Promotions for May & June sailings

florisdekort

I was a bit surprised and frankly disappointed today to see Seabourn advertisements promoting its May and June sailings in Europe. In my opinion there is zero chance that these sailings will go ahead and I honestly don’t understand why they haven’t been cancelled yet unless Seabourn is desperate for cash that they then won’t refund promptly? 

Floris 

I just got off the phone with a Seabourn representative.  She assured me that Seabourn will resume cruising on May 1. I hadn't actually called to ask about that - it just came up in conversation so to speak. She seemed very certain of it.  Was hard not to feel a little twinge of hope that she might be right! 

10 hours ago, mofrances said:

I just got off the phone with a Seabourn representative.  She assured me that Seabourn will resume cruising on May 1. I hadn't actually called to ask about that - it just came up in conversation so to speak. She seemed very certain of it.  Was hard not to feel a little twinge of hope that she might be right! 

I love it when Seabourn representatives know more about how and when France, the UK, Portugal, etc. will come out of a hard lockdown and closed borders than the governments of those countries 😂 

• Like 2

I hope the rep is right, we really like one of the itineraries.  We will get our second vaccine dose in two weeks, so are champing at the bit to get out on the deep blue 🙂

Perhaps SB and other lines are wrangling deals with countries to require all pax to be vaccinated.    Maybe that, plus extensive pre-boarding and on-board testing, will be enough to mollify many countries.

The big question is, if one paid SB in full now for a May cruise, will SB be able to refund the cash if the cruise gets canceled?  Though I have bet big on cruise-line stocks, I’m beginning to get a bit squeamish about their ability to survive this longer-than-expected shutdown 😞

On 2/11/2021 at 12:00 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I hope the rep is right, we really like one of the itineraries.  We will get our second vaccine dose in two weeks, so are champing at the bit to get out on the deep blue 🙂

Perhaps SB and other lines are wrangling deals with countries to require all pax to be vaccinated.    Maybe that, plus extensive pre-boarding and on-board testing, will be enough to mollify many countries.

The big question is, if one paid SB in full now for a May cruise, will SB be able to refund the cash if the cruise gets canceled?  Though I have bet big on cruise-line stocks, I’m beginning to get a bit squeamish about their ability to survive this longer-than-expected shutdown 😞

Actually quite the opposite. Some European governments have expressed concerns that hordes of vaccinated people running around might cause a 3rd wave because although the vaccine suppresses your symptoms, you can still carry and spread the virus to those not vaccinated yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

PPS - Don’t get your hopes up for a “vaccine passport”.  I did a little poking around and it seems that the primary concern of EU members is that requiring proof of vaccination, for anything, wouldn’t be “fair or equitable” to those that can’t, or won’t, get vaccinated....

I think this will change.  Here in UK we have said no to this (or hinted at this should I say), but for those of us who want to travel, the countries may well need this, and it will have to happen.