Constellation Class Cabins

MSEm

Do any of the cabins have mini refrigs?  Is there storage in the bathrooms in the cabins?.  It seems like the AAL and AAC are the same size are are just on different decks.  The AAM are listed as 18 sq ft larger.

Any cabins to avoid?

Thanks for the info.

I don’t think any of the cabins have mini fridges nor are there any safes in rooms.   On my cruise the bathroom had 3 drawers and space under sink.  Most of the cabins are the same.  The higher the deck the more expensive. Except singles with balcony which are all the same price ( need to book way ahead)

I’m interested in more info on the cabins and storage.  I haven’t been able to find pictures or videos. All I find are the pictures on the website.  Anyone know of any?  
No safes? 

Edited by cruiselvr04

I’m not sure what you are asking.   I just did the virtual tour of constellation class ships.   There are pictures of the cabins from all angles.   Shows all the furniture  desk, double dresser, nightstands and closet.  And of course you can use under the bed.   There are no pictures of the bathrooms ( I already mentioned on prior post that there are several drawers  and extra space under sink).  I assume bathrooms are basically the same, single sink,  toilet and shower.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, Izena said:

I’m not sure what you are asking.   I just did the virtual tour of constellation class ships.   There are pictures of the cabins from all angles.   Shows all the furniture  desk, double dresser, nightstands and closet.  And of course you can use under the bed.   There are no pictures of the bathrooms ( I already mentioned on prior post that there are several drawers  and extra space under sink).  I assume bathrooms are basically the same, single sink,  toilet and shower.  

Hi friends! We're not new to cruising but are new to ACL. We're doing the Puget Sound sailing next month on American Spirit. We got our cruise docs the other day and one thing I haven't been able to find is what is available in the way of personal care extras - shampoo? Hair dryer? It's not a big deal for us since I'm not fussy and DH is not really looking for hair care information😀, but just curious. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I haven’t been on this site for awhile - understandably - but thought I would venture back as I am to embark on the American Constellation next Friday in Ketchikan for ACL’s 11-day Alaska Adventurer Cruise on up to Juneau. Similar to ACL’s Alaska Explorer Cruise, mine is NOT RT from Juneau, and is the only one on their schedule for June 4, 2021 through June 14, 2021. Besides Ketchikan, where on June 3rd ACL is provided one night at the Cape Fox Lodge - my very favorite place in Ketchikan, our ports include Wrangell. Petersburg, Skagway, Haines, before ending our cruise in Juneau. Of course, on the way we will be visiting Tracy Arm and the Sawyer Glacier, as well as a day in Glacier Bay. A very nice itinerary! This will be my 7th cruise in Alaska but the first on a small ship. I am looking forward to the experience.

This cruise was chosen to replace my Grand Puget Sound Cruise on May 7th which was cancelled due to the bad COVID situation in Washington; this cruise was RT from Seattle. I will try again for this cruise in 2022.

Any one else on my Alaska Adventurer Cruise? Let me know if so.

~Ron

On 2/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, Izena said:

I did the same for our cabin on the American Jazz the tour shows everything and they don’t show bathrooms but you can find pictures with a little effort!  All the bathrooms have grab bars in the shower, I asked ACL because of my wife’s handicap.  From what I’ve determined the new ships like the Constellation and Jazz have larger cabins and of course newer.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:18 AM, Texasramblinreck said:

I did the same for our cabin on the American Jazz the tour shows everything and they don’t show bathrooms but you can find pictures with a little effort!  All the bathrooms have grab bars in the shower, I asked ACL because of my wife’s handicap.  From what I’ve determined the new ships like the Constellation and Jazz have larger cabins and of course newer.  

Correct. I have searched every where and there are no pics of the handicap bathrooms. We need a roll in shower so that is an important thing for us to see.

3 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

Correct. I have searched every where and there are no pics of the handicap bathrooms. We need a roll in shower so that is an important thing for us to see.

I found these pictures of bathrooms on the Constellation both regular and handicap.  Hope the link works:  91 pictures, the bathrooms are almost to the end.
From USA TODAY 

Photo tour: American Cruise Lines' American Constellation 
One of the 17 AAM category cabins on American Constellation (cabin 410) is a wheelchair accessible cabin with a extra large, wheelchair-navigable bathroom. 

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2018/05/12/photo-tour-american-cruise-lines-american-constellation/34839725/image/34870861/#slide:34870861 

• Like 1

Constellation Shower Questions:

Is there a soap holder in the shower.  Is the soap a bar or liquid?

Is there anywhere in the shower to place shampoo, etc?

Thanks for the help.

On our recent Constitution cruise (not the Constellation, but I think they're identical), we found that the shower stalls had mini-shelves where you could park soap and shampoo.  Not liquid dispensers - bring the soap bar and the shampoo vials they provide by the sink.

We will be on the Constitution in October (Hudson River). Question: do the bathrooms have a night light or a place to plug one in? Or does the light turn on automatically when you walk in?

We brought our own night light.  There was an outlet on the cabin wall next to the sink.  Due to plug polarity, had to plug our light in upside down, but it worked just fine.  Don't believe there was any ship-provided night light, and no, the lights did not come on automatically when we entered. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, CdMAgFox said:

Hello all,

I haven’t been on this site for awhile - understandably - but thought I would venture back as I am to embark on the American Constellation next Friday in Ketchikan for ACL’s 11-day Alaska Adventurer Cruise on up to Juneau. Similar to ACL’s Alaska Explorer Cruise, mine is NOT RT from Juneau, and is the only one on their schedule for June 4, 2021 through June 14, 2021. Besides Ketchikan, where on June 3rd ACL is provided one night at the Cape Fox Lodge - my very favorite place in Ketchikan, our ports include Wrangell. Petersburg, Skagway, Haines, before ending our cruise in Juneau. Of course, on the way we will be visiting Tracy Arm and the Sawyer Glacier, as well as a day in Glacier Bay. A very nice itinerary! This will be my 7th cruise in Alaska but the first on a small ship. I am looking forward to the experience.

This cruise was chosen to replace my Grand Puget Sound Cruise on May 7th which was cancelled due to the bad COVID situation in Washington; this cruise was RT from Seattle. I will try again for this cruise in 2022.

Any one else on my Alaska Adventurer Cruise? Let me know if so.

~Ron

Ron, Glad to see you cruising Alaska again.  We so enjoy your detailed experiences.  We are booked again on HAL 7/31/21 Seattle Rnd trip.  Looking forwards to your insightful posts.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your compliments about my posts. Alaska remains one of my all-time favorite places on earth, and my recent Alaska Adventurer Cruise with American Cruise Lines - the very first to return there in almost two years! - was completed most successfully. It was an excellent cruise!

holland America is also a longtime favorite of mine, having been with them three times to Alaska. Have a great cruise!

~Ron