Hotels near Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal

hotrod610

24 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Next time in Barbados, and in the South, rather than booking Boatyard, consider Champers, they give a discount on a “Party” for Dinner, plus it’s a better dining experience.

I'm actually talking about Bimini Boatyard which they call the boatyard its a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale right on the Marina where a lot of people meet for dinner the night prior to the cruise. Great atmosphere and food.  Thanks for the info re Champers 👍 

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm actually talking about Bimini Boatyard which they call the boatyard its a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale right on the Marina where a lot of people meet for dinner the night prior to the cruise. Great atmosphere and food.  Thanks for the info re Champers 👍 

Outside dining at the Boatyard in Fort Lauderdale. 

13-boatyard-broward-new-times-credit-candacewest.com.jpg

20 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

LOL. oops!
Seriously, if in Barbados for a few days, then book Tides for a long light lunch, afternoon cocktails, Sunset cocktails, followed by Dinner all in one sitting.

Stagger delivery of the “Tides Cooler” cocktail.  It’s just like a “Killer Bee”,  refreshing, mild tasting, easy drinking, so I’ll have another, followed by “same again”.

Then you open your eyes and say to yourself “What am I doing in the back of a Police Van?”

Think it’s called a Cooler, because it’s where you could end up.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Cooler
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I'm a kid in a candy store. 🍷🍷🍷

As am I.  The first time I visited a Total Wine store (which was in Jensen Beach, Florida), it was an overwhelming experience.  My local wine store that I patronize is recognized as the best in this region of the United States, but....Total Wine is on a different plateau totally.  

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

As am I.  The first time I visited a Total Wine store (which was in Jensen Beach, Florida), it was an overwhelming experience.  My local wine store that I patronize is recognized as the best in this region of the United States, but....Total Wine is on a different plateau totally.  

The only place to purchase wine where I live in Ontario Canada is the LCBO (Liquor control board of Ontario) and we get nowhere near the volume or variety the US purchases. They are also very expensive in comparison.  I now only buy delisted wines at a 20-30% discount. Good thing I don't live in the States or I might have a problem. 😁

• Like 1

We like to stay in one of the 17th Street hotels before a cruise.  The locations of Extended Stay America and Holiday Inn Express work best for us.  We can easily walk up to the drawbridge to see the ships in port, and it's an easy walk to a number of restaurants, drug stores, grocery stores, etc. on the other side of 17th Street.  Then a quick shuttle to the ship on cruise day.

As others have stated 17th Street is a great location with walking distance to stores, restaurants, etc.  

I also vote for Hilton Marina, but have stayed at the Embassy Suites as well.  Hilton is recently renovated, ES is worn, but has a nice pool area and includes a free hot breakfast.  I choose Hilton if I had a choice between the two.  It's a great location right on the intracoastal, beautiful pool, and literally right next to the cruise port.  

There is also a Renaissance, Hyatt Place, and a Holiday Inn Express in that area too.  

39 minutes ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

I also vote for Hilton Marina, but have stayed at the Embassy Suites as well.

I stayed at the Hilton Marina once think it was 2016 but was not as nice in big need of a renovation although pool area was good. Carpet in front entrance dirty and shabby looking. Renaissance on the other hand is always nice with beautiful pool area and lots of restaurants and shopping close by. Can be expensive depending on time of year.  I think I took an uber to the port for around $7.00. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I stayed at the Hilton Marina once think it was 2016 but was not as nice in big need of a renovation although pool area was good. Carpet in front entrance dirty and shabby looking. Renaissance on the other hand is always nice with beautiful pool area and lots of restaurants and shopping close by. Can be expensive depending on time of year.  I think I took an uber to the port for around $7.00. 

As I stated, the Marina just went through a heavy renovation last year, it's in great shape now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

As I stated, the Marina just went through a heavy renovation last year, it's in great shape now.

Stayed there 2017-18-19....found it to be a very busy lobby, but in no way tacky or dirty.  I seem to remember a lot of granite flooring in the lobby from the front door and down to the pool area.  Rooms on the higher floors are large with a nice size balcony and maybe a little more costly;  don't know about the lower floors or the side villa rooms.  Looking forward to the Nov. '21 stay....the pics of the refurb are lovely.  Should add FYI...the Marina is more expensive Nov. '21 than The Ren.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 6:46 AM, davekathy said:

We stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale/Air Port North/Cruise Port or the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale/17th Street. Here is the Link to Fort Lauderdale Departures. You'll also find suggestions there and you can ask your question there also. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/533-florida-departures/

We have booked the Embassy Suites for October 10 and 11 for (hopefully!) an October 12, 2021 to PC with Celebrity. As they are owned by RCCL and they have said no cruises more than 7 nights until November 1, I hold little hope this will sail. I can cancel Embassy with no loss if need be. Got a great rate and Embassy is close to restaurants and received very good things.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, drakes2 said:

The only place to purchase wine where I live in Ontario Canada is the LCBO (Liquor control board of Ontario) and we get nowhere near the volume or variety the US purchases. They are also very expensive in comparison.  I now only buy delisted wines at a 20-30% discount. Good thing I don't live in the States or I might have a problem. 😁

I find you can get some decent wines at reasonable prices in the Vintages section. LCBO can be competitive there with the imports. 

I booked the Hyatt Place in Dec via the dodgy site. Was looking at the Hilton Marina but we really love the space you get at the Hyatt.

6 hours ago, starvenger said:

I find you can get some decent wines at reasonable prices in the Vintages section. LCBO can be competitive there with the imports. 

I booked the Hyatt Place in Dec via the dodgy site. Was looking at the Hilton Marina but we really love the space you get at the Hyatt.

Some of the larger vintages section will do a markdown of overstock every few months. That's all I buy now as excellent bargains. For whatever reason the wine agents can't get a lot of the wines I see at Total Wine in Florida.  

• Like 1