Delay to start of Trans-Tasman bubble

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I would be worried about that one. 10 month wait from Crystal.

Not a lot I can do about it unfortunately. They are owned by Genting but I don't think they've had much financial support for them. Given they are supposed to be a six star cruise line it's a big disappointment. We really enjoyed the one cruise we did with them but won't be cruising with them again.

• 1 month later...

This is what is being reported on the ABC website regarding the bubble. The bubble is getting closer.🤞

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she will reveal a date for the start of a new trans-Tasman travel bubble on April 6.

"We don't have a date for you," Ms Ardern said in a news conference.

She said more time was needed to set up the final framework of an agreement and determine arrangements such as contact tracing measures and managed isolation facilities. 

Last night the federal government amended the legislation relating to Australia's travel ban to exclude people flying to New Zealand, paving the way for the travel bubble.

Previously Australians had to apply for an exemption to travel anywhere overseas, including New Zealand

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It looks like today Jacinda will be announcing that NZ is joining the Oz bubble this month.

No more quarantine when going to NZ and no vaccine required.

Just as winter approaches so I guess there won't be (as big) a rush.

Good for skiers.

Edited by lyndarra

44 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It looks like today Jacinda will be announcing that NZ is joining the Oz bubble this month.

No more quarantine when going to NZ and no vaccine required.

From the TV news heard, it will not be a national Aust/NZ travel bubble, but will be on a State by State basis.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

From the TV news heard, it will not be a national Aust/NZ travel bubble, but will be on a State by State basis.

That makes sense, just like what is happening between the Australian States already. Just don't get caught on the wrong side of a border if it gets shut with little warning.😒

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Bit if worry Les.... State by state equals  revolving doors and a very open and shut case......

as well as who's got the keys ???

Don 

Yes just certain States not Qld.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

That makes sense, just like what is happening between the Australian States already. Just don't get caught on the wrong side of a border if it gets shut with little warning.😒

Therein lies the problem with States and NZ. Jacinta will close the concession like lightening if there is a covid spike.

46 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Following the recent outbreak in Brisvegas, all States and Territories closed their borders, except NSW.

Gladys B showed a bit of guts and made a good decision there. As for the others....well......words fail me.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not Qld? I don't understand.

Arrangements proposed to fly to a number of States but not Qld.  I don't understand either knowing how Kiwis love holidaying at the Coast during winter especially. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Gladys B showed a bit of guts and made a good decision there. As for the others....well......words fail me.

However she told everyone not to visit Queensland!

BTW Qld didn't close its border on this occasion. 

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Arrangements proposed to fly to a number of States but not Qld.  I don't understand either knowing how Kiwis love holidaying at the Coast during winter especially. 

Might it be that it has not been 14 days since the last case of community transmission?

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I perused the conditions, Dont like them, still dodgy. Too many ifs and buts.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me - planning some winter sun in Queensland - totally expect to pay costs if the border closes while we're there - certainly not rushing back to go into isolation - will just stay longer at the beach 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1