Newest update for Clippers...

FredT

For those who are interested but have not found the little tab on the Star Clippers site.   This is updated by the company as of February 2, 2021.

Governmental legislation/regulations regarding restarting cruise ship operations internationally will still take more time to finalize and implement. Star Clippers is working on the protocols necessary to restart our sailing cruises and a summary of these will be published on our website prior to the ships resuming service. 

Therefore, Royal Clipper saildates are cancelled until 1st May 2021

Star Flyer saildates are cancelled until 22nd May 2021

Star Clipper saildates are cancelled until 11th September 2021.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, FredT said:

For those who are interested but have not found the little tab on the Star Clippers site.   This is updated by the company as of February 2, 2021.

Governmental legislation/regulations regarding restarting cruise ship operations internationally will still take more time to finalize and implement. Star Clippers is working on the protocols necessary to restart our sailing cruises and a summary of these will be published on our website prior to the ships resuming service. 

Therefore, Royal Clipper saildates are cancelled until 1st May 2021

Star Flyer saildates are cancelled until 22nd May 2021

Star Clipper saildates are cancelled until 11th September 2021.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

The earliest sailing dates have been updated with effect from 25th March, as follows

Royal Clipper saildates are cancelled until 3rd July 2021

Star Flyer saildates are cancelled until 10th July 2021

Star Clipper saildates remain cancelled until 11th September 2021.

The Star Clipper website emphasises the uncertainty of these dates.

• 4 weeks later...

Inching towards our October Greek cruise being canceled .....   Even if it does sail, will Star Clippers restrict us to not leaving the ship unless on a "company excursion" (Like some of the big boys?)   If so, I know we are out.   My hope is that the company will let us know about this before final payment date in July.   (I will have no problem making the payment AS LONG AS the company lets us cancel for a full refund after that  if they implement some sort of shore excursion requirement. ) 

On 4/22/2021 at 3:05 PM, FredT said:

Inching towards our October Greek cruise being canceled .....   Even if it does sail, will Star Clippers restrict us to not leaving the ship unless on a "company excursion" (Like some of the big boys?)   If so, I know we are out.   My hope is that the company will let us know about this before final payment date in July.   (I will have no problem making the payment AS LONG AS the company lets us cancel for a full refund after that  if they implement some sort of shore excursion requirement. ) 

I am booked to sail on Royal Clipper on 3 August, with overnight stays in Athens (before) and Venice (after) necessitated by the absence of flights from my local airport on embarkation and dissembarkation days. As things stand at present this would be the first cruise to sail but would be a logistical nightmare with testing and quaranteen requirements etc. But if I do not pay my balance I will lose my deposit plus non refundable flights etc booked (via Star Clippers) last summer when things looked much more rosy. So I am holding on in there hoping that either the British and other governments will relax requirements (I have had both my vaccinations) or Star Clippers will cancel!

Edited by Denarius

I have just gone back and forth with their US representative, and gotten a firm.... "I dont know"  concerning penalties and refund policies "if the rules change" concerning shore excursions.   

I REALLY dont like the idea that we have to pay the balance of our fare at 90 days, then loose 50% of it (or more) if Star Clippers decides to impose new rules.....  (And the Flyer is just TOO small a ship to be confined on board  for 16 days)    

Edited by FredT

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, Denarius said:

I am booked to sail on Royal Clipper on 3 August, with overnight stays in Athens (before) and Venice (after) necessitated by the absence of flights from my local airport on embarkation and dissembarkation days. As things stand at present this would be the first cruise to sail but would be a logistical nightmare with testing and quaranteen requirements etc. But if I do not pay my balance I will lose my deposit plus non refundable flights etc booked (via Star Clippers) last summer when things looked much more rosy. So I am holding on in there hoping that either the British and other governments will relax requirements (I have had both my vaccinations) or Star Clippers will cancel!

This issue resolved itself when my return flight to my local airport (booked by Star Clippers) was cancelled by the airline. Star Clippers offered to arrange a flight to another airport over 200 miles away (the only alternative available!) or to transfer me to another sailing. I chose the latter option and they transferred all my payments to a new date next year. Well done Star Clippers.

Edited by Denarius
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

New update yesterday

........ Star Flyer saildates are cancelled until 18th September 2021.

Royal Clipper saildates are cancelled until 14th September 2021.

Star Clipper saildates remain cancelled until 13th November 2021.