Despite What Cruise Lines Say, You Won’t Be Setting Sail in May

clo

It has been stated that all Americans "should" have access to vaccines by 1 May and we must allow for injection #2 a month later.   Plus we need time for that to take effect.   "We might be able to gather and celebrate July 4th" so perhaps all American based cruises could / should resume normal schedules in July!  Month of May cruises have now been cancelled, and it seems likely that June may be too for obvious & valid reasons.  OK, let the cruise lines take a positive stand, the CDC needs to take a position, and we can all make plans for the future - starting the second half of the year.  The waiting and wondering is co$ting cruise companies big time, and the CDC is losing faith and trust by not making some decisions and taking a stand.  Covid-19 numbers are going down and should continue to do so in coming months.  We've personally "lost" 2 cancelled cruises (Sept. 20, Jan. 21) and I anticipate a 3rd coming up in June to be cancelled also.  Time to get ON with a more normal routine and life!

JULY FIRST - LET'S START AGAIN - 2021 !!! ???  LET'S CRUISE AGAIN !!!

I’m fully vaccinated and I love cruising (23 so far), with future bookings in Sept and Jan. But if the CDC guidelines to resume cruising include a mandatory mask-wearing requirement (except for eating and swimming), then count me out. I willingly mask up for all inside retail shopping and indoors if with unvaccinated folks, but I draw the line at needing to mask up while cruising. I so much look forward to the day when masks are history — if that day ever arrives.

• Like 1