No cruise booked

Debde

So-am I the only one not booking a thing until the first ship sails out of the US?? Why does my gut now say, not until 2022. Is it only me???

I've got my eye on a January 2022 cruise and scratching my head if that will even happen.🤨

I envy those of you who can think we could be cruising in May and even entertain booking anything in 2021.. Heck-here in NYC you can't even eat inside yet none the less think the cruise port will open any time soon. Although they will allow small capacity dining on Valentines day, my brain does not see cruising for a long time yet.

you're probably right, but we've had a credit since march 2020. being the eternal optimist i booked a cruise for dec 2020. when that fell through, i tried for march this year on the spirit, we all know how that turned out, so i tried again for april on the spirit. "SSDD".

so now we're shooting for this july,9,  10 days on the jade from amsterdam.. if that doesnt happen, we're booked on the getaway oct 2022.  as long as a cruise is already paid for, i may as well keep booking until something actually sails.  this way, i already have my pick of cabins

• Thanks 1

I am the same.  I don't have any credits to use or lose, so no need to book.  I just can't plan a year or two years ahead.  I will wait until I see a ship sail with conditions as close to before as possible.  I just can't do masks, temp checks, spacing, reservations to even check in, etc.   Not for me.   And yea, as much as I wish it would be otherwise, I can't even speculate as to when a ship will even sail.   Too much standing in their way to do so or prepare for.  

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked for July 2022.  I figure it's minimal risk - I only have a deposit down, and if things aren't back to cruising by the time final payment is due, I can just cancel and get my money back.

For the cost of giving NCL a $300 loan for a year, why not book something now if it's the trip I want to take?

I had some cruise next certificates expiring in September 2021, so I booked the Barcelona European cruise for the 5th, I’m hardly out of pocket, paid the balance on the deposit with Amex. So I can always get the money back, final payment end of June, will know more then hopefully?

We had one booked for this year, which we knew wasn't going to happen. We moved the deposit to a 2022 cruise, but I am doubtful we will go on that cruise.

Even if cruises are running, there is a chance we won't want to deal with some of the things in order the cruise. The deal breaker for us will be if we can only do NCL excursions. I understand this limitation, but I won't cruise with it being one of the restrictions.

• Like 1

We have 12 sailings booked between July this year and February, 2023 on 6 different lines.  How many will sail?  Have no idea but since everything is refundable (except if a cruise line goes belly up) we would rather be positioned with itineraries in which we have an interest, at a price we feel is fair, rather than scramble when things open up.

May be an idiotic stance, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

We have 12 sailings booked between July this year and February, 2023 on 6 different lines.  How many will sail?  Have no idea but since everything is refundable (except if a cruise line goes belly up) we would rather be positioned with itineraries in which we have an interest, at a price we feel is fair, rather than scramble when things open up.

May be an idiotic stance, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. 

You kind of sound like me but you got me beat. I've currently got 9 cruises booked between Oct this year and Aug 2023 on "the big 3"

(NCL, RCL & CCL). I'm aiming to get 15 cruises booked over this 3 yr period (avg 5 per year).

I highly doubt any of the major cruise lines will go "belly up". At this point, I've just got deposits down. If the cruise line cancels the cruise, I'll just get my $$ back in full.

• Like 1

We had a TA booked for April 2020.  Needless to say that didn't happen & after reading the NCL's terms & conditions we took the refund.  Based on the comments we've seen here on CC we're VERY glad we 'Took the $$ and ran".

Agree 100% with the OP.  DW & I have a credit that expires in '22 so we're in NO hurry to book ANYTHING until we see a cruise ship actually sail under conditions we can live with...literally...lol

5 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

I have no credits and no cruises booked. I may be one of the few not suffering from cruise withdrawal. I'll wait for reviews of the initial restart cruises to decide when it may seem enjoyable to return to the sea.

I agree. Booking an unknown product (what will cruises be like?) at inflated prices doesn't work for us.

Pricing will be interesting once the FDR Dollars (NCL FCC's and Cruise Next deposits) currently flooding the system wash through. I think last minute booking will be the way to go for the next few years.

