viking.
  3. One direction, probably east to west.
  4. A departure city that eventually is the return city (may have to relent on this one.)
  5. Includes Panama and Suez Canals transit.
  6. Target budget of $50k in a solo cabin (though I remember the story of the unlimited budget that was exceeded!)
  7. Not necessary to be in geographic and chronological order.  I.e, I could start Capetown to Lisbon followed by Miami to Seward. Etc. 
  8. It will probably be done over 3 to 4 calendar years starting in 2023.

I have a great TA, but thought I would get this group’s learned input so I can help guide her.  I will cross post in the World Cruise board as well. 

Thanks for your thoughts 

Why aren't you considering Crystal? Not saying they shouldn't be included, but you are aware that Oceania and Viking aren't as "luxury" as the others? And then, if you are including "luxury lite", why aren't you considering Azamara?

Edited by Texas Tillie

I would think doing small segments  will cost a lot more than doing a full WC

I would look at some of the  full world cruises  then compare with the segment you  want

Your budget seems low for solo traveller on Luxury or Premium lines

JMO

Also consider what  is included in your fare  when looking at the cruise lines

• Like 1

Yes, I was using the budget as a target, so I think there will be a cost overrun there, LHT.  The smaller segments are a perfect idea, so I now think I will also make some editing calls, like taking Australia, New Zealand and East Africa out of the mix.  I am reluctant to do it, but as some noted, there are tons of opportunities for Panama Canal transits, so maybe I take that out of the mix as well. Thanks much.