New to Celestyal and looking for advice and roll call....

DiamondBill102

Hello all,   First time crusing on Celestyal.  We sailing on the Experience December 4th 2021.  Couple of things.  Does anyone know if there is a roll call for that sailing?     Also will be flying in from the US to Athens.   How far is Athens airport to cruise port?  Best way to get there? and last any recommendations for pre and post cruise hotel?

You can start a roll call on this site as you can see others have done.

You can take a private car or a train to the port. I took the train without problem. The only drawback is the distance from the train to the port. I worked up a sweat hauling my bag to the entry point.  Next time I will grab a taxi from train to embarcation. 

My first question is - how many days before the cruise or you going to be arriving.

Even if you are only arriving one day early Imwould suggest staying in Athens and seeing some of the sights and then taking a taxi to the port.  Better yet, I would come in several days early and see as many of the sights as I could.  The AcropolIs will easily take up 1/2 day and you could easily spend 1/2 day in the Plaka area.  Then there is the Acropolis Museum and the National Archeological Museum.  If I was gong to stay in Athens I would look at the Plaka area.  For this you could either take a taxi or the train.  If you take the train you might want to use a taxi to the hotel.  The hotel can arrange a taxi to meet you at the airport.

if you are going to come in the day before and go to Piraeus to be close to the port  then I would definitely do as saltshell said and take the train to Piraeus and then. Taxi to the airport.  Don't know anything about Piraeus hotels.  Would check TripAdvisor for that.

You can check this link for some info on transportation from the airport and on Athen's hotels -  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/463-greece-ports/page/152/ 

Stan

• 2 weeks later...

Airport is further out and about 50eu to the port. I'd definitely recommend coming in the day prior. I've done the train and metro both with luggage and wouldn't recommend it honestly. Take a taxi to your hotel and then a taxi the following day to the port. Taxi for airport to Athens city is about 40eu and probably about 30eu to the port from the city. You can also get with a company like PK travel if you have a late flight leaving and they can do a city tour and then drop you at the airport at the end.