22 hours ago, Debde said:

So-am I the only one not booking a thing until the first ship sails out of the US?? Why does my gut now say, not until 2022. Is it only me???

I've got my eye on a January 2022 cruise and scratching my head if that will even happen.🤨

I envy those of you who can think we could be cruising in May and even entertain booking anything in 2021.. Heck-here in NYC you can't even eat inside yet none the less think the cruise port will open any time soon. Although they will allow small capacity dining on Valentines day, my brain does not see cruising for a long time yet.

I've already picked out my restaurant and outfit for Valentine's Day! 

But, as far as cruising...I have a 2021 to Canada which won't sail since Canada won't allow cruise ships in until 3/22...so the CruiseNext and FCC will be back in my inventory.  I'm kinda lazy about booking something else right now.  I really don't want to spend "that much" on a diminished cruising experience.  

I have a 9/22 booked for Canada...so there's some hope there.

The only cruises I see happening in 2021 are "Cruises to LaLa Land".

My guess is that the first sailings will take place in June/July. They will likely be cruises to only private islands such as GSC etc.

We've administered about 40 million doses in the United States alone and are administering close to 1.5 million doses per day (and increasing). At this rate (without increasing vaccination rates) we will be at close to 200 million vaccine doses administered in the United States by June 1st. realistically we'll be closer to 250 million by then. That's about 35-40% of the population vaccinated (each person requires 2 doses).

We had a cruise on the POA that was to sail at the end of the March, 2020. Being the eternal optimist, I rescheduled for June, then March of this year, and now we're scheduled for October. Hoping enough people will be vaccinated by then that, at least, we won't have to be tested & limited to NCL excursions. (I can deal with the other stuff.)  Otherwise, I'll just keep rescheduling.

• Like 1

I am missing cruising big time.  We are NCL loyalists, platinum +.  
We usually cruise twice a year, 9-15 day cruises since we live in the middle of the country, always a couple of days wasted just getting to-from coast.

We had to cancel Alaska 9/20 and Bermuda 4/21; $1500 deposits on each.  Had no issue getting our credit card refund upon cancellation, both at the same time.  
Hubby is retired.  I retire December 21 at age 65.  My ideal retirement celebration included a two week long (prox) cruise.  We were leaning towards Antarctic RT Buenos Aires February of 22.  
Even with our vaccinations completed, not planning to  book anything again until the ships have sailed a few times, and favorable reviews are posted.  All this time, skeleton crews, water systems stagnating, maintenance at a minimum..... I really would like the service and accommodations up to par before I spend that kind of money.

I will not have a problem distancing and masking, if necessary, as that is what I do to enjoy any activity outside my home or office.

I have two booked:

Joy - NYC to Bermuda, July solo

I can drive to the port and only one destination makes it a relatively low risk easy cruise.

No idea whether the cruise will go, but got a great deal during the last sale, never been to Bermuda and want a weeklong vacation so why not give it a try. No flights so cancellation is painless.

Pearl- Athens Greece/Turkey September

This is rebooked from 2020, NCL books flights so not a big deal if this one has to move.

Final payments in May and July so not really concerned at this point. Just building my vacation fund for the day I make those payments. We'll make the safe decisions and life will go on. Mom has her vaccine , I'm waiting my turn.

Edited by Nola26

On 2/7/2021 at 4:26 PM, NikiPinkston said:

We had a cruise on the POA that was to sail at the end of the March, 2020. Being the eternal optimist, I rescheduled for June, then March of this year, and now we're scheduled for October. Hoping enough people will be vaccinated by then that, at least, we won't have to be tested & limited to NCL excursions. (I can deal with the other stuff.)  Otherwise, I'll just keep rescheduling.

I'm with you with fingers crossed 🤞 for the PoA in October (2021)!

• Like 1

We're looking at booking a Japan cruise for next April on the Norwegian Sun. But the only money I'll be putting up are 2 CN certificates. I'm not paying a single dime of 'real' money until I see Japan open its borders. If they haven't opened up by December, we'll cancel.