Feb 12 Alaska Update

Canada Travel Restrictions

Last updated February 12th, 2021

On February 5th, 2021 the Canadian government announced continued port closures for all cruise ship travel through February 2022, which may have left you wondering what would happen with your upcoming sailing. Over the last few days, we’ve been reviewing our itineraries and discussing our options with various government agencies to determine the best plan of action for your cruise. We ask for your continued patience as we work diligently on next steps in light of this recent government mandate.

We understand that you may be eager to either book a new cruise or work on alternate vacation plans. So, we’ve emailed you and your travel partner with a breakdown of your options which include selecting one of the following:

• Wait for an Updated Itinerary or Official Cancellation

• Select a New Sailing

• Opt-in for a 125% Future Credit

• Receive a 100% Refund

• Like 1

Dear valued Travel Partners,

Royal Caribbean is committed to doing everything in our power to keep you, our guests and our crew healthy and safe. We continue to work closely with government officials to bring you the latest news and updates. As you may have heard, the Canadian government recently announced a ban on cruise ship travel through February 2022. While we are disappointed by this news, we understand and appreciate the Canadian government’s focus on combatting COVID-19 and fully respect each country’s decision to evaluate cruise ship and guest entry. We will continue to monitor the situation, but it is fluid and ever evolving.

At this time, we have decided not to cancel any sailings scheduled to visit Canada. This includes cruises embarking/debarking from Canada ports, as well as those itineraries touching on Canadian ports of call. It’s our hope that your clients will maintain their existing reservations with us as we work with the government and CLIA on potential alternatives. While we explore options and determine our path forward, Final Payment due dates will be automatically extended to 45 days prior to departure for those sailings soon approaching this payment milestone.

We hope your clients will choose to wait this one out with us but, for those who prefer to make changes to their reservation, we are extending the below options.
Please note that, should your client opt to move or cancel their reservation, they are locked-in and cannot revert back to their original situation, regardless of the future status of the impacted sailing.

• Like 2

OPTION #1 OPTION #2 OPTION #3 OPTION #4
  MODIFIED
LIFT & SHIFT
FUTURE
CRUISE CREDIT
REFUND STICK WITH US
OFFER Move to the same ship, itinerary, and stateroom category next year that departs +/- 1 week from original sail date and your client's cruise fare/promotion is protected! 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) when booking by April 30, 2022 and sailing by September 30, 2022. 100% refund of amount paid valid through June 30, 2021. Give us time to sort through this. While we are exploring options, Final Payment Due date for sailings scheduled to visit Canada will adjust to 45 days prior to sailing.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rockmom said:

So, I'm a little confused.  I haven't made final payment, only the deposit. I have to wait until they officially cancel to do the 125% or refund?  L&S won't work for me, there's not a 3 nighter at the same time next year.  

I think that you can take the refund or 125% FCC now.

• Like 1

If my Canada cruise was booked with a FCC that was from a cruise RC cancelled, I assume my FCC would be the same amount  (not 125% of the 125%) and the cash refund would be for the original amount before the 125%.  Or would we be eligible for a cash refund?

Hmm, we are scheduled to go Southbound from Seward in June. I’m highly skeptical that will happen. We would want to do the Lift and Shift to 2022. Wondering whether we should try to make that happen, or wait for the cancellation and see if they then tack on a sweetener to the lift and shift?

Just now, JSSpence said:

Hmm, we are scheduled to go Southbound from Seward in June. I’m highly skeptical that will happen. We would want to do the Lift and Shift to 2022. Wondering whether we should try to make that happen, or wait for the cancellation and see if they then tack on a sweetener to the lift and shift?

They already cancelled Quantum Alaska a few weeks ago and what they are offering you now is what we got.  I doubt they will offer anything else.  I would grab the cabin you want now with a lift and shift before it is gone.

1 hour ago, JSSpence said:

It won’t get any sweeter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I would have held out longer if they announced the 45 day prior final payment yesterday.  My final payment was due yesterday, so I canceled yesterday.

Yes. It stinks when that happens. It happened to us and many others. It is too expensive to make final, so you cancel, and then they cancel the cruise within a day or 2. Oh well. A FCC is not the end of the world. We ended up with 2each and booked 2 cruises to use them on. :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

So, I'm a little confused.  I haven't made final payment, only the deposit. I have to wait until they officially cancel to do the 125% or refund?  L&S won't work for me, there's not a 3 nighter at the same time next year.  

I'm also confused...My cruise (Canada/NE) isn't until Oct 14, 2021 and have only made the deposit. The bookings for Oct 2022 aren't even out yet for a similar itinerary. 

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

How can you take the FCC 125% if only a deposit has been made ? Sorry to repeat this confusing option.

This isn’t the first time they have offered this.

If you have only made a deposit and don’t want to lift and shift or wait they are letting you cancel and get a FCC for 125% of your deposit instead of taking the refund. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes the schedule changed.  Some were released a week early (this week) and the rest are delayed. 

Thanks so much...I asked about this on another thread but I understand now...appreciate your answer.

• Like 1